3D printed Ruger Charger

I'm a bit unhappy at the way the poll is going at the moment. For some reason more than half of people don't think that law abiding Americans​ should be able to make their own guns.

Glock's been printing plastic guns for decades.

Why did he have to build it in two pieces?

Is the shape/design/size beyond the capabilities of the printer?

Glock's been printing plastic guns for decades.

Why did he have to build it in two pieces?

Is the shape/design/size beyond the capabilities of the printer?
Glock has been molding plastic guns for decades.

The build may be in two pieces because of the capability of his printer, but it's certainly not beyond the technology as it stands today.

I love how people say this is trivially easy. It isn't as easy as people are lead to believe.

If you wanted to make it out of anything that is better than FDM makerbot the machine cost alone makes it out of the reach of pretty much everyone.

[cerberus];4013964 said:
I love how people say this is trivially easy. It isn't as easy as people are lead to believe.

If you wanted to make it out of anything that is better than FDM makerbot the machine cost alone makes it out of the reach of pretty much everyone.

Probably cheaper to get a personal CNC machine setup (from LMS)... Then just make it out of metal and be done with it.

Probably cheaper to get a personal CNC machine setup (from LMS)... Then just make it out of metal and be done with it.

I know it is cheaper. My buddy bought a $1k grizzly mill and converted it to CNC for about another grand. He had a fully operable CNC mill which was more than capable of it.

That isn't as flashy as 3D printing. Our 3D printer supplier just laughs when I talk to him about this kind of stuff.

Im-awesome-.gif

My 3D printer cost $40K and thats about a 12 hour print. A low end HASS is about the same price and a 1 hour run time to get a much better product! It is cool to print stuff just to see if it can be done but not very practical for this application. The plastic I have would maybe last 2 rounds and then BOOM! Place your orders![grin]

Back
Top Bottom