• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.308 Scope Suggestions

If you find yourself in western mass your welcome to take a look through it. And shoot with it for that matter (assuming the timing works out).

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

You can see in that review that people can be made out at a MILE.

2dsjv5z.jpg

i need more money so i can throw it at that scope, that's cool. i'd like to see how the TRS stacks up against that. probably not as well! [laugh]

For starters, you need to know what kind of magnification and reticule type you want/are comfortable with, and then take it from there. Do you like mil/mil or MOA? Will you shoot bench, prone or every position? Tactical/hunting application or target only? Known distances or will you have to evaluate as well? How much wind age/elevation do you want, or need?
I, personally, would set my price range up to the 7-800 dollar range, that will get you a MUCH better scope.

Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 FFP Ill. EMDR(PICS) - Calguns.net

That's a great review on the weaver. I got mine for less than 700 after rebates.

Those pics do not do the glass justice, I can read where it says "RD" in smaller letter on the street sign 220 yards away EASILY. You can see in that review that people can be made out at a MILE.

The thing is a tank, its mil/mil and ffp. Red/Green illum. The only thing that would be nice is Zero stops, but honestly that was hardly an issue for me. Lifetime warranty is nice too, and weaver isn't going anywhere.

At 3X magnification with or without the illum up it can easily be used in "CQB."

All my research pointed me to that as the best scope under 1K.

Here it is on the AR10
20130521_190347_zps17ee9540.jpg

Mike
Mike. What type of a mount, height etc. do have the scope set up on?

I bought that same Weaver scope a little while back too. I just have a regular mount for now since I doubt I'll need a 20 MOA mount anytime soon. I mounted it on my regular AR and shot out to 100 yards, and it's pretty easy to make out the holes in the target. I have all the parts to complete my .308 build except for the lower which should hopefully come in the next few weeks and then I can have some real fun. I'm 100% happy with choosing this scope, I had mixed feelings before I ordered it but it's really good quality for the price.

I doubt I'll need the 20MOA mount anytime soon either... but I needed a mount and figured I'd get one that would let me stretch its legs should I ever have the opportunity.

Mike

Got my scope & mount yesterday. Looks solid. Now I've got to complete my QD build an get it dialed in for this weekend. Ive been thinking about swapping it between the LR 308 and the Rem 700 LRT i just picked up, but I think that mount would be too high on top of a Weaver picatinny. I'll probably just pick up some 30mm quick detach rings for that. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again Mike.

Back
Top Bottom