303 brit. no 4 mark1

I bought one of those from Woolworths about 20 years ago advertised as the gun of the month for $59.99. I brought it home cleaned all the cosmoline off and what I had was a cherry 1943 Long Branch never fired with the brass butt plate. It is in New Condition sitting in my safe. I did shoot it once at 300 yards Kneeling and was able to group 5 shots in a 8" circle!!

Very nice guns I am sure you will love shooting it..

I had a p14,war 1. And a Irish #4 mark2. Sold them all sold off all ammo and dies. I was trying to cut down on cal. of guns I had. Got gun from a friend I think I'm back in the 303 brit.

Mine is a Savage "Lend-Lease" gun.............

Little known tip:

The guns were issued to soldiers with a full set of 7 front sight ramps (different heights). The soldier selected the one that lined up the gun for him, and usually tossed the rest.
The sight that came with your gun might not be the best for you.

There's a guy in England with a warehouse full of the sight sets. I bought a full set, and now have the one for me that's perfectly right.

I also have some extra extractor springs if anyone needs one. $6.50 shipped. I bought a factory full box of them (25) from that same guy in England.

Little known tip:

The guns were issued to soldiers with a full set of 7 front sight ramps (different heights). The soldier selected the one that lined up the gun for him, and usually tossed the rest.

There's a guy in England with a warehouse full of the sight sets. I bought a full set, and now have the one for me that's perfectly right.

I also have some extra extractor springs if anyone needs one. $6.50 shipped. I bought a factory full box of them (25) from that same guy in England.

Never knew that about the front sights.

Little known tip:

Hmm, never knew about that either. Do you have the contact info for that guy in England? I won't mind picking up a few sets myself.

Back
Top Bottom