3 Y/O S.C. Boy Killed After Mistaking Pink Handgun For Toy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are the types of folks who purchase a pink handgun...

I am not attacking the guy who builds a nerf gun Glock for fun, or a Pink cerakoted 1911. But the chick that buys a pk380 over another gun because it's pink? She isn't buying that gun for the right reasons, it's an accessory and she deserves and accidental discharge straight to the foot...

I see. In your world a pink gun for a guy is ok.
A pink gun for a "chick" not OK and deserving of a gun shot to the foot.
It makes sense to you.....
[hmmm]

Because I have worked with kids. I spent 4 years in college to become an educator, a year teaching 1st grade, before moving into working with adjudicated youth in both a clinical and outdoor therapy setting (mainly juvenile sex offenders, but I had all sorts of kids in my program).

So having actually spent time in the real world, with idiot kids and smart kids, and ****ed up kids, and kids who just want attention, I have a basis as to how they think.

You are making an assumption based upon the idea of "Well my kid knows, blah blah blah, I'm such a good parent, blah blah blah."

No. If you have a pink handgun, you are a dumb stupid asinine person who isn't looking at the whole picture. You are painting yourself as someone who never ****s up, and never makes a mistake, and is never in a position where a kid may be able to grab a gun. And you obviously don't give a shit about kids, or keeping the antis at bay.

By supporting a pink gun, you are supporting the idiot that "needs" a pink gun, and then leaves it out for their kids to shoot themselves. The bottom line is that a pink gun is much more likely to be though of as a toy.

You are well spoken as well. But the difference between us is that you don't think about how an anti's mind works.

I pray you don't end up teaching my kids. By age 7 I was shooting regularly. I knew a toy gun from a real gun, even if it was orange and bedazzled. Why? Because my father realized I wasn't a ****ing idiot and educated me. People like you who seal kids in a bubble ultimately cause their death when they come across a pink, blue, chocolate covered gun at a friends house and "pew pew" themselves into a morgue. I, on the other hand, would have thought 'what an ugly gun' and left it alone.

For those saying that you should educate the kids. Do you have kids?
Did you read the posts by the parents who said they educated their own children?

Because I have worked with kids. I spent 4 years in college to become an educator, a year teaching 1st grade, before moving into working with adjudicated youth in both a clinical and outdoor therapy setting (mainly juvenile sex offenders, but I had all sorts of kids in my program).
Oh, I see. More parenting advice from an educator who doesn't actually have children.

Thanks.

[rolleyes]

As soon as my son could speak in phrases he could answer these questions correctly:

Are there real guns and toy guns? (Yes, there are both)

Can real guns hurt you if you don't know how to use them? (Yes, they can hurt you or kill you)

If you see a gun and you're not sure if it's your toy, should you touch it? (No, never)

What should you do if you see a gun like that? (Walk away, fast)

Who should you tell and when? (I should tell Daddy, Mommy or the closest grown up right away)

We drilled this over and over again until he could recite it in his sleep.

I'm making an assumption based upon the idea of "letting small children play with a handgun - most especially a LOADED one - is a terrible ****ing idea! A ****ing terrible idea of epic proportions!"

When the ****up or mistake in question is allowing children to play with a handgun - no, I can honestly say I've never done that. It's grossly negligent. And in this case, it is the sole cause of this incident. By trying to apportion fault, you're trying to mitigate the parent(s) 100% culpability here.

Here in America - we don't need to support anyone's 'needs' for their possessions. This is (was, it sometimes seems) the land of liberty. We're not required to demonstrate a need for our personal possessions or our rights to possess them. We believe in these principles so firmly that as a nation, we historically don't get along very well with the nations that require their subjects to prove a demonstrable need to simply possess their personal belongings. I'm fairly sure, in fact, we've bombed the shit out of other countries and shot their shit up so their subjects could be citizens instead. Why do you so hate the underpinnings of the American ideal? Why do you want the terrorists to win?

And an anti's mind doesn't work - their emotion does, and it's abundantly clear that they cannot distinguish the result of their emotions from reasoned thought.

Because they are the types of folks who purchase a pink handgun...

I am not attacking the guy who builds a nerf gun Glock for fun, or a Pink cerakoted 1911. But the chick that buys a pk380 over another gun because it's pink? She isn't buying that gun for the right reasons, it's an accessory and she deserves and accidental discharge straight to the foot...

Deserves to be shot in her foot because she has a pink gun? That's harsh. Maybe I live in a dream world, but I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their handguns, but by the content of their character. WITHOUT anyone wishing an N/D upon them.

Does every NES thread have to go Full retard. Do you guys talk to people in real life like this? Or are you just Keyboard Jockey's taking your fustrations out on everyone on the Internet............Jesus. 3 Y/O is dead because of improper storage plain and simple. Who gives a crap about the color.

japollner,

Do you have enough rope yet, or do you need a little more?

Why isn't your member name green?

All I am getting at here is that Pink guns are dumb, and this person was an idiot. I won't have a pink gun in my house ever on the off chance that something happens and my kid (or their idiot friend) gets a hold of it.

All I am getting at here is that Pink guns are dumb, and this person was an idiot. I won't have a pink gun in my house ever on the off chance that something happens and my kid (or their idiot friend) gets a hold of it.

The point is that "If by chance" should never DAMN HAPPEN. If you leave a loaded gun around untrained Kids or their friends and something happens you should go to jail. Pink guns are not Dumb the issue is that some people are Dumb. You should have to take a common sense test before they issue your permit.

Last edited:
Why isn't your member name green?

Because while I took an extended leave from the site to raise my new-born son, my membership lapsed, and after being back for a week or so, I haven't renewed it yet.

And what I'm getting at is that your argument against "pink" guns is just as unintelligent, over-reaching and infringing on the rights of others as the push to ban "assault weapons" based on "evil" cosmetic appearances like adjustable length of pull stocks, threaded barrels and barrel shrouds. A "Pink" gun is no more dumb than a black, stainless steel, nickel, chrome or parkerized gun. It's a personal taste and cosmetic choice and had NOTHING to do with the tragedy that happen. Displacing the blame for the failure of the parents to properly secure a firearm, supervise their children or train them to deal with the dangers within their home only a cosmetic feature of the gun is pure garbage. And after pages of posts pointing out that fact, you're STILL trying to use that bogus argument to justify your desire to use the legal system to impose your opinions, tastes and choices on the community at large. What's worse yet, you've disgraced educators by attempting to use your position as an educator and former public employee to validate your position that your choices be imposed on others.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom