.22lr today

Not to thread hijack but, has Four Seasons sold a single box of .22 out of the store this month? Anyone buy or see .22 for sale at FS?

Yes Four seasons does have .22lr. BUT only if you buy a 22 from them then they will sell you a box at a nice inflated price. My buddy picked up a 10/22 earlier this month. Was sold a box of 325rnd from out back. Didn't check the sale slip until after we left and it was $45.

I also got the same deal last year when i bought my 10/22 there but I at least got a 525rnd box for $45

Last edited:
yeah I didn't bother mentioning that, but most gun shops do the same thing. Hold some back to sell with a new gun.

It's time manufacturers accept the fact they can not keep up with demand for .22. Many thousands of new shooters coming in to the sport, more people choosing to shoot it at the range because of the skyrocketing costs of larger calibers, and, of course, the never ending compulsion to hoard. It would be a wise business decision, at this time, to ramp up production. The set-up costs would be recovered fairly quickly, IMHO.

I don't want to turn this into a debate about component availability. I don't buy it. There is no shortage of raw materials. Just the will to manufacture.

Bill, There manufactures are making more .22 ammo then they ever have. They have added a third shift. Their claim is that the shortage is consumer driven. As soon as it hits the store people buy it all up to horde as they don't think they'll ever see it again. It is their claim that if people stopped buying/hording the supply would return to normal.

And from what I've read, making primed rimfire cases is very difficult and there's only like 2 places that make them.

And from what I've read, making primed rimfire cases is very difficult and there's only like 2 places that make them.

If two manufacturers can produce them, why not three??? Serious question. I know, I know, the business climate sucks right now, but there's money to be made. Would it be reasonable to think that the manufactures of these cases want to grow with the times? Or perhaps a competitor could step in? There's a practical answer to most problems, and this deficit is not insurmountable!

If two manufacturers can produce them, why not three??? Serious question. I know, I know, the business climate sucks right now, but there's money to be made. Would it be reasonable to think that the manufactures of these cases want to grow with the times? Or perhaps a competitor could step in? There's a practical answer to most problems, and this deficit is not insurmountable!

Well its apparently difficult enough that nobody else has wanted to invest the time, money and effort/resources already, which tells me it must be REALLY difficult and/or costly or it would have been done by now. There's also the whole issue of building a facility, local/state/federal licensing, etc etc etc that makes it a pretty lengthy process just to get started. Then there's the testing and QC on their whole process before they can reliably turn out product. So they may have calculated that by the time they can start producing rounds and sell enough to make back the initial investment to just break even, the panic buying will have subsided and they'll be stuck with this big new facility for turning out something that will just cause a glut in the market which will drive down prices and their profits.

Well its apparently difficult enough that nobody else has wanted to invest the time, money and effort/resources already, which tells me it must be REALLY difficult and/or costly or it would have been done by now. There's also the whole issue of building a facility, local/state/federal licensing, etc etc etc that makes it a pretty lengthy process just to get started. Then there's the testing and QC on their whole process before they can reliably turn out product. So they may have calculated that by the time they can start producing rounds and sell enough to make back the initial investment to just break even, the panic buying will have subsided and they'll be stuck with this big new facility for turning out something that will just cause a glut in the market which will drive down prices and their profits.

Looks like I'm a glass half full guy, and you are not.

I'd rather come up empty handed than buy Remington Thunderbolts.

I kindly disagree.
their ammo used to stink but since 2013 it has been phenomenal for me as of late.
i get similar performance w rem thundbolts as from CCI minimag.
the gold glitter is irritating though i look like a ballerina after shooting it all afternoon.

I kindly disagree.
their ammo used to stink but since 2013 it has been phenomenal for me as of late.
i get similar performance w rem thundbolts as from CCI minimag.
the gold glitter is irritating though i look like a ballerina after shooting it all afternoon.

if you are covered in glitter you were shooting golden bullets......he was talking about thunderbolts.

I still have a box of Thunderbolts sitting on my desk. If you can get them to chamber, you can barely get them to ejsct. Some of them won't even chamber in a single shot. Garbage.

Dicks, I posted it in the thread. No I wont do that, If I do sell them it will be to a buddy.

I have been toying with the idea to get some sort of .22. Buy it cheap stack it deep.

if you are covered in glitter you were shooting golden bullets......he was talking about thunderbolts.

ah yes, i stand corrected. golden bullets not thunderbolts. thank you...explains why the glitter was all over my hands.
and also i was probably visiting a titty bar so that explains why the glitter is all over my face.

Just stopped in Shooters Outpost just now. They had quite a bit of American Eagle high velocity 22 ammo. $3.99 per 50 rounds, four box limit.

Why buy them? To turn them for a profit?

He bought it so folks like yourself would make false insinuiations against him on the internet. [laugh] (I kid, I kid. )

I buy ammo for guns I don't have all the time. Sometimes I use it in other people's guns; or I end up selling/trading it to friends who need it, etc. It's not the lions share of my purchases but it happens.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom