.22 RIMFIRE TACTICAL MATCH

I'm looking to have a .22LR RIMFIRE Tactical Match in Western Mass at THE WESTFIELD SPORTSMAN CLUB. ( just off interstate 90 ).

If there is enough interest the Match will be sometime in the early fall, hopefully monthly in 2009.

All interested parties can e-mail me, Gary Stowe @ [email protected]

The match is open to any .22 LR rifle. Match will be aprox 75 - 100 rounds on paper targets. Ranges 50-200 yards.

Last edited:
200 Yards?

I'm moving this Aug from Longmeadow to Westfield, MA and WOULD BE INTERESTED in a rimfire 22LR match (just finished tricking out a Ruger 10/22 with a Varq. trigger group & a Tac Sol barrel). I'm thinking about a Leapold 22LR scope.
My only concern is the range of 200 yards? I've found that a 22LR does some strange stuff out past 100 yards, the bullet drop is awful.
smitty

We do a weekly 200 yd offhand match thru the summer months and I'd say there are probably 3 or 4 people who shoot rimfires.
If you pay attention to the wind and do what you're supposed to while sqeeezing the trigger and following through after the shot is away, you can do well.
Ammunition is more of a contributing factor at 200 yds, of course. You have to to use good stuff.
I wish we'd have more rimfire matches south of Boston.
CJC

Another preson interested in hearing details. I've got a couple 10/22s and a AR with an awesome .22 upper.
Also, what about optics vs iron sights. Everything I shoot has iron sights, and I won't stand a chance against guys with 2000X scopes.

interested

Sounds like a good time, now if I can only find some new magazines for my GSG-5...

.22 Rimfire Tactical Match

Hello All.

Thanks to all that responded. The match we are looking at doing will be all on paper targets.

It is some what like the match in Southern Cal. Only they shot on some steel, that may be an option if we go forward and do monthly matches in 2009

The ranges will be mostly 50-150 yards with 1 stage up to 200 MAX. It will in 8-10 stages with a MAX of 10 rounds per stage. 1 stage will be off-hand only, others will be prone or sitting. Aprox 90-100 rounds

SCOPES are a MUST.... unless your a GAMER !!!!!!!

As of now any .22 LR is good ( front bags or bi-pods are ok ) Sniper Style NO rear bags or rests. Rear butt must touch the shoulder when firing.

We will be holding a few practices to see the how the whole thing is REALLY going to work.

I want to STRESS this is a fun match where RIMFIRE guys can come and have FUN shooting at long range ( for .22's ).

As things progress with a match date I will send out other info. Please send me your e-mail addresses if you want to be on the list.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Phone 413-426-3166 ( Cell ) If you want to chat about the shoot.

Back
Top Bottom