.22 Caliber Swing Targets

So after going to the store a few months back and realizing how much these things go for, I decided I could make them just as good for a lot less money. So I bought the material, and had the blank swingers laser cut at a local vendor that I have used at my past employer.

I have some time on my hands this week after losing my job last Friday, so with some help I fabbed up a bending jig, and a weld fixture and started making them. The swingers are hand bent using a torch and a clamp. The steel rod is formed in a scratch made bender specifically made for this. We also set up a weld fixture that was scratch made just for this target.

I just have to clean them up, and paint them, I only bought enough for 8. I hope to have better photos and have them up in the classifieds by the weekend sometime.

I have some ideas for a cheap take down rifle swinger that I want to work on next.

The photos are all from a cell phone, I don't want to risk my good camera out in the shop.

IMAG0517.jpg

IMAG0519.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0529.jpg

Nicely done!

In case you're looking for more ideas, my brother made a pretty cool dueling-tree target. Two guys, two guns, 10 shots, whoever has the fewest targets left on his side of the tree wins.

dualing_tree.jpg

Yeah the dueling posts would be pretty fun.

This rain is killing my timeline to paint them. It is just to damp, and i do not have work area that is dry enough yet.

Nice work! Looks like they'll be fun to plink with. I've been thinking about picking some up just to play around with at longer distances

They are about 17 inches wide, and 21 inches tall overall. If you stick it into the ground it will be a little lower. The bottom of the lower swinger is only about 9 inches from the bottom of the stakes.

That rule must make it hard to shoot anything but paper?

I just got my target in the mail today. These are VERY well made. If you haven't already ordered one, I highly recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom