• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 MA Gun Ban: House has engrossed H.4139, waiting on Senate

It’s probably been covered so I know I’ll be roasted for this question but what does this say about ar buildouts if you already have a lower? Just bought a full SOLGW lower yesterday! (Assuming lowers will be grandfathered in prior to the assumed impending passage of this)

It’s probably been covered so I know I’ll be roasted for this question but what does this say about ar buildouts if you already have a lower? Just bought a full SOLGW lower yesterday! (Assuming lowers will be grandfathered in prior to the assumed impending passage of this)
No one knows. One version says anything before August 1st this year. The other says registered prior to July 20 2016.

Nobody knows what will be grandfathered if anything.
Build what you want, you don't have to 'register' the build until you connect the upper and lower- but only you know when you perform that operation.

If the fa10 is a transaction record….
Buy the upper, not a firearm no fa10 required
Buy the lower, not a firearm under MA law, no fa10 required
Later, put them together, no transaction occurs, how is an fa10 required?

Does the law, not the web site, call it a transaction or a gun registration? Last I hear the fed still did not allow a registration database.

If the fa10 is a transaction record….
Buy the upper, not a firearm no fa10 required
Buy the lower, not a firearm under MA law, no fa10 required
Later, put them together, no transaction occurs, how is an fa10 required?

Does the law, not the web site, call it a transaction or a gun registration? Last I hear the fed still did not allow a registration database.

The law uses the term “obtain”. Whether that includes making your own or not is up in the air.

so what happens if you're redflagged in State A, but move to State B, establish residency and buy a gun?
Don't know if I'm right but I'll bite. How I understand it-If the Fed check clears in a constitutional carry state your are good. If a nanny state like MA flags you and you need a license in a tyrannical State you are probably screwed. Best bet is to leave the country, re enter through Texas get a illegal immigration status and you're granted greater rights than a natural born citizen.

Don't know if I'm right but I'll bite. How I understand it-If the Fed check clears in a constitutional carry state your are good. If a nanny state like MA flags you and you need a license in a tyrannical State you are probably screwed. Best bet is to leave the country, re enter through Texas get an illegal immigration status and you're granted greater rights than a natural born citizen.
plus free rent and a gift card or three..

Back
Top Bottom