• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 MA Gun Ban: AR-15 Transfers Allowed After Registration?

That FA10 system is a monster that keeps growing. The major problem with it is that it exists. records are entered but never removed. Over the course of my life, I have owned many vehicles, including motorcycles and one boat. When I sold or traded them, canceled the insurance and surrendered the tag, the RMV took them out of my name. If a car that I sold 12 years ago is used in a crime tomorrow, it will not be my problem. There are guns in that FA10 system that I sold out-of-state back in the 1980s. I do not have records of sales. I keep all records for 7 years, then shred them.
FIFY

The fact that it s*cks at registering transfers is not a problem. Do you realize you are saying the problem is the State has bad data and you want to help them fix it?

You are working against yourself.

#NESstrong

Had the same exact thought. You could even efa10 a stripped lower and NOT build it. (Just pretend to use all the parts from one of your other complete builds). No one is checking. Technically you could have built, efa10’d, immediately stripped.
That was what i was implying when i said if you used your imagination.

FIFY

The fact that it s*cks at registering transfers is not a problem. Do you realize you are saying the problem is the State has bad data and you want to help them fix it?

#NESstrong
I am not going to help the communist bastards fix anything. The only real solution is to scrap the system entirely! It is FUBARed!

FIFY

#NESstrong
But if I can polish the boot just a little bit more it'll get off my neck, right? ...right???

I agree. I think this country is over and done with. We’re in for some really bad times. We will be like Russia pretty soon.
In Russia, you can own a full-auto, and you can own supressors. no tax stamp or any other prohibition. As a matter of fact, the MAJORITY of countries that don't ban private firearm ownership do not restrict "features".

In Russia, you can own a full-auto, and you can own supressors. no tax stamp or any other prohibition. As a matter of fact, the MAJORITY of countries that don't ban private firearm ownership do not restrict "features".
As it is typical with NES, we only get a tiny part of the details. The process to buy and process to own seems to be intense.

I ran a quick search, can't find anything that backs your post.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to see what CT did recently btw. Their new online portal for permit renewal and assault weapons registration. Transfers in CT are mailed in on forms similar to the old FA10. Those are all now digitized and when permit holders log in they can see a list of guns (inaccurate or not) in their name. MA is already one step ahead since they’re digitized already.

There’s no reason to think the new proposed system in MA will be much different. These states cooperate frequently on legislation and the systems underlying.

The original bill gave me the option of removing them (specifically “assault weapons” [sic]) from the state. So was not sure how that will fly with the new bill
They don't have orbital jurisdiction. They'd have to do a dog and pony show to convince a remote court to search your property in their state. They can't do this now for something like an ltc expiration or a suitability only denial so this wouldn't be much different. If their only claim was "we think gun owner posesses a gun there, legal in your state but not in ours" the NH/FL/whatever judge would probably laugh at them or get pissed. If you go down a legal process thought tree it gets insane quickly; most states won't authorize a warrant unless it's a condition which is also reciprocal- example- DV ROs, or serious felony indictments. It would be administratively painful for them overall.

There are other ways they could give it teeth but it would be difficult for them to massage it into a prohibited person grade offense. Not to mention the heat it would draw legally for them in fed courts etc.

They don't have orbital jurisdiction. They'd have to do a dog and pony show to convince a remote court to search your property in their state. They can't do this now for something like an ltc expiration or a suitability only denial so this wouldn't be much different. If their only claim was "we think gun owner posesses a gun there, legal in your state but not in ours" the NH/FL/whatever judge would probably laugh at them or get pissed. If you go down a legal process thought tree it gets insane quickly; most states won't authorize a warrant unless it's a condition which is also reciprocal- example- DV ROs, or serious felony indictments. It would be administratively painful for them overall.

There are other ways they could give it teeth but it would be difficult for them to massage it into a prohibited person grade offense. Not to mention the heat it would draw legally for them in fed courts etc.
The issue is with the ERPOs that the police can initiate - at that point you've been 'adjudicated' too dangerous to be allowed access to firearms being a danger to yourself and others.
And they will know the correct judge to call in the remote state in order to get the seizure order signed.

The issue is with the ERPOs that the police can initiate - at that point you've been 'adjudicated' too dangerous to be allowed access to firearms being a danger to yourself and others.
And they will know the correct judge to call in the remote state in order to get the seizure order signed.
MA state ERPOs don't have teeth like that. They are NOT like 209As which get reciprocity via federal law because Lautenberg. (DV RO = prohibited person) Gun controllers wet dream nationally is to get "Lautenberg 2.0" to make ERPOs orbital but they haven't passed that... (yet).

MA state ERPOs don't have teeth like that. They are NOT like 209As which get reciprocity via federal law because Lautenberg. (DV RO = prohibited person) Gun controllers wet dream nationally is to get "Lautenberg 2.0" to make ERPOs orbital but they haven't passed that... (yet).
That's why I said they would need the right judge to convince - plenty of tyrants in the judiciary

Are you asking if it’s illegal in Mass to possess a gun in Florida?
Kind of, I have a good friend who has a home in Florida but his main residence is in Mass. He moved the majority of his firearms to Florida including those I think are on the Bad List. From what I’ve read it appears he is good to go and no need to register anything as long as they are not in Mass. or maybe I’m wrong.

That's why I said they would need the right judge to convince - plenty of tyrants in the judiciary

True, but this is like a base level thing, so you'd basically have a judge that would be willing to issue an order that is basically illegal. Not to mention most of them take umbrage
about "being told what to do" when a law clearly doesn't apply in their jurisdiction. Remember at that one level its not about what the subject matter is anymore, the idea of orbital jurisdiction where the law doesn't provide for it, will cause most judges to twitch a little bit in a "you're tying up our resources with this?" kind of way.

Kind of, I have a good friend who has a home in Florida but his main residence is in Mass. He moved the majority of his firearms to Florida including those I think are on the Bad List. From what I’ve read it appears he is good to go and no need to register anything as long as they are not in Mass. or maybe I’m wrong.
Nothing out of state needs to be registered in Mass now or in the future.

True, but this is like a base level thing, so you'd basically have a judge that would be willing to issue an order that is basically illegal. Not to mention most of them take umbrage
about "being told what to do" when a law clearly doesn't apply in their jurisdiction. Remember at that one level its not about what the subject matter is anymore, the idea of orbital jurisdiction where the law doesn't provide for it, will cause most judges to twitch a little bit in a "you're tying up our resources with this?" kind of way.
Argument would be
We need to grab this Massachusetts registered gun that this guy moved to your state to avoid turning in because we say he is dangerous - you can help us or we can blame you if he does something. Oh by the way we are going for F' him so hard and long he's going to go crazy and do something before we're finished.
The request will be worded that the guns moved out of state are wanted as evidence against the guy since they are proof that he has guns that he isn't turning in even though a judge ordered him to turn in all firearms that he owns or possesses.
Most judges will likely ignore it but once they find one to allow it, that's the one that will get the rest of the orders

Do any russians GAS what is actually legal?
I thought they did whatever they wanted and bribed their way out if caught.
I can't speak for life in Russia. But 40Creed wrote that full auto are LEGAL in Russia. When I search online, I see nothing about full auto being legal to own. But I did find a bunch of weird stuff, like you first have to own a shotgun for 5 years before you can buy a rifle, inspection of storage, needing a doctor note, having tos tore handguns at the club ... and all sorts of weird sh*t that would make MA politicians get a raging hard on.

His entire post is completely wrong.

Argument would be

The request will be worded that the guns moved out of state are wanted as evidence against the guy since they are proof that he has guns that he isn't turning in even though a judge ordered him to turn in all firearms that he owns or possesses.
Most judges will likely ignore it but once they find one to allow it, that's the one that will get the rest of the orders

Still doubt- most judges, even libtard activist ones, aren't going to paint a big target on their back like that, for the sake of virtue signaling. A judge who proceeds to do such a thing is incontrovertibly acting outside the scope of the law.

I don’t know Florida laws, can you possess guns there without being a resident? If you’re a resident of Florida do you have to do the change of residency thing in Mass? I’m sure there’s a thread for this.

I don’t know Florida laws, can you possess guns there without being a resident? If you’re a resident of Florida do you have to do the change of residency thing in Mass? I’m sure there’s a thread for this.
I can say that they don't care at all - picked up one of my dad's guns that was secured at his death - sheriff handed the gun over and told me if I wanted the ammo I'd have to drop the gun in my rental and come back in the office to grab it
Not worth it for a handful of 38s.

He’s a resident of Mass but lives part time in Fla. I figured he was good to go since I use to do it with Mass and Maine.

Right, the real men ran away from Mass. 😂
Until they beat their chest and try to pretend that they're going to do something that they're not going to do, so what? Besides, there are a hell of a lot more reasons to leave MA than 2A issues.

As far as I can tell, in Russia you do not have the right to own a firearm. You may be able to purchase one if you obtain a mental health certificate from a doctor and then get a permit from the government to own firearms. You need a valid reason for the license such as hunting, sporting, or personal protection. You also cannot own fully automatic weapons, or rifles with barrels less than 20" long. You can only own 5 of these firearms, and you cannot have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. There are other regulations, but I feel that this is enough to show that Russian firearm ownership is under far more regulation than it is in the United States. Unless you count places like MA as part of the United States still.

I would question your source when you state that the MAJORITY of countries that don't ban private firearm do not restrict "features", if you are including features such as automatic fire. But if you are referring to the places, particularly in Europe, where some countries allow strictly regulated firearm ownership but also allow suppressors, you are correct about that.

Source:

Back
Top Bottom