• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 MA Gun Ban: AR-15 Transfers Allowed After Registration?

Reptile

NES Member
Under the pending law - once a AR-15 is registered - can it be transferred?

A little problem developed in CT.

Nobody registered back in 2013.

CT law now required registration for amnesty. If you try to register the guns from back in 2013 - you are committing a felony.

What is the best plan of action for Massachusetts gun owners to avoid that mistake?

I think since folks are worried about eventual confiscation after registration that they will hedge their bets and keep some AR's off the books.

Folks who registered right after Hughes’ amendment and their machine guns became transferable and the value skyrocketed overnight. I don’t think registering after MA ban will have the similar effect because it’ll just be a Maura ban redux, and you have way too many free states and a much bigger firearms market outside MA for the ban to create too much market distortion.

Have you sold your Noveske lower yet?

With the number of cases moving through the circuits after having been GVR'd after Bruen, we will see relief on AWB and mag limits within 2-3 years.
If SCOTUS flips and doesn't enforce the 2a pillars (Hller, McDonald, Cataenoand Bruen), it will be time to water the tree one again as the constitution will have been left behind in tyranny.

I think since folks are worried about eventual confiscation after registration that they will hedge their bets and keep some AR's off the books.
Registration is a necessary prerequisite to confiscation. No question about that. And let's all remember what the Demanding Mom's said when the Anti-2A Gun Bill From Hell passed the House vote: "It's a good first step"! :oops: What??? o_O A good first step toward what? :mad:

We all know the answer to that question is confiscation... a.k.a., "Safe Surrender"! Not a question of "if"... just a matter of "when." 😖

That is, unless SCOTUS steps in and chooses to save us in time. :confused: Crazy "damned if you do & damned if you don't" situation for sure. 🤔

Last edited:
With the number of cases moving through the circuits after having been GVR'd after Bruen, we will see relief on AWB and mag limits within 2-3 years.
Hopefully sooner.........

If SCOTUS flips and doesn't enforce the 2a pillars (Hller, McDonald, Cataenoand Bruen), it will be time to water the tree one again as the constitution will have been left behind in tyranny.
When SCOTUS flips. Unless this country regains some sanity, at some point (hopefully waaaay in the future), the lefties will find a way to get judicial control. When that happens, they will rush their agenda through the courts to overturn all thats been accomplished for preserving the 2A (and all the other lunacy they can). At that point, we'll see how much "water" is left in the liberty bucket. 😞

I'm hoping an invoice would be good enough to prove I had a lower before the ban.

Right now, you can't eFA10 a stripped lower.

If they expect people to register lowers - a website needs to be created to collect all this data.

Then after the ban, you'll have to register the complete rifle - but specify that it was from a lower that was owned before the ban.

Tread carefully.

If you are ever caught with an unregistered AR you'll lose everything. LTC, gun rights, and all your guns.

If you choose to register before the ban...

You'll be on a public database and targeted for burglary.

The state will likely eventually confiscate.

Having an unregistered AR that only sits in your safe never to see the light of day is not much fun

I'm hoping an invoice would be good enough to prove I had a lower before the ban.

If they expect people to register lowers - a website needs to be created to collect all this data.

Then after the ban, you'll have to register the complete rifle - but specify that it was from a lower that was owned before the ban.

Tread carefully.

If you are ever caught with an unregistered AR you'll lose everything. LTC, gun rights, and all your guns.

Having an unregistered AR that only sits in your safe never to see the light of day is not much fun
51ga50.jpg

... which is exactly what the Anti-2A Gun Bill From Hell does. 🤔
Fine, I register them but keep them out of state.

That way when I get raided they wont get them and I wont have to say where they are since I can legally store them out of state.

Not to mention about 30 lowers that are buried in the ground in 4 different states.

Under the pending law - once a AR-15 is registered - can it be transferred?

A little problem developed in CT.

Nobody registered back in 2013.

CT law now required registration for amnesty. If you try to register the guns from back in 2013 - you are committing a felony.

What is the best plan of action for Massachusetts gun owners to avoid that mistake?

View: https://youtu.be/rQ9qsXu34SM?si=AuK3kOJdeOMYg8U3

Tread carefully.

I'm having a hard time understanding why people even care about what the state thinks anymore.... especially after what happened in 2016, where they basically just threw any example of due process right out the window what makes you think that they're going to give you a dog treat and a pat on the head for registering your gun or playing nice anymore? 🤣

I'm having a hard time understanding why people even care about what the state thinks anymore.... especially after what happened in 2016, where they basically just threw any example of due process right out the window what makes you think that they're going to give you a dog treat and a pat on the head for registering your gun or playing nice anymore? 🤣
It could keep me out of jail.

I could register a couple guns and keep the rest secret until the next Civil War.

If I get caught with an unregistered gun - I'll lose my LTC.

Are you going to start a collection for my legal fees?

My off site and registered legal AR had a eFA10 upon purchase - so they know about it anyway.

I can take that gun to the range and not worry or use it for home defense and not worry.

The rest of my stash I'll keep buried.

To efa10 your rifle, all you need is serial number, barrel length, color and caliber. Not sure why you can not build your rifle, efa10 it, then strip it down. I know of no law that says you can not change the barrel, or color of your rifle or keep it whole. I bet you could build that rifle, efa10 it and strip it down in under an hour. Possibly even faster if you used your imagination

You live in MA. You and all of the other brave patriots over there haven’t done anything about the the tyranny in MA, and you want us to believe you’re going to be watering the liberty tree if SCOTUS doesn’t uphold previous rulings at the federal level? Thanks for the laugh.

You live in MA. You and all of the other brave patriots over there haven’t done anything about the the tyranny in MA, and you want us to believe you’re going to be watering the liberty tree if SCOTUS doesn’t uphold previous rulings at the federal level? Thanks for the laugh.
SCOTUS effects us all
If it is flipped you will see a nationwide AWB followed by a Canadian model disarminanent program within 10 years.
And I'd say the couple of thousand active pro2a advocates have actually done a lot in Mass. Just not enough to do more than slow the losses to a crawl.

Do SBR tax stamps count towards registration?
Yes but SBRs have bad case law showing them to be outside the protection of the 2nd amendment.
Remember Miller was argued by one side before an activist court that should have mooted the case because of a dead/missing respondent

Yes but SBRs have bad case law showing them to be outside the protection of the 2nd amendment.
Remember Miller was argued by one side before an activist court that should have mooted the case because of a dead/missing respondent
This is true.

But it also inserts the idea of fitness for military service, which a short barreled AR-pattern rifle undeniably is in the 21st century.

Back
Top Bottom