2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

You guys going to be sitting in stands this Sat. or are you going to be walking around to keep a little bit warm at least? I was going to sit in my ladder stand but I was painfully cold a few hours in when I sat first week of shotgun and it was in the mid 30's. I think I'll be on the ground this weekend.

You guys going to be sitting in stands this Sat. or are you going to be walking around to keep a little bit warm at least? I was going to sit in my ladder stand but I was painfully cold a few hours in when I sat first week of shotgun and it was in the mid 30's. I think I'll be on the ground this weekend.

Ill be on the move

Looks like it'll be blowing hard Friday night, so hopefully some daytime movement will be going on early in the day before the snowfall becomes heavy. This waxing moon and still nights have brought a lot of nighttime activity near me, not so much during the day. I'm going to be in the stand for one last try with the shotgun.

Looks like it'll be blowing hard Friday night, so hopefully some daytime movement will be going on early in the day before the snowfall becomes heavy. This waxing moon and still nights have brought a lot of nighttime activity near me, not so much during the day. I'm going to be in the stand for one last try with the shotgun.
Yeah, it was dead out here this morning. Was out really early and didn't hear/see squat the entire time. Unfortunately, it was my last day of the season. Definitely gonna roll some coyotes in January, though!

i can't wait ten years to put food on the table. the woman will be ashamed of my manliness.

now i'm REALLY pissed i didn't get a shot at that one buck i saw.

So at the beginning of shotgun season I posted about a 6 pointer chasing some does around with his nose up their ass. Well the does will be relieved he won't bothering them anymore. Nor will he be down for breakfast. I think this is it for my season. I've got a couple more tags, but its looking to be too cold tomorrow and I don't have a muzzle loader. I could bring my bow back out but I already consider myself pretty fortunate. Rookie year and landing 2 bucks. I really couldn't ask for more. I hope his ass doesn't freeze solid in my garage. Sunday is going to be warmer. I plan on cutting him up then.

IMAG0045.jpg
IMAG0047.jpg
IMAG0046.jpg

So at the beginning of shotgun season I posted about a 6 pointer chasing some does around with his nose up their ass. Well the does will be relieved he won't bothering them anymore. Nor will he be down for breakfast. I think this is it for my season. I've got a couple more tags, but its looking to be too cold tomorrow and I don't have a muzzle loader. I could bring my bow back out but I already consider myself pretty fortunate. Rookie year and landing 2 bucks. I really couldn't ask for more. I hope his ass doesn't freeze solid in my garage. Sunday is going to be warmer. I plan on cutting him up then.

Nice job, and great 1st year! Congrats [cheers]

Congrats Preban! You have had a great season for anybody hunting public land never mind the fact its your first

45 mins ago
nada8u7u.jpg

Nice. Nothing like hunting in the snow.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Watched this little guy for 45 mins. I've seen his mother and father (10+ point) during bow season but out of range for bow at the time. Seems like they were definitely out today.

1493151_10101738176083082_1191040388_n.jpg

Last edited:
With a bow during shotgun season no less. Thats sweet dude.

Congrats on your 2 deer this year as well, nice first season!!! This property is bow only and holds some deer, not tons. There are 2 bruisers I have on camera but just haven't seen in person even though I spent a lot of time trying. Today was likely my last hunt of the year as I am heading out of country (Canada) for the holidays on Friday next week so I certainly wasn't going to let him walk. I am a meat hunter, especially with a bow and he will eat great :)

11 yard double lung. 70 yard tracking job in the snow, definitely not a hard one ;-) Loaded in the bed of the truck before the end of legal shooting. For a last hunt of the year I'd call it a huge success :)

Congrats to all! I'm so jealous I'm already looking forward to next season (not to mention I'll be in PA a lot next year, so maybe I can bring down a monster!)

Congrats to PBM and BDB!

If it does not snow a lot this weekend and it warms up a bit I may try one or two more days this year but in reality I am already thinking of next year. Maybe spend about 3 weeks in Indiana and stay in Mass since I ate to many tags from NH this year and did not get up there enough to warrant spending the money on gun and bow tags.

Not an eventful hunt today. Man was is hard to be quiet out there too.....crunchy and noisy as hell every step I took. I'll be back out monday.

Had 11 doe/young buck come between Spangler and myself with just one doe tag to use. He nailed the biggest one. Lung and spine. Dropped where she stood. It was cold but they were out.

Back
Top Bottom