2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

yeah I'm still stoked about the hunt, I was desperately searching for that deer for hours trying to stay positive.
I'm about to drop a bunch of $$$ to get it mounted, & am gonna see what getting the coyote mounted w Buck would cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Saw a 6 pointer chasing does. Caught me off guard right after I got the gun into the stand. I had
literally just got there. I was fumbling for shells as they went by at about 30 yards and off. He chased them back a bit later but no shot presented itself.

Great season for those who put the time in. Congrats.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

yeah I'm still stoked about the hunt, I was desperately searching for that deer for hours trying to stay positive.
I'm about to drop a bunch of $$$ to get it mounted, & am gonna see what getting the coyote mounted w Buck would cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Whatever the cost, if you can afford it, I would do it. That sounds like a once in a lifetime experience.

Out again this morning... not bad considering it turned rainy around 745. Unlike yesterday when I didn't see/hear a thing, this morning I caught a few glimpses of a deer from about 100 yards. No idea whether buck or doe, glimpses were only fleeting. I bleated at it a couple times and got no reaction or movement out of it, so I'm assuming it was a doe. As this is my first season hunting in New England, I'll say I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't run into any total DBs out there... encountered 4 people over 2 days and they've all provided some great info. Granted, I met them all on a trail and I wasn't already sitting in their favorite spot/walking under their stand or some other stupid crap lol

As this is my first season hunting in New England, I'll say I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't run into any total DBs out there...

I was saying the same thing until confronted by the king of all royal DB's Monday morning who apparently believes he owns an entire marsh. He threatened take a front end loader and tip our trucks over into the woods if he ever saw them parked near his marsh again. [laugh]

I was saying the same thing until confronted by the king of all royal DB's Monday morning who apparently believes he owns an entire marsh. He threatened take a front end loader and tip our trucks over into the woods if he ever saw them parked near his marsh again. [laugh]

lol... well I'm sure there is plenty of time left in the season to completely jinx myself. Sounds like you ran into Shrek.

Hope you told him to bite a big one!

Here's a good encounter story my brother had yesterday. First, some background on the location, it's public land and my brother and I have been hunting it for about 3 years along with 2-3 other hunters that have been hunting it much longer than us,for 20 plus years. We have met these other hunters on a few occasions and introduced ourselves, let them know where our stands are and the usual chit chat each time we see each other. They are very nice guys, very good hunters and respectful.
My bother and I have been hunting it since bow season opened, I shot a buck there a few weeks after the season opened, and saw multiple other bucks on other sits in the stand since. My brother has had a multitude of sits with far fewer sightings. One of the other hunters was there when I shot my buck and actually offered to help me drag it out! So to paint the picture, its a small tract of land with a handful of guys with permanent stands that all know and respect each other.
my brother pulls up to the spot yesterday to do an afternoon hunt to find a quadcab truck loaded with shotgun deer hunters. My brother parks, gets his gear together and this is how it goes:

brother: hey guys, where will you be hunting so we aren't on top of each other?

orange army: we're hunting this entire area, we're doing a drive and there's 3 more guys at the other end, so do what you gotta do pal!

brother: well, I will "do what I have to do" I just don't want to be in the line of fire. Out of curiousity, when did you guys start hunting here, because I haven't seen you or vehicle here before?

orange army: today, we just heard about this spot!

My brother leaves it at that and crosses the road to hunt a lesser known spot. During his sit, he hears dogs barking (illegal to drive deer with dogs) from the hunting area where the guys are driving.

So darkness comes, no shots and the orange army is gone when my brother gets back to his truck. He meets one of the other long-time hunters of the area that he knows, asked him if he saw the deer drive going on? He said "ohhh yeah, one guy was barking like a dog, walki-talkies squeelching, one guy who was lost, the other too close to the road, should I go on??".

Unfortunately, this is the crap I've encountered all season long and it gets even worse when it comes to duck and goose hunts. It seems to be a weekly thing meeting guys in the field with zero respect towards other hunters and no hunting ethics what so ever. I've experienced this recent up-tick in complete idiots afield over the last 3 seasons and its getting worse.

It's only my opinion, but I think hunting is one sport where "how its done" is more important than 'how much you bag".

Last edited:
Hope you told him to bite a big one!

In so many words, yes. But I don't think we're going to bother going back to that particular spot on the marsh. There's plenty of other great hunting spots in the several towns we cover. Part of me says "f*ck it. Go back there Saturday morning and be ready to throw fists", another part says "Let the a$$hole have his spot. It's not worth getting into some shit and possibly legal action over it." I don't know. My pride and my brain are arguing.

It's only my opinion, but I think hunting is one sport where "how its done" is more important than 'how much you bag".

I share that opinion 100%. I enjoy my time in the outdoors regardless. If I come home with food that I didn't buy at a store, BONUS.

There's several places my friends and I hunt that are pretty hard to get to. When the orange masses are out in full force two days from now, betcher ass we'll be going to those places that no other hunters could be bothered to trek to.

When the orange masses are out in full force two days from now, betcher ass we'll be going to those places that no other hunters could be bothered to trek to.

This is why I am glad I work on weekends, lol. I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off and took vacation tomorrow, so I've only run into a few people (which is good.) Actually ran into a couple more decent guys this afternoon. I jumped a deer, kept walking, and about 20 minutes later these guys come walking out. They asked if I saw anything and I was like, "yeah... kinda. I jumped SOMETHING about 20 minutes ago." They started laughing and replied, "yeah, it almost ran into us!" One of them was saying how he was standing there with his jacket off because he was trying to take off a layer when this deer came running toward them. I would have appreciated jumping that deer had they taken it... at least SOMEONE would benefit from me making noise. lol

Was out yesterday w/ my father in law. Found a couple good spots for us to park it when i've seen a ton of sign lately....not 30 min in i see two brown flashes trotting through the woods headed right towards us. Grabbed my shotgun, but didn't ready it because what i saw was unconfirmed. Then I see a big flash of orange about 30 yards behind the browns, following. Turns out to be a guy walking his two BOXERS (you know how closely their coats resemble a friggin deers!?!?!). I grabbed my F-I-L and got out of there asap.

Was out yesterday w/ my father in law. Found a couple good spots for us to park it when i've seen a ton of sign lately....not 30 min in i see two brown flashes trotting through the woods headed right towards us. Grabbed my shotgun, but didn't ready it because what i saw was unconfirmed. Then I see a big flash of orange about 30 yards behind the browns, following. Turns out to be a guy walking his two BOXERS (you know how closely their coats resemble a friggin deers!?!?!). I grabbed my F-I-L and got out of there asap.

That's ridiculous. That guy is lucky a responsible person like yourself was the one holding the gun and not some trigger-happy jackhole. Why on earth wouldn't you put an orange jacket or something on those dogs? Obviously he knew it was hunting season since he himself had orange on.

double

I have not had much time to hunt in the last few weeks. I let a 4 pointer walk last night. I got both of theses guys this morn. Less then 5 min after shooting this buck I had a coyote come in .
1501069_10201969644417122_14432271_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

8pt NH

Been chasing this guy for a few years and should of popped him 3 weeks ago but I screwed up. His turn to screw up happened Friday morning...

Nice buck.

The tongue always bothers me when sticking out. I jam it back in before they stiffen up. But that's just me.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Back
Top Bottom