2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

forecast for tomorrow in my area: Sunny with gusty winds. High around 30F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. guess ill be riding the tree. Only get to hunt saturdays and holidays this year. Never really had any luck in the wind but hoping the storm today will have them moving. must question is what do you guys think is to windy to hunt?

tomorrow is going to suck, the only thing that could save your day tomorrow is every ******* on planet earth will be out hunting, pushing the deer.

tomorrow is going to suck, the only thing that could save your day tomorrow is every ******* on planet earth will be out hunting, pushing the deer.

ya tomorrow is shaping up to be stupid early on. I'm holding my shotgun CT trip till Friday. Only 3 days left of archery here in MA so ill ride a tree tomorrow for the hell of it.

Are you guys still using your estrus scents and can calls? There's some conflicting opinions on whether the rut is still on or not. Last couple times out I haven't seen anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys still using your estrus scents and can calls? There's some conflicting opinions on whether the rut is still on or not. Last couple times out I haven't seen anything.

Not using anything at this time, I believe that time has passed.

OK, I had to double check the end of archery season but it does go until the end of deer season.

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/df...ain-lang-sum/hunting-and-tagging-of-deer.html

(b) during the shotgun deer season, a hunter may use a shotgun not larger than 10 gauge (including a shotgun with a rifled barrel); a muzzle-loading firearm (either rifled or smoothbore), fired from the shoulder, .44-.775 caliber; or archery (as provided below). NOTE: a person using archery or a primitive firearm during the shotgun season must abide by all the shotgun season requirements, including the wearing of "hunter orange" (see below);

(d) during the primitive firearms season, a person may use only a primitive firearm as described below except that archers may also hunt during the primitive firearms season, using archery equipment as in (c) above.

Last edited:
Archery season goes until the end of deer season It does not end in 3 days.

Technicaly it does end in 3 days. I will be hunting with my shotgun come next week then on to black powder so... Also, if you wish to hunt through the season only using a bow u need to buy a primitive stamp to hunt muzzle loader with a bow no?

Technicaly it does end in 3 days. I will be hunting with my shotgun come next week then on to black powder so... Also, if you wish to hunt through the season only using a bow u need to buy a primitive stamp to hunt muzzle loader with a bow no?

Correct, you would have to buy the stamp. And yes, I guess according to the state is does end in 3 days but you can hunt until the end of the season with the stamp, which I think is only a few bucks. Have to love the way they right this stuff huh [smile].

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Correct, you would have to buy the stamp. And yes, I guess according to the state is does end in 3 days but you can hunt until the end of the season with the stamp, which I think is only a few bucks. Have to love the way they right this stuff huh [smile].

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

I know its silly. Same to you and your family.

So happy I decided to go out this afternoon! I climbed up the tree, hung up my bow, looked down, and there were two does 20 yards from me. Somehow we walked in without noticing each other. I put an arrow in the largest one and dropped it on the spot. My total hunt plus recovery was about 15 minutes. Now I can focus on a buck I've been after.

So happy I decided to go out this afternoon! I climbed up the tree, hung up my bow, looked down, and there were two does 20 yards from me. Somehow we walked in without noticing each other. I put an arrow in the largest one and dropped it on the spot. My total hunt plus recovery was about 15 minutes. Now I can focus on a buck I've been after.

Congrats. Way to stick it out in crap weather

Congrats!

That is the amount of time I would like to go out for.

I have it hanging outside. Temperature is good but I'm a little worried about the rain on it. Anyone have experience hanging one when it's raining/sleeting?

I got a buck with 2" nubs run into a can call on Monday. let him go since I already used my permit. Still active.

I have it hanging outside. Temperature is good but I'm a little worried about the rain on it. Anyone have experience hanging one when it's raining/sleeting?

I'm no meat expert but I would try to cover it with a game bag or tarp or move it under cover. Trying to keep it dry and below 40 is my goal. I forgot who but we do have an experienced butcher here so maybe they can help. Congrats on the doe! Hope you get that buck. I've got a buck that comes to 60yds, eats, poops, pees and walks away. He will get it before new yrs.

as long as its covered you should be fine...and keeping it under 40 degrees is best to keep bacteria from rotting the meat.

Anythjng the rut is still on. With these cold fronts there will be another late rut phase. I find that a can call works pretty well all season. It really peaks their curiosity.

I went out, didn't see a thing. Real windy to the point I was questioning how smart it was to be strapped to a tree 20 feet in the air. Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Gobble gobble, what?
Epic day for me in the woods today. This is my biggest deer ever, 10 points and I'm going to weigh him in tomorrow. We are guessing close to 200lbs dressed. He chased away the 2 doe that decided to bed down 15 yards from my stand in some thick pines, he was grunting like I never heard before.

IMG_20131128_161400_627_zps058b5758.jpg

Gobble gobble, what?
Epic day for me in the woods today. This is my biggest deer ever, 10 points and I'm going to weigh him in tomorrow. We are guessing close to 200lbs dressed. He chased away the 2 doe that decided to bed down 15 yards from my stand in some thick pines, he was grunting like I never heard before.

We have a winner!!!

Gobble gobble, what?

NICE

Gobble gobble, what?

Whoa big boy....

Nice buck my friend. Was this near home? (Wink)

Looks like he was a fighter.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Thanks everyone!!
And yes, this was near home, club deer it is. ;) And yes, must have been a scrapper with the damage done to those antlers. One brow and G3 busted right off.

Male deer are like male humans. We find the female of the species, snort and dance and make a general fuss to win them over, and then pay with our lives for it.

:)

Back
Top Bottom