2010 NRA Ballot - How is Jaoquin Jackson Still on the Board?

How the F did that guy get on the NRA board in the first place?

Thanks for bringing this up. In past years I haven't paid much attention to NRA elections, but I'll be voting this year and will start paying better attention.

The NRA elections are legitimately run, but the "nominating committee" process has a profound influence on who wins a seat. If you are not endorsed by the nominating committee, the recommendations of which a very large number of members follow, you have virtually no chance of winning - even if you have devoted you life to the gun rights cause (think Mike Yacino).

This individual was endorsed by the nominating committee, which answers the question posed. I don't know if he has the Nominating Committee endorsement this time around.

Last edited:
He's one of the reasons I refused to join the NRA for a long time. My gun club requires NRA membership, so I joined, reluctantly. I'd much rather they require GOAL membership (I'm working on it... but most of the members are FUDDS. You should see the looks I get when I drag the AR out and throw a bunch of pre-ban 30's on the table. You'd think I just raped their sister)

He's one of the reasons I refused to join the NRA for a long time. My gun club requires NRA membership, so I joined, reluctantly. I'd much rather they require GOAL membership (I'm working on it... but most of the members are FUDDS. You should see the looks I get when I drag the AR out and throw a bunch of pre-ban 30's on the table. You'd think I just raped their sister)

And you PAY to shoot there? You must enjoy conflict. Try Harvard or someplace else more friendly than wherever you go.

And you PAY to shoot there? You must enjoy conflict. Try Harvard or someplace else more friendly than wherever you go.

It's 5 minutes from my home. Harvard is an hour and a half. I'll put up with the conflict. And, if lucky, I'll change some minds in the process. There are already a bunch of "kids" that come around when I pull the AR out.

wow! great video......what an a**h***!! I was just looking at my ballot today....it goes in Mondays mail, his name won't be checked off.

And Rob, you're absolutely right, the Nominating Committee, sways the election considerably. This is why Neal Knox and others tried to dissolve the Nominating Board years ago, and in turn were ousted themselves.

Thanks for bringing this up. In past years I haven't paid much attention to NRA elections, but I'll be voting this year and will start paying better attention.

wow! great video......what an a**h***!! I was just looking at my ballot today....it goes in Mondays mail, his name won't be checked off.

And Rob, you're absolutely right, the Nominating Committee, sways the election considerably. This is why Neal Knox and others tried to dissolve the Nominating Board years ago, and in turn were ousted themselves.

Thanks. Don't vote for this clown. There's a few others that have FUDD written all over them. But this guy takes the cake.

Normally Joaquin Jackson and Larry Craig would have made the shoo-in list, but Senator Craig’s highly publicized personal issues and Ranger Jackson’s televised comments suggesting that “assault rifles” should be restricted to 5 round capacity place their reelection in doubt.

If they are recommended by the nominating committee, their election is all but assured.

I will be putting in for life membership shortly - you can bet my vote will go against this guy. What a moron. He believes that the 2nd amendment protects all of the other ones? Yet he believes that civilians should be restricted to 5 shot rifles - and "assault weapons" should be restricted to police and the military? How exactly does he think that Constitution would be defended by civilians with 5 shot rifles - who would most likely be going up against police and military armed with assault rifles ? By magic?

If they are recommended by the nominating committee, their election is all but assured.

As I understand it, the Nominating Committee nominated 30 individuals. Jaoquin "5-round" Jackson is one of them. NRA voting members make 25 "votes" and/or write-in nominations. Therefore, the other five are left out in the cold. So, Jackson could be bounced off the board.

I just upgraded to life last week (thanks again Dick!) but I haven't seen a ballot come in the mail. Just wondering if other recent life members received one or if I upgraded too late...

I just upgraded to life last week (thanks again Dick!) but I haven't seen a ballot come in the mail. Just wondering if other recent life members received one or if I upgraded too late...

It came in the March 2010 American Rifleman (and probably other NRA mags also). Have you been an annual member for five years? If not, you might have to call to see if you can get a ballot.

One way to make your choice stronger is to vote only for the people you want to elect. Don't vote for the maximum number of candidates that you can, just the ones you want elected. I usually only vote for about half of the ones up for election.

It's not the FUDD in him,it's the former LEO part that formed his beliefs.

And you know this because?

I personally know at least half a dozen if not more LEOs in this commonwealth (to include one COP) who are very strongly pro-2A for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom