• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2008 USPSA Area 7 Championship, June 7 & 8, Harvard Sportsmen's Club.

One issue about classification - You must be a USPSA member at the start of the match to enter. Some persons showed us as expired in our database, however, we are checking with USPSA HQ to see who renewed since the May 10 update (the version from which we got our database). While we encourage those of you who expired to rejoin, rule 6.4.1 is clear - we cannot grant a grace period or retroactively cause you to "have been a member" at the start of the match and, as such, we will not be able to put your classification in the results.

Pete - sorry to hear that your are jobless - Ya think you could get a job in the Shooting industry so we can get discounts [smile]

I actually have a job lined up that I start on Monday.... I was offered 2 jobs in the firearms industry but there wasn't enough pay. I really wanted to take one of them too...

It is nice having the week off though.

Pete

I’m really happy that folks enjoyed the match and it’s great to see everyone talking about how they shot and how they finished. 180 shooters in three days. But now it’s time for me to put-in a quick word of thanks to the army of competitors who sacrificed their best performances so that the match could come together. There were a huge number of guys and gals who realized that giving back into the game is critical to keeping it alive. You just plain cannot run the match and shoot the way you normally can shoot. It’s barely possible to list them all, but quite a few of them are regular NEShooters contributors.

Pistol Pete, Kimmie1911, 10mmdave, Ipscdrl, Pyano, Maineshootah, Ariel, and a bunch of others shot in cold, wet conditions on Friday and then worked for two straight days of scorching 90 degree heat.

Supermoto, Scottb, and 38supermatt were blast-fired in the vortex of Hell at Stage 7 for a grueling 8 hour day, and then tried to recover in time to shoot on Sunday, when PMD and Ethan were doing their own penance in the vortex all day. GTOshooter spent Saturday at his own personal hell on Stage 9 and still went down to the vortex to lend support when he could.

And Rob Boudrie, well … he just did it all.

You had to see the burned, haggard faces on these guys as they worked to keep the match moving smoothly and professionally in the sweltering conditions. Please thank them when you see them. If not for their sacrifice, who knows where they might have finished.

+1 to that Dan. The sport doesn't work without people you and all that helped. The more that help the better it is for everyone.

If I don't get to see everyone that helped at this match- a huge thanks to you!

People who haven't been to a major match really don't comprehend just how much serious work they are to stage; not just the actual shooting, but all the stage design, construction and maintenance, registration, prizes, etc. These all require a LOT of effort by many dedicated people and my hat is off to each and every one of them.

Of course, on this thread pretty much everyone HAS been to (many) such matches and quite a few here are among those who make the matches happen. Those who just dropped into this forum and/or swung by a match to watch may not grasp the totality of the operation.

To RO and compete is, as noted, not just an effort but, often, a sacrifice of one's own performance. Congrats to IPSC_DRL for not only helping construct Stage 2, but RO'ing and then pulling a win in his class!

(snip) Congrats to IPSC_DRL for not only helping construct Stage 2, but RO'ing and then pulling a win in his class!

Thanks, but that was a mistake. I have informed the match director to make the correction.

Congratulations actually go to Ariel for the Division (not class) win.

No, I was top Single Stack Division shooter regardless of class.
However reading something today made me re-check the rules and I discovered that I had not met the requirements of my delcared division.
I immediately contacted the match director and asked him to move my scores to the Open Division as per rule 6.2.5.1
I sincerely regret my oversight.

Ariel deserves the credit for winning the Division.

Single Stack allows magwells but it must fit the "box". It would be hard to find one that would make your gun not fit that box though.

I saw a guy at A8 being told he was going from Production to Open because he had a little piece of grip tape on the underside of his trigger guard.

Yes, Appendix E4 shows you exactly where you can and can't put tape. You should really read the rule book and NROI rulings sometime.

Your link has absolutely NOTHING to do with tape of any sort, in any location.

And I knew some time ago that the Sight Tracker was UPSPA approved, possibly even before you did. In fact, I included that in my documentation when I got the Sight Tracker and Open guns on the AFR.

My point is that well meaning competitors can be completely in the dark about certain rules and get put in open or worse at big matches. It is meant as a heads-up for those that invest a lot in these events. Know your gear, know the rules! For instance, people that hadn’t gauged their magazines ran the risk of having their scores not counted at all. That is what happens when mags exceed the open limit of 171mm. That happened last year a couple times. That would suck. Pointing out that only 5” SightTrackers being Limited legal, and 6” models currently Limited illegal, is just an example of how that can happen to even the most studious of our group (not to mention wicked funny).

AH! I see your point.

And they were checking mag length at the A7 last week. As I recall, that's standard practice at the area matches, as it was at the AWARE series.

Back
Top Bottom