• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2008 USPSA Area 7 Championship, June 7 & 8, Harvard Sportsmen's Club.

Well, we're two months away from the match and it is indeed full-up for the paying Saturday and Sunday slots.

But, BUT, BUT ... We always need help to staff the ranges throughout the weekend. And the staff shoots for free on Friday. You need not be certified or an experienced RO or anything else. In addition to Range Officers, we need people to help in many different roles such as scoring and range repair. You do need to be a USPSA member to shoot the match. And you gotta like having fun at the range.

Just zip me a note and we'll get you into the Friday Staff shoot.

Dan,

Scott, Matt, and I will be driving up to work a stage on Saturday.

I highly recommend not only shooting the match but working it as well. I worked my first major match at the Sectional last year and it was a lot of fun. Want to get some experience on fast forward? Come down and hang out for a day lending a hand. It helps a ton learning the scoring, rules, and ways to shoot (or not shoot) a stage.

You really only need to be a good listener and a willing helper because there is plently of experience down there to go around. Harvard utilizes cutting edge Palm pilot scoring that is a breeze to use. If you can navigate your way to the forum, you can score on the Palm.

See you there!

Steve

Hi Guys, I have a problem I hope one of you fine shooters out there could help me with.
It has come to my attention my Nephew is Christening his new baby on Sunday the 8th of June, which happens to be my wedding anniversary and the the day I shoot the Area 7. I was wondering if some one could swap days with me so I can shoot on Saturday instead of Sunday. Thanks in advance, John

Does anyone know if the stages will be posted prior to the match? I really liked getting a look at them a week or two ahead of time so I knew what to expect.

-Cuz.

Stages are posted at http://www.harvardactionshooters.com/
The PDF didn't work for me but the DOC did.

Thanks. The PDF worked for me. I've found sometimes that you can't rename it when you go to download or it doesn't work. Not sure if that's what you tried to do, but if you just accept the default it should work. I wonder when they went up? I thought I checked a few days ago and they weren't there.

-Cuz.

The match starts tomorrow.

For staff at least. the stages have come together nicely from what I saw last evening. I'll be helping on "What's up sport?" so stop by and say hello.

Hey John,
sent you an e mail already. I will PM you my cell also, but I am pulling a double tomorrow so it will be tough to answer the phone.

9x21 when are you shooting this weekend?

I'm shooting tomorrow and working the rest of the weekend. It will be a great weekend and the New England crew will dominate the event!!! Let's all be positive. Does all the shooting really start at 10am??? I'll be there by 8:15am regardless so I can walk the stages.

Pete

Does all the shooting really start at 10am??? I'll be there by 8:15am regardless so I can walk the stages.

Pete

I'm not certain where the 10am information originates, but the schedule is 9:00 Shooters' meeting with 9:00 shooting. See everyone there!

I'm shooting tomorrow and working the rest of the weekend. It will be a great weekend and the New England crew will dominate the event!!! Let's all be positive. Does all the shooting really start at 10am??? I'll be there by 8:15am regardless so I can walk the stages.

Pete

Lopez & I are shooting Sunday AM
We're going up Saturday to look watch & then compete in the Beer drinking Area championship Saturday night.
I think PMD was champ last year![shocked]

+1 How the crew endured the days of heat is beyond me. It's much appreciated. I just hope the only problem they have is losing my score! Hint, hint. [wink]

Mike that is some great shooting. Amazing.

A Big thanks to all the crew at Harvard for putting on a great match that ran very smooth. Excellent stages. lots of fun,
Here is a video of some of the stages,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-YsbQBQDHo

I have videos of Rob, Matt J, Matt L and steve. If you guys want me to post them let me know

Hot time in Harvard.

Congrats to ipscdrl on the single stack 1st place I see in the results.

Looks like all the regulars did well. [wink]

Thanks Gary, I was as surprised as anyone. It was hot as heck out there this weekend. A great big thank you to all of the shooters who helped reset the stages. I know that as an RO, I appreciated it. Note to the Hokinton crew! We gotta re-think these twenty eight round, fifty yard sprint courses.
[crying][crying][crying] My feet are SORE!

Oh ya, thanks again to Lugnut for sticking around and helping tear down afterwards. Class. [rockon]

Oh ya, thanks again to Lugnut for sticking around and helping tear down afterwards. Class. [rockon]

Congrats to you on your win! Oh.. No problem with the help... I always get a few pointers while doing this so it's good for me too. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom