• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911pd

centermass181

NES Member
Stopped by Four Seasons today, to molest the 1911pd....I had to talk myself out of there. What a solid gun, fits perfect in my hand. Anyone have this, the 5" model? I think Im going to go back next weekend and make it mine.
Anyone want to buy a USP?

I have a SC 108282 and it shoots better than I do. In the 40 years I've been shooting I think it's the most forgiving pistol I have ever shot. Great trigger, really like the sights, fast to pick up after the recoil, especially for my old eyes. I have a safe full of handguns and it's my favorite.

What really surprised me was, I like it a lot more than my Sig Sauer P220. I have alot of old revolvers and the trigger reminds me of shooting a Model 27 in single action.

The only problem I have now is I'm thinking about selling of a lot of handguns and buying a couple of more. I want to get the 108283 PD next. How much are they asking at Four Seasons for them?

Last edited:
Just loving mine, nearing 1000 rounds now without a hiccup. Its very unforgiving though if you ride the slide while cocking. No problems with Winchester white box, American Eagle, UMC, Silvertips, and Hydra-Shok.

I have one and LOVE it. I don't have many rounds through it yet but it's run flawlessy so far. My one and only "complaint" would be that the ambi thumb safety was fitted a little tight... but that has corrected itself after working it a few times. Hard to beat for the price!

centermass181 said:
thats the one.

sighhhhhhh.

Wow- that's strange. I'm pretty sure I was told it's 699. The one with adj sights and wood grips was more I think. Either way it's on my list.

Ouch,

That is the same model I picked up at Four Seasons for $550 ~18 months ago. It was slightly used, I'd guess maybe 100 rds thru it before the owner had to sell and put it on consignment.

The "SC" stands for Scandium. It is a strong lightweight metal. The SC guns are lighter than a standard 1911. This can be nice if you carry it a lot and don't want the extra weight on your hip. There is more felt recoil in this model because of the weight reduction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom