S&W 1911PD Do they exsist?

btnh6668

NES Member
I have been looking every where and have been unable to find one. Im looking for the light weight one with the rail. Anyone seen one around at any local shops?

I think that I saw one at ZHA last week, but I'm not 100% positive that it was there.

Pretty sure that they had one at BassPro, but think the obscene price was ~$1300 for it!! [shocked]

I think that I saw one at ZHA last week, but I'm not 100% positive that it was there.

Pretty sure that they had one at BassPro, but think the obscene price was ~$1300 for it!! [shocked]

1300 is crazy. No wonder they still have one in stock.

Nice piece...keep and eye on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, or check out the 'for sale' section on the 1911 forum. Of course, support your local gun shop it at all possible [smile]

This is mine which I used for the Boston.com photo contest. I paid a little over 900.

Last edited:
yes that is the exact one i am looking for. Ive been calling around but with no luck. If all else fails i guess i should try calling the sw store

When I got it, about six months ago I think, they had them at Four Seasons. I would call them and Collectors. They may be able to order one for you.

Already called them.. every shop has told me the same. They all have them on order but have no idea when they will be in. Could be tomorrow could be in three months.

I tried to have one ordered in January and since every store in Mass basically uses the same distributors all I got was backordered and they don't know how long

All of Smith's 1911s are hard to come by at the moment. Rumor is they're moving the manufacture of 1911s to Maine, and adding more M&P lines to MA. They'll be back... eventually.

This is a downer. Finally get the money to buy one and now they are no where to be found. It hurts but i guess i just have to wait till i see one.

I wonder why the supply is so short. Its not like its a high end 1911 either. Maybe they just didnt think it was going to sell as much as it has. None the less even the smith and wesson store is out.

Believe me when i tell you, I called EVERYWHERE. No one had one. In fact many shops told me the gun was not mass compliant lol.

Back
Top Bottom