1911 ejection problem

southshoresig

NES Member
Hi guys, I bought an Auto Ordnance 1911 parkerized to look like WWII model. My problem is after 1st shooting 2 mags without trouble it will start to jam on ejection (empty shell gets caught in chamber or on slide or stovepiped)about once or twice per mag fired. Is this likely an extractor problem? Thanks

Last edited:
I actually recently bought the same gun, i just ran it through it's first 100 rounds and only had one jam, the casing failed ot eject. other than that, i had no other jams, is your auto ordnance a recent make, the ones made by Kahr? also did you sufficiently lubricate the inside of the pistol? I lubricated mine the night before i took her out. I don't know what else to tell you, it's my first pistol so I'm probably not of any use. hope that helped at all.

-James

1. Does it happen on both magazines? Try another mag that did not come with the gun if you have one. If you don't I am sure there is someone at the range that does.

2. Do you see any debris in the extractor area?

3. Try different ammo. AFAIK those particular models are designed for ball ammunition.

Last edited:
1) Use 230 Grain whatevers.

2)Don't limpwrist. I had the same problem with a USGI Colt.

3)Clean and lubricate, if you don't know how to detail strip the pistol either PM me or google it, with a GI style 1911 you dont need a single tool to detail strip it as long as you have a single btrass casing[grin]

It does it with factory mag and chip mccormick mag, I don't see any debris and I've heard of the limp wrist jam and was trying conciously not to. I'll strip it down and see what I see. Thanks for all your inputs!

Boy do i feel dumb. I detail stripped gun and man was it dirty, i bought it used at 4 seasons and it looked clean, so i used it as is. Works much better now that all parts are moving freely. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom