• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

By arming himself and wading into a riot, Rittenhouse behaved irresponsibly and recklessly...Moreover, when Christians celebrate or even merely rationalize his actions they are also behaving irresponsibly and recklessly. Even if Rittenhouse is legally vindicated, his decision to exercise a right resulted in a grave wrong.

This where the “Rules of Engagement” for armed self-defense are controlled by the supporters of peaceful protestors, who do not “condone” violent protest, but excuse violent protest (rioting, looting, burning) as a means of social change. This becomes accessory to violence especially when *with* the collaboration of government. If police cannot, will not or are directed to not, engage to protect public and private property by force, is anyone who does so an illegal and unjust “vigilante”?

Are groups that use social media to communicate and respond for the defense of public and private property “domestic terrorists”?

The many who support “peaceful protest” remain very NIMBY and support police funding in “their” areas. And they’ve evolved a OIYBY rule that *if* you use self-defense, that it be only in defense of life and limb “Only In Your Back Yard.” Peaceful Protestors and Violent Anarchists can cross city, county and state lines but only locals can watch public and private property be vandalized, looted and burned?

I didn’t swear to abide by any authorities’’ commands that issue such rules of engagement.

Isn't felon in possession a federal crime? Asking honestly.

That's a good point. I was assuming @Dadstoys was talking about an assault charge like Wisconsin should be charging him with. There are several reasons why the feds might not be charging him with felon in possession, but it would be nice if they'd get around to it.

Even so, he'd still be talking to BLM instead of in jail. He'd be out on bond the same afternoon.

There are several reasons why the feds might not be charging him with felon in possession, but it would be nice if they'd get around to it.
Yes, FIP is a Federal charge, however there are two issues here --
  1. As mentioned previously, Feds rarely charge FIP as the sole charge, it's usually piled on with other more serious crimes
  2. Grosskreutz never fires in the videos, and the handgun is not available as evidence, so he could just say "Airsoft" and walk.

I thought that was what everyone was talking about. It seemed obvious to me, although I am not sure if there has to be some proof of an "Interstate commerce nexus" for a charge to be made by the Feds.

For ease of formatting the following is taken for a Justice Department memorandum not the code typeset.

Title 18, United States Code, Section 922(g) makes it unlawful for certain classes of individuals to ship, transport, possess or receive any firearm or ammunition with the required interstate commerce nexus. Those prohibited classes of persons are: convicted felons (§ 922(g)(1)); fugitives from justice (§ 922(g)(2)); unlawful users or addicts of controlled substances (§ 922(g)(3)); mental defectives (§ 922(g)(4)); illegal aliens (§ 922(g)(5)); dishonorably discharged servicemen (§ 922(g)(6)); and persons who have renounced their U.S. citizenship (§ 922(g)(7)). The penalty provision for a violation of § 922(g) appears at 18 U.S.C. § 924(a)(2), which provides that a person who "knowingly" violates § 922(g) "shall be fined as provided in this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both."

🐯

That's a good point. I was assuming @Dadstoys was talking about an assault charge like Wisconsin should be charging him with. There are several reasons why the feds might not be charging him with felon in possession, but it would be nice if they'd get around to it.

Even so, he'd still be talking to BLM instead of in jail. He'd be out on bond the same afternoon.

From what brief criminal info I was able to find, our one-armed-bandit protester was convicted of "firearms possession while intoxicated", which is a misdemeanor under WI law punishable by up to 9 months in jail. It appears to me that the Federal "felon in possession" would not come into play in this particular case. Understand though, I have NOT done a very thorough review of his criminal history, so take this post with a little bit of skepticism for now.

Wow, he really was a pederast! Sickening!
So here's my conclusion from this....these rioters, well, the bad actors anyways, ....obviously they are hired thugs. Well.....wannabe thugs anyways. Thing is...how do they get hired? I hear about "The Dark Web". I get the idea...but can't grasp the reality ( yup..old guy). How does this work? Is there like a secret password they give out in prison or something? How do Soro's henchman "place" the ad, how do the friggin bums read and respond, and what's up with the "proper authorities" not being a head of the curve?

So here's my conclusion from this....these rioters, well, the bad actors anyways, ....obviously they are hired thugs. Well.....wannabe thugs anyways. Thing is...how do they get hired? I hear about "The Dark Web". I get the idea...but can't grasp the reality ( yup..old guy). How does this work? Is there like a secret password they give out in prison or something? How do Soro's henchman "place" the ad, how do the friggin bums read and respond, and what's up with the "proper authorities" not being a head of the curve?
- if you have to ask about the dark web, you shouldnt be on the dark web
-half if not more of the"proper authorities"are complicit in this. Its the only explanation that makes any sense as to why this has been allowed to get to this point

The One-Armed Bandit didn't break any federal laws that I'm aware of. So.

The feds can't just swoop down and charge people on a whim.

If alpo chunks is a convicted felon, there's FIP for starters, but my guess is that gun is long gone and securing a conviction is difficult. Fed USAs don't like weak cases, either. If the feds ever bagged him itd likely involve multiple offenses...

I don’t really think its a question of being “hired” in the formal sense which you and I would get hired at a lawful job. I think that as these demonstrations have attracted more people looking to break bad, more unlawful members of society have joined their ranks of their own free will and have fallen into rank and file for anarchous causes. And even anarchous cause seems like an oxymoron but in this case the cause is to villify one side by sacrificing a few thugs as cannon fodder. Now you have people saying the antifa murderer who was killed by police and US marshalls were themselves purportedly part of Patriot Prayer. It’s malarky. They were doing their jobs. But this is how divisive and effective antifa has become at accomplishing their goal causing chaos and confusion in our country.

...looking for some extra work, are ya?:cool:

I don't have any difficulty imagining how a certain kind of young person, unencumbered by any obligations, bored, and with a propensity toward minor violence, could very easily show up at one of these "protests," find the right people, and show that he was willing to smash some windows. I doubt the actual Soros money starts flowing until after such a kid has been out a few times and committed a few felonies.

...looking for some extra work, are ya?:cool:

I don't have any difficulty imagining how a certain kind of young person, unencumbered by any obligations, bored, and with a propensity toward minor violence, could very easily show up at one of these "protests," find the right people, and show that he was willing to smash some windows. I doubt the actual Soros money starts flowing until after such a kid has been out a few times and committed a few felonies.
The antifa bottom feeders probably aren't getting shit but there are probably some higher level organizers on the dole somehow, probably being paid by some bogus charity org funded by soros & co.... enough layers of separation and their hands don't get dirty. Would be fun to see feds whack them with RICO type charges but that's wishful thinking.

All you people demanding the feds arrest him are just as guilty as the leftist demanding more federal programs to “fund the poor”.

Nope , just looking for equal application of the law.
Reverse the roles and he was a Trump supporter , lefty would already be in a dank dark hole with no bail.
As soon as the kid's legal fund raised the million for his bail, the Commie f*ck of a judge raised it to two million.

Hows them apples ?

Nope , just looking for equal application of the law.
Reverse the roles and he was a Trump supporter , lefty would already be in a dank dark hole with no bail.
As soon as the kid's legal fund raised the million for his bail, the Commie f*ck of a judge raised it to two million.

Hows them apples ?
Trust me, I would love equal protection under the law. But getting the feds involved in charging someone with a crime the state didn’t, goes both ways. Frankly, I’d rather they not get involved if a state doesn’t.

Bullshit. Get off your high horse. We want equal treatment. If this was a Proud Boy they would be raking him over hot coals. No question...
Again, you’re not wrong either, but sometimes government inaction is less damaging than action taken.

Trust me, I would love equal protection under the law. But getting the feds involved in charging someone with a crime the state didn’t, goes both ways. Frankly, I’d rather they not get involved if a state doesn’t.

Again, you’re not wrong either, but sometimes government inaction is less damaging than action taken.

We have done much better in this part of the country than some others.
I think you might have a different perspective if you lived in a part of the country where it's hot and heavy right now and the local officials are in bed with these animals.
How would you feel if you ran into the guy who just tried to bash your brains in the night before , 24 hours later after he got set free with no bail or charges , knowing that if you lift a finger to defend yourself YOU WILL be going to jail ?
And he's going to be back the next night , and the night after that , and the night after that.

This is the ANTIFA camp that the city of Portland has set up to house the rioters .
The property is the city's department of transportation land.

There is no local law enforcement.
There is ANTIFA and their democrat cohorts .

Last night I watched Barnes and Frei's law for the people webcast on youtube and Barnes is very critical of how the defense is working for Rittenhouse. He feels like Rittenhouse is not being properly defended and Barnes is originally from Wisconsin and understands WI law and politics and he was saying that the big time law firm is playing right into the prosecutors hands.

Last night I watched Barnes and Frei's law for the people webcast on youtube and Barnes is very critical of how the defense is working for Rittenhouse. He feels like Rittenhouse is not being properly defended and Barnes is originally from Wisconsin and understands WI law and politics and he was saying that the big time law firm is playing right into the prosecutors hands.

Great, why don't they wrote up some summaries or better yet call and volunteer to join the team and help woth research??

Great, why don't they wrote up some summaries or better yet call and volunteer to join the team and help woth research??

Well he can't just show up and represent someone who already has a lawyer and he would have to be invited to help with the case. He still has to keep a roof over his house so his work shouldn't be 'free'.

Well he can't just show up and represent someone who already has a lawyer and he would have to be invited to help with the case. He still has to keep a roof over his house so his work shouldn't be 'free'.

I'm betting he could raise his own donations to work pro bono. Or maybe just provide relevant case law summary for the defense.

The point is don't bithc about someone needing help. Give it.

I'm betting he could raise his own donations to work pro bono. Or maybe just provide relevant case law summary for the defense.

The point is don't bithc about someone needing help. Give it.

You need to watch the video. It's more complicated than 'just give someone free help'. It doesn't work like that. Barnes actually explains why he can't legally help the legal team.

Yeah. I saw the video. He's free to reach out to Lin and offer help.

Lin can also watch the video.

There's nothing stopping them from working together other than this guy would rather go on a talk show and denigrate Lin, rather than go back channel and try to help.

If this guy cared about Kyle, the last thing he should be doing is bad mouthing Lin on a podcast.

Here you go straight from the lawyers mouth:

Barnes talks a big game and quite pompous, though his criticism on the handling of the case has merit. I’m not sure John Pierce posting a video of a phone call with Rittenhouse from jail asking him what he has to say to his “fans” was a smart move. But that’s just me.

The One-Armed Bandit didn't break any federal laws that I'm aware of. So.

The feds can't just swoop down and charge people on a whim. States are sovereign, meaning they'd resist that kind of intrusion, and rightly so. There are solid reasons for limiting the federal government's ability to do what you want them to do in this case.

Me, I want the feds to stay in their kiddie pool and let the states handle most criminal prosecutions. That's a long-standing Constitutional principle. Nothing about this case changes that. If WI is letting Lefty off the hook without articulating a reason, that's a matter for the voters of Wisconsin.
The One armed bandit is a convicted felon and carrying a gun as a prohibited person. How is that not breaking federal laws?

Back
Top Bottom