17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

View attachment 544440
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Self Defense is an act of dangerous desperation not “Heroism”

I am relieved and perhaps happy at the outcome but not sure we need posters like this but if we’re to have them I would prefer the picture simply read “CITIZEN”

Let’s be real, the word hero is applied to everyone and anyone. This kid deserves the title as much, if not more, than sports players and nurses.

He is no Audie Murphy, but he’s done much more for society than Tom Brady.

I’m biased, I think anyone who kills a pedo should have a parade in their honor.

Let’s be real, the word hero is applied to everyone and anyone. This kid deserves the title as much, if not more, than sports players and nurses.

He is no Audie Murphy, but he’s done much more for society than Tom Brady.

I’m biased, I think anyone who kills a pedo should have a parade in their honor.
Athletes and nurses aren't heros either.

Times have changed .
I remember a guy I went to school with who's father found out he was beating up his girl friend.
Dad showed up at his door and beat the living bag out of him.
Dad felt a sense of responsibility since he thought he raised him better than that and felt it was his duty to rectify the situation.
Eh... just more depends on the person... my dad would haul off on my ass if i did that

Yeah, gon’ disagree with you on that one.

Athletes are pussies.

Nurses, I disagree with.

@djbradles

You also misspelled heroes [laugh]
None are really heroes. A hero saves a people, tribe, or nation from destruction or demise. Nursing or other careers that take direct personal care of humanity are noble in essence. Athletics are not heroic or noble and especially in the sense of the wokism rampant today. Athletics are for entertainment only and it could be argued that it makes people happy which may benefit society or something like that. Unfortunately since flu vaccine mandates became the norm 10 or so years ago medicine has become woke too, almost extremely so. I work with the wokest of the woke who are to me, inherently evil. They are exposed in many aspects of media today for exhibition. But I know you do love your wife as I do mine, who is also a nurse. I’m sure both of our nurses are noble.

None are really heroes. A hero saves a people, tribe, or nation from destruction or demise. Nursing or other careers that take direct personal care of humanity are noble in essence. Athletics are not heroic or noble and especially in the sense of the wokism rampant today. Athletics are for entertainment only and it could be argued that it makes people happy which may benefit society or something like that. Unfortunately since flu vaccine mandates became the norm 10 or so years ago medicine has become woke too, almost extremely so. I work with the wokest of the woke who are to me, inherently evil. They are exposed in many aspects of media today for exhibition. But I know you do love your wife as I do mine, who is also a nurse. I’m sure both of our nurses are noble.
Well said. Hero was not the word I was looking for.

Maybe it was the comparison between athletes and nurses that confused me.

And yep, from what I hear, a lot of her coworkers are pretty "woke" as well. But some are like us, believe it or not. One of her co-workers (male) is risking his job by refusing the vax. I told her, he's got balls of steel for even thinking of that. Good for him.

Speaking of bugs - and since I have the Theremini Thread...

Leon Theremin was known not only for the invention of the electronic musical instrument bearing his name, but for The Thing:

My best friend in high school (an MIT rocket surgeon)
discovered a nearly pocket-sized hardcover book on spy devices in the public library.
And so we were well aware of The Thing.

This state line crap is frightening. They are all saying it. They want to take your guns and control your movement. "I'm sorry, your social credit score is not sufficient. Your privileges to cross state lines have been revoked"
5uymr3.jpg

The flip side of that is the whole country saw what that poor kid was subjected to and will likely think twice about playing calladooty out in the street.
Word.

We don't have a front porch - only a miniscule prefab concrete stoop.
Ever since I saw this beauty at Cabela's in Berlin/Hudson a few years back,
I've wanted to mount it on a tree on our front lawn:

Amazon product ASIN B07BC1C99L
Room for two.
Gets you off the street.
Allows you to take the high ground. (Sorry, @timbo).

What's not to like?

And yep, from what I hear, a lot of her coworkers are pretty "woke" as well. But some are like us, believe it or not. One of her co-workers (male) is risking his job by refusing the vax. I told her, he's got balls of steel for even thinking of that. Good for him.

We all think that hero is a sandwich. Hopefully Kyle showed our kids how wrong we are.

Well said, better spelling included.

I didn't start the athletes and nurses thing, but I did continue it.

rittenhouse_not_guilty-garrison-1536x1114.jpg

The Antifa and BLM Marxist totalitarians don’t want us fighting back. They don’t want us defending our cities or our homes. They want us to lay down our arms and accept our slavery.

We all need to resist and fight back when we’re attacked. Rittenhouse set the example.

^^^^^More in the link^^^^^

A new initiative by Andrew Branca (@Law of Self Defense) -
Kyle's Law is a proposal for new state-level statutes to
compel courts and prosecutors personally to compensate
acquitted self-defense defendants who had been
persecuted by a laughable paucity of evidence,
in the judgement of the criminal trial's jury.

Hat tip: Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds

Interesting article for those under 40 who don't remember Bernie Goetz, the NY subway rider who shot 4 defending himself. He was branded a vigilante and ended up doing a year not for the shooting but for having an unlicensed gun in NYC.

"… the ACLU complained that Rittenhouse was not held accountable for his "conscious decision to travel across state lines and injure one person and take the lives of two people protesting the shooting of Jacob Blake by police."

Suspicion of a white man being "not from around here" is justification to disable his civil rights and confirm his guilt, says ACLU? There’s this new concept that protesters against racial inequities can bus in from all over the country, but counter-protesters must be "local" or stay away. Convenient rule…

A new initiative by Andrew Branca (@Law of Self Defense) -
Kyle's Law is a proposal for new state-level statutes to
compel courts and prosecutors personally to compensate
acquitted self-defense defendants who had been
persecuted by a laughable paucity of evidence,
in the judgement of the criminal trial's jury.

Hat tip: Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds

The laws, as written are sufficient. We don't need more new ones. I don't understand the urge to create new ones. Self defense laws work. Punishments to the court and prosecutors are stupid, plus, guess who would have to pay the fines? Taxpayers, Dummy.

Back
Top Bottom