17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

If this thread has taught me anything is that I’m an angry white conservative. Always knew I was a conservative, but angry is new. Glad the left helped me find my true self. 🤨
So strange, I have realized I am an armed angry white straight Christian man but I have yet to shoot or injur anyone,, maybe that needs to change?

View attachment 544440
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Self Defense is an act of dangerous desperation not “Heroism”

I am relieved and perhaps happy at the outcome but not sure we need posters like this but if we’re to have them I would prefer the picture simply read “CITIZEN”

There you go overthinking just like an engineer.

Everything he did before, during, and after was the actions of a hero. A well composed hero who never lost his cool.

Not once…

The Founding Father's were "Classical" liberals...there is universe of difference.

Exactly. Liberal and conservative are relative terms.

Their meaning depends on the type and history of the nation or society that is being discussed. When removed from that context the words basically mean "change" and "stay the course" respectively. So therefore a political liberal in a restrictive society advocates for more freedom whereas a liberal in a free society tends toward authoritarianism. A political conservative in a free society advocates to maintain that freedom whereas a conservative in a restrictive society is the one advocating authoritarianism. Context is everything.

We used to be a pretty free country before our leaders decided to embrace change and we see that every time they do it leaves us a little less free than before.

Yeah....Thanksgiving will be interesting this year. For the first time in over 20 years, I'm spending it with my 86 year old parents who used to be fairly conservative but their being cooped up in a tiny apartment listening to the MSM constantly have changed them into liberals...fortunately my younger brother will be there too and he is a hard-core conservative like me. We're sure to run interference for each other.
Bring them back from the dark side Timbo!

Exactly. Liberal and conservative are relative terms.

Their meaning depends on the type and history of the nation or society that is being discussed. When removed from that context the words basically mean "change" and "stay the course" respectively. So therefore a political liberal in a restrictive society advocates for more freedom whereas a liberal in a free society tends toward authoritarianism. A political conservative in a free society advocates to maintain that freedom whereas a conservative in a restrictive society is the one advocating authoritarianism. Context is everything.

We used to be a pretty free country before our leaders decided to embrace change and we see that every time they do it leaves us a little less free than before.
That's not at all accurate.

Liberal means free. In any society, an actual liberal seeks to increase freedom.

Progressives seek change.

The problem is that people use the words interchangeably, and nobody holds them to it.

Progressives = Wilsonian Fascists (a managerial state of the 'enlightened' in partnership with business)

Liberal means free. In any society, an actual liberal seeks to increase freedom.

The problem is that people use the words interchangeably, and nobody holds them to it.
Classical liberal.

Just like how Democrat and Republican parties "changed over" in history too.

I am a classical liberal. I covet a freehold style society with some structural elements (small and restricted) provided in common. (defense and infrastructure. )

Otherwise? Clean and simple.

Watch out specifically for the transnational progressives. By classical definition, the Dr. Trying to become our federal bank person is a pure transnational progressive.

It's completely accurate. A conservative in the old Soviet Union was a champion of increased power by the state. A liberal in the United States champions the same exact thing.

And yeah meanings of words, especially bullshit nebulous terms like those, change over time. Just like "well regulated" has come to mean to some as: "applied with a bunch of government rules and restrictions".

Rhetoric question I know.

But it doesn’t necessarily mean they are guilty of assault. I mean I think they are, but they’d argue exactly what the prosecutor was saying. They were acting in good faith to stop who they believed to be an active shooter. Just because they were in fact wrong about their beliefs doesn’t mean their actions were criminal. This very explanations works constantly for police, for example.

Back
Top Bottom