17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

I'm glad I didn't retake the bar exam and just went into computers. I feel like I *ahem* dodged a bullet.
matrix-dodge.gif

If that is your take away, then you have not been watching. And stop with the "Only liberals are attacking the judge" BS. If you think that then you are not fully informed.
I have seen no Conservatives speak against this Judge only Left Wing Whack Jobs. And his life has been threatened, is that ok?

Despite the fact that he thinks I am a moron (not holding it against him), I don't think that is what he is saying here. The judge seems paralyzed from ruling in a way that may be scrutinized by the dickheads that are going to scrutinize him anyway. This sort of thing happens everyday but we don't see it because most cases don't have any public attention. Defendants, regardless of people's feeling of guilt generally, get screwed by the limitless resources of the state and despite the constitutional presumption of innocence, there is a practical presumption of guilt.
I respect your opinion but I must disagree.

There is the global motion for mistrial with prejudice. I think this request for mistrial without prejudice is on this narrow issue.

This is still the improper argument. The matter is one of accused double murder, with the defendant spending the rest of his life in jail, and the district attorney's office is treating potentially exculpatory evidence like a TikTok.

This is still the improper argument. The matter is one of accused double murder, with the defendant spending the rest of his life in jail, and the district attorney's office is treating potentially exculpatory evidence like a TikTok.
I agree, that is why I am jumping into my computer screen.

Despite the fact that he thinks I am a moron (not holding it against him), I don't think that is what he is saying here. The judge seems paralyzed from ruling in a way that may be scrutinized by the dickheads that are going to scrutinize him anyway. This sort of thing happens everyday but we don't see it because most cases don't have any public attention. Defendants, regardless of people's feeling of guilt generally, get screwed by the limitless resources of the state and despite the constitutional presumption of innocence, there is a practical presumption of guilt.

I have never said you were a moron. That would be someone with an IQ below 75. You are clearly not that. You are a defense attorney, so you're easily an 85.

The limitless resources of the state were wasted here. It seems little or no investigation, prep, or presentation work was done. Maybe WI is out of money?

I have spent a lot of time in WI. And, somehow, this entire case fully replicates the experience of living in WI. Or watching Green Acres.

There is the global motion for mistrial with prejudice. I think this request for mistrial without prejudice is on this narrow issue.

As an attorney what's your best guess to the outcome given the length of time the jury has been out?

Personally I thought it was a slam dunk not guilty. But the jury taking this amount of time makes me wonder if they see it that way?

I have never said you were a moron. That would be someone with an IQ below 75. You are clearly not that. You are a defense attorney, so you're easily an 85.

The limitless resources of the state were wasted here. It seems little or no investigation, prep, or presentation work was done. Maybe WI is out of money?

I have spent a lot of time in WI. And, somehow, this entire case fully replicates the experience of living in WI. Or watching Green Acres.
But here is where the limitless resources come into play. If the case is retried, no sweat off Binger's sack (Krous's is probably always sweating). They will not think twice about retrying. It is not their money, it is the state of Wisconsin's money - the people of Wisconsin's money. Rittenhouse will have to go through this whole ordeal again, with real money being spent - if raised, and while enjoying his constitutional presumption of innocence he will have his freedom curtailed and every aspect of his existence scrutinized.

I have not but I do cringe with Law Firms in general, especially ones from MN. I really don't see what they are talking about, tepid the Judge has not been.
[shocked]

Judges typically take a VERY dim view not only of not following rules of evidence and proper trial procedures, but anything that smells even REMOTELY of jury tampering or intimidation gets wrath bigly. Given the extremely high profile nature of this case, and the likelihood (not mere probability) someone would attempt to intimidate jurors, the fact there was no sequestration is, frankly, astounding to me.

[shocked]

Judges typically take a VERY dim view not only of not following rules of evidence and proper trial procedures, but anything that smells even REMOTELY of jury tampering or intimidation gets wrath bigly. Given the extremely high profile nature of this case, and the likelihood (not mere probability) someone would attempt to intimidate jurors, the fact there was no sequestration is, frankly, astounding to me.
It's likely they have all been threatened. Hell, they make threats daily to the media and nothing is ever done about it.

Back
Top Bottom