'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

What happens during a traffic stop. How does the cop know whether you're a prohibited person or not?
Assumng he/ she knows you have a weapon.

As others asked: How exactly would they know the driver has a weapon anyhow? This was the elephant in the room in the Chiefs' Assoc. allegation that looking up licenses is their "magic bullet" - there's no central database. Heck, they don't even know for sure who's driving until they are already at the car's window and receive ID. The reality is, the only thing looking up a P&R license based on the car's plate (if that were even feasible without dispatch calling cross jurisdictions to the registered owner's local authority and having them look for it) would do is let the officer know that someone who's been background checked clean might be driving. Kind of useless when you really walk it through. Officers acting like the possibility that the car is being operated by a person who's been background checked clean is a warning to them, vs. the person coming up blank for a P&RL, are doing themselves a serious disservice.

What happens during a traffic stop. How does the cop know whether you're a prohibited person or not?

How does the LEO know you are human at all? Who Fkn cares? You are missing the point of natural rights and the constitution.

If he knows you have a weapon, there's a good chance he's already done a background check to see whether you're a PP.

That whole "license and registration, please?" makes your information available.

Like Squib said, what makes a firearm contraband?

Seeing a firearm as contraband makes it look anti-2A as opposed to treating a firearm like any other weapon that deserves respect.

If he knows you have a weapon, there's a good chance he's already done a background check to see whether you're a PP.

That whole "license and registration, please?" makes your information available.

Seeing a firearm as contraband makes it look anti-2A as opposed to treating a firearm like any other tool that deserves respect.
FIFY

Word bird. Was just confirming what I already knew. Kind of like 2+2=4 on the calculator, can never be too sure.

It is a really good law, I am pretty pumped to see NH's reciprocity get expanded far and wide. Make the NH resident/nonresident license as good as UT and FL and people from all over the place will be sending checks in the mail to get one.

It is a really good law, I am pretty pumped to see NH's reciprocity get expanded far and wide. Make the NH resident/nonresident license as good as UT and FL and people from all over the place will be sending checks in the mail to get one.

if n.h. p&r's become like ut and fl i will def renew even tho i'm moving to maine in a couple months.
congrats, n.h.

Seeing a firearm as contraband makes it look anti-2A as opposed to treating a firearm like any other weapon that deserves respect.

The whole 'license and registration' thing generally refers to a driver's license. In NH, that does not show if you have a pistol/revolver license.

If they are dragging their feet, at this time I would be more concerned about the required 14 days to issue or deny.

Six weeks is typical for their out of state. Yes the law says 14 days, but it usually takes about 6 weeks. Search for threads on this.

View attachment 191472
View attachment 191473

State house website shows this as chaptered law! To those who helped get this passed thank you!
-design

SIGNED BY THE GOVERNER!!!!

http://www.concordmonitor.com/sununu-signs-conceal-carry-bill-8252381

People It’s now legal to carry a concealed gun in New Hampshire without a license.

Republican Gov. Chris Sununu signed so-called “constitutional carry” into law Wednesday morning, his first signing since taking office in early January.

“It is common-sense legislation,” he said during a ceremony in the Executive Council chambers. “This is about making sure that our laws on our books are keeping people safe while remaining true to the live-free-or-die spirit.”

The signing marked a GOP victory a week after the bruising defeat of right-to-work, one of Sununu’s top priorities.

Republicans in control of the Legislature have sought to repeal the licensing requirement in recent years, but Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan consistently vetoed the change, saying it threatened to weaken public safety.

Please pardon my ignorance, so, what effect does this law have on a Massachusetts resident with a Mass Permit wanting to carry in NH? Still require a non-res NH permit? Does NH honor the Mass Permit? I also understand Maine passed a Constitutional Carry Bill as well, same questions from me on that State?

Six weeks is typical for their out of state. Yes the law says 14 days, but it usually takes about 6 weeks. Search for threads on this.

Doesn't matter what it "Usually" takes. If it is longer than 14 days, they are in violation of the law and that needs to be corrected. Yeah, I know what the threads here say. That doesn't change the fact that the law is being broken and people just let it slide.

Please pardon my ignorance, so, what effect does this law have on a Massachusetts resident with a Mass Permit wanting to carry in NH? Still require a non-res NH permit? Does NH honor the Mass Permit? I also understand Maine passed a Constitutional Carry Bill as well, same questions from me on that State?

Why is this so hard for you to understand. You do not need anything to carry in NH. As long as you aren't a PP, it is legal for you to carry concealed without any license what so ever. Period.

Your MA LTC means nothing here now or in the past.

Why is this so hard for you to understand. You do not need anything to carry in NH. As long as you aren't a PP, it is legal for you to carry concealed without any license what so ever. Period.

Hey, now... Not everyone knows yet that the NH law on concealed carry changed at 10:30 this morning, though of course his MA LTC remains as irrelevant as before... just differently irrelevant.

/sarc, in case not obvious

Constitutional carry means that you, as a resident or non resident, don't need a permit to carry concealed, you just need to make sure you are aware of any restrictions the state has placed on it, whether it's NH, ME, or wherever.

Your MA permit is worth its weight in lead here.

Don’t really see the need to be snarky....Was a simple question and admitted straight up front asking for our pardon forasking. Of course I’m a legal immigrant what do I know.

Last edited:
Thank you for the clarifications. I am used to Massachusetts double talk and was just looking for it in simple terms. I'll take "snarkey" I have a thick skin. My comment about the Mass permit was reference to needing a copy of it sent in with the NH Non Res Permit application. No harm no foul. Have a great day of freedom!

Thank you for the clarifications. I am used to Massachusetts double talk and was just looking for it in simple terms. I'll take "snarkey" I have a thick skin. My comment about the Mass permit was reference to needing a copy of it sent in with the NH Non Res Permit application. No harm no foul. Have a great day of freedom!

Benefits of getting away from MA is there is no double speak. The law is short and to the point.

I don't think your question was invalid at all. Basically, you wanted to know if this law only applies to NH residents, and do out-of-staters still need to get a non-resident P&R license.

From what the law states, it's just like VT. Same for Maine. WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Headed North tomorrow, It was already scheduled. But I'll breathe the air of freedom and just for chits and grins stop off at my favorite spot and drop a couple of dead green folding Presidents on some ammo and drool over what I probably will never own in my home state. Congats. to all those that pulled this off and My hats off to the Gov. for signing it and standing by his campaign promise. And a 1 finger salute to Bloomie. Now come to think of it I know I'll be spending a whole lot more time and $$ in the Granite State.

Last edited:

A gentlemanly response... positive rep inbound.

Back
Top Bottom