'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

This is great.

Correct me if I am wrong, but my reading of SB12 makes me think we now have the best carry law in the US when you factor in the lack of age requirement, lack of restrictions on where you can carry, and the availability of a license with the requirement on the state to obtain reciprocity with as many states as possible.

God damn, I love NH!

SB12 is law! NH is a Constitutional Carry state
2 Pistols and Revolvers; Reciprocity. RSA 159:6-d is repealed and reenacted to read as follows:

159:6-d Reciprocity. The director of the division of state police shall negotiate and enter into reciprocal agreements with other jurisdictions to recognize in those jurisdictions the validity of the license issued under RSA 159:6. The director shall apply to every jurisdiction with which New Hampshire does not have a reciprocity agreement, at least once every 5 years to obtain recognition in those jurisdictions of the license issued under RSA 159:6. Any such agreement executed shall not expire unless an expiration date is required under the statutes of the reciprocal jurisdiction.

3 Repeal. RSA 159:4, relative to requiring a license to carry a concealed pistol or revolver, is repealed.

4 Effective Date. This act shall take effect upon its passage.

- - - Updated - - -

SB12-signedV3.jpg
Please share this image. We need to export this freedom to other states.
-design

2 Pistols and Revolvers; Reciprocity. RSA 159:6-d is repealed and reenacted to read as follows:

159:6-d Reciprocity. The director of the division of state police shall negotiate and enter into reciprocal agreements with other jurisdictions to recognize in those jurisdictions the validity of the license issued under RSA 159:6. The director shall apply to every jurisdiction with which New Hampshire does not have a reciprocity agreement, at least once every 5 years to obtain recognition in those jurisdictions of the license issued under RSA 159:6. Any such agreement executed shall not expire unless an expiration date is required under the statutes of the reciprocal jurisdiction.

3 Repeal. RSA 159:4, relative to requiring a license to carry a concealed pistol or revolver, is repealed.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 191465
-design

I'm a proud Granite Stater today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now here is a loaded (pardon the pun) question. My step dad applied for his non-res NH permit from MA a couple of months ago. The NHSP have been dragging their feet issuing it, as they have - as I understand it - for many others as well. they've cashed his check, and just last week I got a letter from them wanting me to verify his good character.

Since this law takes effect immediately and since one of the provisions of the new law extends the term of the permit from 4 to 5 years, any wagers on whether his permit will come back with an expiration date 5 years hence???

Now here is a loaded (pardon the pun) question. My step dad applied for his non-res NH permit from MA a couple of months ago. The NHSP have been dragging their feet issuing it, as they have - as I understand it - for many others as well. they've cashed his check, and just last week I got a letter from them wanting me to verify his good character.

Since this law takes effect immediately and since one of the provisions of the new law extends the term of the permit from 4 to 5 years, any wagers on whether his permit will come back with an expiration date 5 years hence???

If they are dragging their feet, at this time I would be more concerned about the required 14 days to issue or deny.

I want to thank all those directly and indirectly involved in making this pass....finally. The reps and senators that had the vision...those that called and sent letters and emails to their reps and senators and the governor. Without you all, we would still be just another shall issue (more like "may" issue) state today.

I was dubious as to whether I'd live long enough to ever see this day come to my home state.

Well, here I am and it is a very good day!!!

I shall raise a toast (or three) tonight... [cheers]

[cheers][party]

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 191465
-design

i'm looking forward to some free laughs when i see the leftist MA media cover this bill being passed. something along the lines of "now gun NH residents have gun legal authority to gun commit gun crimes with guns they carry in absence of any state gun permission slip gun." i can already hear the arms flapping.

Last edited:
What happens during a traffic stop. How does the cop know whether you're a prohibited person or not?
Assumng he/ she knows you have a weapon.

What happens during a traffic stop. How does the cop know whether you're a prohibited person or not?
Assumng he/ she knows you have a weapon.

how does the LEO know that the person doesn't have a suitcase full of cocaine in the trunk, or a kidnapped person, or a bag of stolen cash, or russian hackers (sarcasm)? these questions could continue ad nauseum. why are you willing to treat firearms like contraband?

Back
Top Bottom