• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

Unless you are in prison, you are free to leave MA any time you like. Your excuses for why you are stuck - those excuses are your prison.
Nope, choosing to run with your tail between your legs is a prison. Standing your ground and refusing to "Run to the hills" (thought you would like that given your avatar) and fighting the good fight, live or die, is truly freeing.....

Nope, choosing to run with your tail between your legs is a prison. Standing your ground and refusing to "Run to the hills" (thought you would like that given your avatar) and fighting the good fight, live or die, is truly freeing.....

Unfortunately, you're fighting a losing battle in that state. It would take a drastic change in the MA .gov to turn things back around to make it even 'decent' again. Staying there thinking that anything you say/do will make any impact on 2A rights is the definition of insanity.

- - - Updated - - -

When is the effective date of the law?

Immediately... So, as of when it was signed (earlier today).

i think Sununu has more testicle on his thumb than Charlie has in his drawers. so very cool you folks got him elected and this bill brought to his desk. also cool that he stuck by his word. as much as I support Trump, we have yet to see him stand by his word with respect to 2A.

you are probably the type of person that if things went full retard in NH you up and move not bother staying to fight

If you are happy in MA, great! I'm happy for you.

If you are all kinds of pissed off at your situation - well, there are lots of ways to improve your situation. Some methods have a higher chance of success than others. Do what you will, but the gun rights situation in MA is what it is and it isn't changing any time soon.

If you are happy in MA, great! I'm happy for you.

If you are all kinds of pissed off at your situation - well, there are lots of ways to improve your situation. Some methods have a higher chance of success than others. Do what you will, but the gun rights situation in MA is what it is and it isn't changing any time soon.
Hey, you're the one who said it. What have YOU done to fight for YOUR rights? Would I move, YES! but not to NH, been there, done that. Give me warm weather any day. But I would not move JUST BECAUSE of my GUN rights being infringed. So STFU with the bitch ass "just move stuff".....I'm an sick of that whiny mantra. I am choosing to stay and fight.

i think Sununu has more testicle on his thumb than Charlie has in his drawers. so very cool you folks got him elected and this bill brought to his desk. also cool that he stuck by his word. as much as I support Trump, we have yet to see him stand by his word with respect to 2A.

He did nominate Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. [wink]

Thank you for the clarifications. I am used to Massachusetts double talk and was just looking for it in simple terms. I'll take "snarkey" I have a thick skin. My comment about the Mass permit was reference to needing a copy of it sent in with the NH Non Res Permit application. No harm no foul. Have a great day of freedom!

Resident state license is not required to obtain non-res NH license.

Congress sent him a bill to repeal the onerous Obama Social Security - gun rule. I expect he'll sign it. The ATF is sending more agents to investigate gun crimes, just as Pres. Trump told them to. Then there is this, https://www.thetrace.org/2017/02/atf-official-white-paper-gun-industry-friendly-bureau/

He has also successfully appointed the most Pro 2A Attorney General ever. And as someone else mentioned, he's nominated a very pro 2A Justice for the Supreme Court.

There are about 10 million things that the President needs to get done in the first few months of his administration. While in your opinion, 2A issues are at the top of the list, it's not at the top of his list. Nor should it be.

Once he gets his guy in at the ATF, I expect we'll see all sorts of roll backs on regulations designed to impede exercise of the 2A.

i'm looking forward to some free laughs when i see the leftist MA media cover this bill being passed. something along the lines of "now gun NH residents have gun legal authority to gun commit gun crimes with guns they carry in absence of any state gun permission slip gun." i can already hear the arms flapping.

That'll be Auntie Maura's press release. [laugh]

Nope, choosing to run with your tail between your legs is a prison.

Running to get years of living mostly free of communist bullshit is a prison? [rofl] I wasn't aware of that novel concept.

Yes, fight via the system, if you have to stay here, by all means. I do, too, but I'm also not delusional about how eternally ****ed this state is, and would defend ANYONE's choice to leave this festering, corrupt political shithole at the drop of a hat.

-Mike

[party]This is GREAT!!!! My non res was due to expire this year. That's one less thing to deal with now. I guess I can let my Maine expire next year also. As others have said before me, it would be nice if this state did the same thing but it doesn't stand a chance any time soon.

Greg

But I would not move JUST BECAUSE of my GUN rights being infringed. So STFU with the bitch ass "just move stuff".....I'm an sick of that whiny mantra. I am choosing to stay and fight.

It's way more than just gun rights. Anyone who isn't a moonbat in MA is almost completely disenfranchised at this point. (your vote is almost worthless, barring a few regions of MA that aren't entirely gerrymandered to death) Even if you ignore or set aside gun issues for the moment; I would never encourage anyone to take residency here. Did you not see what the legislators did the other day? they raised their ****ing salaries by a huge amount, and like 10 people complained (mostly people on NES and a few newsies) and 5 minutes later everyone forgot about it. "Oh well". etc. That's typical MA bullshit, and its getting worse by the day.

-Mike

This is great news. As a MA resident, it will be nice not to have to get a NH non resident permit. But will there still be any benefit to having one? What other states will have reciprocity from the NH non resident permit that I wouldn't be able to carry in without it?

This is great news. As a MA resident, it will be nice not to have to get a NH non resident permit. But will there still be any benefit to having one? What other states will have reciprocity from the NH non resident permit that I wouldn't be able to carry in without it?

That is one reason I am keeping mine.

So to understand how the new law works... I live in MA and I have an active NH non-resident Pistol license...But now it's no longer needed/necessary?...I can carry (open or concealed) in NH, so long as I am a law abiding citizen, yes?... And as I cross the line into NH, I can hand my G26 to my daughter, who is 20, and she too can carry it, concealed or open? Yes/No?

So to understand how the new law works... I live in MA and I have an active NH non-resident Pistol license...But now it's no longer needed/necessary?...I can carry (open or concealed) in NH, so long as I am a law abiding citizen, yes?... And as I cross the line into NH, I can hand my G26 to my daughter, who is 20, and she too can carry it, concealed or open? Yes/No?

None of us are lawyers, here is the law: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?id=154&txtFormat=html&sy=2017

With just a MA LTC(the map is a little outdated since NH,ME, and WV now have CC)
Screenshot_2017_02_22_at_4_43_29_PM.png

MA LTC and NH non res permit
Screenshot_2017_02_22_at_4_43_57_PM.png

It seems having a NH non res permit over just having a MA LTC only allows you to carry in five more states (PA ND GA LA WY)

Last edited:

Just make sure when you cross the line into NH coming from MA to put your cell phone down when in your car - the Glock for your daughter is fine.

If you are not a PP you can carry a concealed pistol

sent from my phone

Back
Top Bottom