'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

I contacted the Governor's office and urged him to sign the bill.

Good idea. I sent him an email yesterday.

Called his office today, put on hold for about 7 minutes. Left name, phone number with person who answered and asked Governor Sununu to sign SB12 into law.

She said the office was very busy. :)

- - - Updated - - -

The bill is now enrolled and is headed around for signatures (Speaker, Senate President and Secretary of State). The process takes longer than any of us want, but I think it was 14 days on SB116 including the wait time for the Governor to review..
God willing by the first week of March we will be a free state.
-Design

On the General Court website, what's the next status we're looking for? SIGNED I guess? Wasn't sure if there's some special docket abbreviation or status that would tip us off to the progress.

Who was the CoP at the legislative committee hearing that I went to a few Wednesdays ago that essentially said that he had no real issues with the bill as written except for the word "firearm"? Wasn't he a representative of the COPANH? WTF changed in 2 weeks???

It's the two knuckleheads in charge of New Hampshire Chiefs of Police Association. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their service in their official capacities. I just don't appreciate them shitting on people's right to self-defense, especially when they arrive in their tax-payer funded uniforms and vehicles.

Glendon Drolet (Northwood) and Andy Shagoury (Tuftonboro). I think it was Shagoury that has always crapped on Constitutional Carry and was very vocal last session (can't remember the bill number from last year - SB116?) So at least he's been consistent.

Some more good news!

This morning.
HB201 -FN
Session Year 2017
Bill Docket
Bill Status
Bill Text
HTML:
 [PDF]
  Roll Calls    	Title: requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales.
G-Status: 	HOUSE
House Status: 	INEXPEDIENT TO LEGISLATE
Senate Status: 	
Next/Last Comm: 	HOUSE Criminal Justice and Public Safety
Next/Last Hearing: 	01/19/2017 at 01:00 PM    LOB Room 204

Some more good news!

This morning.
HB201 -FN
Session Year 2017
Bill Docket
Bill Status
Bill Text
HTML:
 [PDF]
  Roll Calls    	Title: requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales.
G-Status: 	HOUSE
House Status: 	INEXPEDIENT TO LEGISLATE
Senate Status: 	
Next/Last Comm: 	HOUSE Criminal Justice and Public Safety
Next/Last Hearing: 	01/19/2017 at 01:00 PM    LOB Room 204[/QUOTE]

nice!

How is SB 12 going to jibe with 159:14 http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xii/159/159-14.htm in cases in which the buyer is not personally known to the seller?
159:14 Exemption. – None of the provisions of this chapter shall prohibit an individual not licensed under the provisions thereof who is not engaged in the business of selling pistols or revolvers from selling a pistol or revolver to a person licensed under this chapter or to a person personally known to him.

Attachments

• NHACP attacl on sb12.JPG
    NHACP attacl on sb12.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
The article you referenced answers your own question
Not true. Andrew made reference to how NH doesn't share mental health records with the FBI. The sale in question didn't go to the FBI/ATF. It was a pistol sale to someone mentally deficient. Pistol sales in New Hampshire go through the State of New Hampshire Department of Safety for approval - not the FBI. So it wouldn't have mattered if NH shared mental health records.

NH police simply run the NICS check instead of the FFL

NH does not allow for mental records to be shared with NICS or anyone else as far as I have seen

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/X/135-C/135-C-mrg.htm

So you believe the NHSP does not perform a check in their own system records at all? Can you show me where this is their SOP to only check NICS?

I was under the impression from a dealer that they perform both.

Last edited:
So you believe the NHSP does not perform a check in their own system records at all? Can you show me where this is their SOP to only check NICS?

I was under the impression from a dealer that they perform both.

Do you have any supporting fact, not impression, not second hand, not rumors, but actual hard evidence that they do?

- - - Updated - - -

Andrew, since you're on here, care to explain why you chose to use a case where a pistol was bought in New Hampshire and the background check completed by the NH Dept. of Safety which didn't issue a denial of sale despite the fact of a court record showing mentally deficiency in your attack of SB12?

http://www.unionleader.com/crime/po...-found-at-scene-of-officer-shooting--20160516

You do realize that this section of the forum is public and anyone can browse and screen capture it? We know the MA AG's office and several anti-gun groups have done this repeatedly.

You do realize that this section of the forum is public and anyone can browse and screen capture it? We know the MA AG's office and several anti-gun groups have done this repeatedly.

Yes, we all do. And I for one, am happy to call them out on their bravo-sierra.

Do you have any supporting fact, not impression, not second hand, not rumors, but actual hard evidence that they do?

- - - Updated - - -

1.) The NH system is J-One. This system has access to local orders, temp restraining orders, court orders etc., and each PD has access to it. http://www.courts.state.nh.us/aoc/j1/ It lists criminal record etc. This is NH's background check. It would not make sense for them to not check J-one. A NICS isn't going to pull up a local order.

2.) Yes I know this section is public and that others are looking. And now they know we know if they didn't already. I don't play BS games. You shouldn't also assume that they don't have access to the members section either. Once on the internet, nothing is safe from prying eyes.

Last edited:
Mental health records are not as a general rule made avail to state police at least as far I can tell according to state law

I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule like things that come out of court orders/etc

But as a general rule I would not expect the NHSP to have access to the info
Any mental health related determination related to a court ruling would be on the NH J-One system. The person from the Union Leader article had a court mental health ruling. The question is, was J-one updated in time with applicable information that would have denied the sale.

A POC runs a background check in lieu of the FBI. That's what the NH State Police do.

A POC has to meet or exceed the standards of an FBI NICS check.

As I said earlier, keeping NH as a POC state is asinine. NH has fewer disqualifiers than the federal government does. It's a waste of money. There are far fewer POC states since the federal waiting period went away.

Getting a tiered PRL should be considered as well. There is no reason for NH to not offer a NICS waiver license.

Today, I want to update you about the aggressive, anti-gun activities of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police (NHACOP). These public employees are using their official titles and your tax dollars to lobby against your civil right to be armed.... We have seen these anti-gun Chiefs arrive at the statehouse in a town vehicle while wearing a town uniform. Do you really want your tax money used to fund anti-gun activism?

How are these not examples of ethics violations? NHACOP is a professional labor group not an arm of the government. If you drove a plow truck for the State and used government time, materials, or computers to distribute union correspondence it would be a clear ethics violation -- and rightfully so. I see no difference here with NHACOP.

If they want to oppose a law fine that is their right, on their own time, with their own money and equipment, as private citizens and without the intimidating color of office.

You would not let that plow truck driver bring his rig home to sand the driveway, and there is no reason these chiefs should not be held to the same standard.

If they are in your town call for an investigation, has there been a misuse of funds?

How are these not examples of ethics violations? NHACOP is a professional labor group not an arm of the government. If you drove a plow truck for the State and used government time, materials, or computers to distribute union correspondence it would be a clear ethics violation -- and rightfully so. I see no difference here with NHACOP.

If they want to oppose a law fine that is their right, on their own time, with their own money and equipment, as private citizens and without the intimidating color of office.

You would not let that plow truck driver bring his rig home to sand the driveway, and there is no reason these chiefs should not be held to the same standard.

If they are in your town call for an investigation, has there been a misuse of funds?

You are correct. Many have noticed and some are starting to call them out on it.

Some comments in another thread that this is on the governor's desk. I called in support this morning and didn't hear that he signed it so we're not done yet.

- - - Updated - - -

And you dont think they already dont do that in the members section.....if you think they do not you are kidding yourself.

Just got off the phone with the governor's office. I asked if the bill has reached his desk yet and was told that it has not. I then urged that the governor fulfill his campaign promise to sign this legislation the moment it lands in front of him.

Last edited:
Some comments in another thread that this is on the governor's desk. I called in support this morning and didn't hear that he signed it so we're not done yet.

Just got off the phone with the governor's office. I asked if the bill has reached his desk yet and was told that it has not. I then urged that the governor fulfill his campaign promise to sign this legislation the moment it lands in front of him.

Per one of the Bill Sponsors, the Governor is planning on signing it early next week. Not sure if there's going to be special ceremony?[thinking] I know Sununu said he would sign it - we have him on record to more than one person. Showing support helps though.

Per one of the Bill Sponsors, the Governor is planning on signing it early next week. Not sure if there's going to be special ceremony?[thinking] I know Sununu said he would sign it - we have him on record to more than one person. Showing support helps though.

I have Monday off...If it's an open to the public signing and he does it on that day, I want to be there.

It was enrolled in the Senate shortly after the House. It is definitely on its way to Sununu's desk.

I would love to see the signing too. Sort of like a post touchdown football spike in the endzone.

Back
Top Bottom