• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'17 NH Constitutional Carry, SB12 is law & U can carry if U can own, including MA res

About New Hampshire laws?

I was responding generally to a general comment, General. I'm sure the NH AG has much better things to do than monitor NES for infractors of any state. Sadly, the MA AG does NOT.

Have you even been paying attention to the out of control Ma. AG?

You mean the time Mass tried to compel New Hampshire's Town Fair Tire** to provide their list of MA customers?

** Misrecalled the tire company. It wasn't Sullivan, but Town Fair:
http://archive.boston.com/news/loca...es/2009/02/03/state_chases_sales_taxes_in_nh/

Last edited:
Should be an interesting week...
Coming Up on The Exchange:

Monday, 2/20 - President's Day Rebroadcast: Washington's Farewell Address

Tuesday, 2/21 - Guns in the Granite State

So is it going to be unbiased or another hit piece on the eve of Constitutional Carry?

Well, it is Laura Knoy with NHPR, after all...you don't have to go much further than that to know which way it will lean.

Last edited:
Well, it is Laura Knoy with NHPR, after all...you don't have to go much further than that to know which way it will lean.

I dunno about that. She's had Hoell on several times and treated him pretty fairly, not favoring other guests, and not disparaging. Of all the shows produced around these parts, hers is probably the most even toned. Our local "NPR" isn't anything like Illinois, NYC, MA, or California's. How her show comes off, left or right, really depends on who her guests are - she doesn't wade into the fray, and on hot-button issues, they usually have solid people representing most of the points-of-view. I was happily surprised when she interviewed Ron Paul years back, for example. It was so respectful, it was almost worshipful. What you can expect from an Exchange show on 'guns in NH' is you will hear from a total anti along with someone like JR.

I'm a little late to this show on here, but I just wanted to post this and my response.

https://www.facebook.com/NHPoliceChiefs/

NEWS RELEASE
THE SEX OFFENDER and CHILD CONCEALED CARRY BILL aka SB12
February 13, 2017
The legislature passed SB12 allowing carrying concealed loaded firearms without a license. This bill is seriously flawed due to the words “possession” and “firearm.” The legal and technical meanings of these words are the problem. All handguns are firearms but not all firearms are handguns. Possession by a minor is not the same as selling to a minor. The difference is who is doing the prohibited act.
The bill says a license will have to be issued to an applicant who is not prohibited by New Hampshire or federal statute from “possessing a firearm.” The section about carrying loaded “firearms” says it is legal as long as the person is not prohibited by statute from “possessing” a “firearm” in the State of New Hampshire. Unlike EVERY other constitutional carry state, New Hampshire has no law stating the minimum age to “possess” a firearm, prohibits verifying the person by fingerprints, and allows carrying on school property. Convictions for violent misdemeanor level crimes like sexual assault will not be a reason to deny a license or concealed carry.
Federal law, 18 USC 922(x) (2) (a), states the minimum age to “possess” applies only to “handguns” not “firearms.” The difference in the word used matters. Passing this bill will allow minors to carry loaded guns concealed and get licenses allowing them to carry.
We doubt most citizens and responsible gun owners agree with children and violent criminals carrying loaded guns. We would suggest people IMMEDIATELY call the Governor’s office to stop this dangerous bill.

My Response:
I have a lot of respect for law enforcement. They do a tough, dangerous and sometimes thankless job protecting "We The People". I'm very disheartened and discouraged by this "NEWS RELEASE" It's obviously based in myth and being used to propagandize the uneducated public. SB 12 doesn't permit rapists, drug dealers, criminals, etc. to carry concealed now. They, under current law, would already be prohibited. So if they do carry concealed now or after this bill becomes law, they would do so illegally. That doesn't change. What does change is that now I wouldn't be required to ask my government for permission to do what my Constitution gives me the right to do, in the state I live in; NH. I, however, have the right to still obtain or renew my CCW so I could benefit for reciprocal agreements that NH shares with many states. Please do yourself and our state proud by explaining your position using FACT instead of FICTION. THANK YOU!

I could tell. That doesn't mean I'm going to sit idly by and allow that nonsense to infect the layman that are unaware of the current laws(s).

I talk about this a lot with my children. Making sure they understand what they are reading or what's going on so they can make informed conclusions or opinions. When you have an org like that spreading propaganda in hopes of swaying the uneducated, it ticks me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: NHPR. They tend to ask for one or two members from opposite viewpoints and they tend to give them an equal time. Who knows, Laura may even like firearms. I would suggest that people listen to the show and ask their friends to do the same. Hopefully one of the guests will address the lies by the Chief of Police Assn.

-Design

http://nhpr.org/programs/exchange

Last edited:
I think NHPR does an exceptional job with local reporting. Seriously. Nothing else, even print journalism (which has mostly been reduced to short, punchy, bits with zero insight), comes close.

Last edited:
It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it. ;)

also, this is what happens when you try to read and respond on the small screen of a phone....

- - - Updated - - -

School was in today, so I'm not sure. Anyone get mail?

No mail but that's fed. A lot of banks were closed but not all.

Maybe. Does NH observe "President's Day?"

Not really....I had the day off...I work for a private company that needs to hand out X amount of holidays per year and I guess there were too many that fall on a weekend (or something) so we're getting a few oddball ones this year.

exchange-sb12-laura knoy bob clegg.JPG
The NHPR show, the Exchange looks to be a very good show.

The Exchange ‏@NHPRExchange 2h2 hours ago

Tmrw at 9: Gun Rights & Restrictions w/ @rennycushing, @NH_Braveheart, Chief Andrew Shagoury of NHACOP, & Bob Clegg, of Pro-Gun NH.

N.H. Debates Gun Rights and Restrictions
By The Exchange • 3 hours ago

New Hampshire lawmakers have been debating a number of gun-related bills this year, looking at where firearms should be permitted, who should be allowed to have them, and how they can be worn in public. We'll look at these proposals, the issues they raise - also who's behind them and who isn't.

GUESTS:

Bob Clegg, President of Pro-Gun New Gampshire, former state senator.

Renny Cushing, Democratic Representative from Hampton. He serves on the Criminal Justice and Pubic Safety Committee.

JR Hoell, Republican Representative from Dunbarton. He is Corporate Secretary of the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition.

Andrew Shagoury, Tuftonboro Police Chief and First Vice President with the NH Association of Chiefs of Police.

State House was closed yesterday. I expect SB12 to hit the Governor's desk this week.

-Design

Back
Top Bottom