10lb trigger pull question?

A good trigger should have a trigger pull as light or lighter as the gun it self. But for combat shooting or personal protection anything from 5-3.5lbs is good. I go on the lighter side myself just depend on you the shooter. And as always the # one safety is your finger!!

I disagree with that concept. An M&P weighs 1.5 pounds. There is no way you should have a 1.5 pound trigger on an M&P.

I disagree with that concept. An M&P weighs 1.5 pounds. There is no way you should have a 1.5 pound trigger on an M&P.

If it was a target it gun why not? You want the lightest trigger when your cutting paper at 50yds. A carry/combat handgun I go with 3.5-5lbs.

If it was a target it gun why not? You want the lightest trigger when your cutting paper at 50yds. A carry/combat handgun I go with 3.5-5lbs.

Target, or single action pull under 5#s I can see. For double action or striker fired (with out a manual safety) I think 7-8# although those long pull double actions with a 5# or so are also reasonable. But these are just my opinions.

You aren't supposed to do this!

The AG is on record as saying "we do not encourage self-help". You are supposed to dial 911 and die!! That's the official position of our chief lawyer in the state.

LenS,

I am not quibbling with you on this, but with our chief LEO: self-defense is not self-help. Self-help is pursuing a legal remedy without using the court system (e.g., retrieving goods that were stolen or otherwise taken from you, destroying a private dam that is causing flooding on your property). Almost invariably, self-help involves a property trespass.

Self-defense is not self-help because it involves an imminent and emergent threat against life where recourse to the courts is not available (if only I could file a complaint and summons in the next 1.5 seconds), because it involves a criminal charge (and the average Joe does not have the ability to privately prosecute), and because it does not involve the pursuit of a private remedy available through court action (Uh, if I sue, will the court award me my life back?")

If I thought about this for more than thirty seconds, I could probably triple the size of this list. Martha, baby, where did this notion come from? If some idiot ruled from the bench that self-defense is a form of self-help, we are all in deep crapola.

Amicus,

I don't remember the exact case that drew Martha's remark, but I seem to recall that someone had taken action to prevent harm to themselves or their loved one and she mad this public (and stupid) comment.

Kudos to your chief but too many feel the way that Martha feels in MA! [thinking]

Amicus,

I don't remember the exact case that drew Martha's remark, but I seem to recall that someone had taken action to prevent harm to themselves or their loved one and she mad this public (and stupid) comment.

Kudos to your chief but too many feel the way that Martha feels in MA! [thinking]

It was a father stopping a sexual predator from touching his son in the bathroom at a Market Basket. The father burst into the stall where the guy was and gave him a good punch.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40307

Back
Top Bottom