• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Oh man, I am soooo in!

Thanks for all the info. This site is chock full of information, I love it.

................Now back to page 1 for the links :) .................

KC, just watch for sales at your local supermarket on Ramen and stock up. [wink]

Once you get your C&R FFL, you'll be spending like a mad-person and will need the stocked-up Ramen for sustenance as you won't have spare money to buy real food! [lol] [lol]

A week or so ago, Big Y Supermarkets (mostly in Western MA) ran a sale on Ramen 3/$0.23. I chuckled and explained the joke to my Wife as we stocked up on the stuff!

Still waitng for my app. to show up in the mail [cry] Then again I only put my order in on the 10th for them.

:x I hate waiting !

edin508 said:
Still waitng for my app. to show up in the mail [cry] Then again I only put my order in on the 10th for them.

Look at it this way...it'll give you time to save up some extra $$'s. [lol] (You'll need it. [wink] )

edin508 said:

If you're freaking over waiting for the app, the license wait is really gonna kill ya [!]
Seriously though, license took 4 weeks to get.
Good luck, edin.

Lynne said:
edin508 said:

Look at it this way...it'll give you time to save up some extra $$'s. [lol] (You'll need it. [wink] )

E-filed my tax returns this morning. They owe me !!

JonJ said:
edin508 said:

If you're freaking over waiting for the app, the license wait is really gonna kill ya [!]
Seriously though, license took 4 weeks to get.
Good luck, edin.

Not really freaking out, just a bit ADHD :D

Mine came in the mail today. I sent it in late November, so figure six weeks or so, including the holiday slow down. The big packet will follow next week, I guess. Now to get set up.

Gary

Well the ATF charged my card today :D
Kinda funny I don't mind this charge as much as others.......
The paperwork went out this past Sat. certified with receipt, I hope the paperwork goes through as fast as the credit card did. [lol] [lol]

C&R

I've had my C&R for awhile now, but havent sold anything yet, just bought guns. But now I am looking to sell a C&R but am confused as to the procedure. I will be selling it via an auction so buyer may be from anywhere. Does that matter if theyre a C&R? How do i complete the sale? Any and all help is appreciated.

If sale is out of state, follow the Fed laws that you were sent by BATFE when you got your C&R FFL. Do the bound book entries and that's it.

You DO need to make sure that the sale is legal in the state the buyer is in . . . e.g. no C&R handguns to CA C&R FFLs, everything (handguns) must go thru an 01 FFL to CA, etc.

If in MA, you'd have to get copy of LTC and C&R FFL.

Above is brief, but not intended to be all encompassing.

I have my 03 FFL and sent letters (with copies of the 03 and my LTC) to Century, Samco, and some others. I haven't sent letters to Brownells, Midway, etc. Does anyone have a sample letter they can post for those operations?

Thanks,

gary

someone had posted this suggestion:

Greetings:
Below, please find a signed copy of my 03 FFL. Please add me to your mailing list, enroll me in any applicable dealer discount programs that you have, and file my FFL for any future purchases I make with your company. I look forward to doing business with you.

Thank You,

Ross

Pack and Postal is on my list of places to visit. Have you done any business with them?

On another note, is there an advantage to bringing a copy of the 03 license to gun shows?

Gary

Stopped in and browsed last week. Bob is a great guy and loves to talk (I was late getting back to the jobsite!). His comment on C&R was that you should keep a couple of unsigned copies in your glove box at all times - you never know!

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Stopped in and browsed last week. Bob is a great guy and loves to talk (I was late getting back to the jobsite!). His comment on C&R was that you should keep a couple of unsigned copies in your glove box at all times - you never know!

Ross

LOL! I DO know that I can spend an awful lot of money quickly if I'm not careful. <G>

Gary

This C&R FFL is awfully inviting. I am tempted, but does anyone know if the feds will issue it if you are a renter and not a home owner?
And what if you move? Is it still in effect?

It's here! Got my C&R license in the mail yesterday and picked up the package from ATF this morning at the PO. The amazing part is that it only took 25 days! I mailed my app on Jan 12, my debit card was hit on the 18th and received the license on Feb 6. I have a feeling that I will be doing a lot of photocopying today! :D

Len, where did you say they were having a sale on Ramen Noodles? [roll]

I am still waiting on mine, it has only been about three weeks though. Way to early for government work. I am extemely jealous of all of you with C and R, it is killin gme not having it. I have found all these deals that I can not take advantage of.

Rpriestlyjr, I rent so it's not a problem.

03roushs1, I wouldn't be surprised if you got yours by the end of the week.

Now I only have to decide what to buy first because I want one of everything! [lol]

Back
Top Bottom