“Large capacity feeding device” Storage

I've read through the MGLs that I could find related to high capacity magazines etc. Someone tell me if I have this right.

- There is no explicit requirement for secure storage of a “Large capacity feeding device”. (one does not need to keep them in a locked container)

- One could theoretically be charged under Chapter 269: Section 10F for "transfer" of a “Large capacity feeding device” to an unlicensed individual or someone under 18.

As I read it one is not required to keep large capacity magazines in secure storage, it is just simply a "good idea". Is this correct?

I'm thinking of examples like an otherwise legal large capacity feeding device left in a range bag (no firearms, ammo or other components) or something like that.

While it's not required... I do think that it's a very good idea. I keep all mags and even clips/stripper clips locked up in my safe with guns/ammo.

I do keep them all locked away as well... As I said it is a good idea for lots of reasons anyway and likely everyone should keep them securely stored. I was just trying to assess if it was "required" or not.

I do keep them all locked away as well... As I said it is a good idea for lots of reasons anyway and likely everyone should keep them securely stored. I was just trying to assess if it was "required" or not.

There is no law requiring it.

Back
Top Bottom