Zumbo Speaks on the NUGE board

There is no "them" or "us." There is only "we" and we will prevail together or we shall hang together. Take your pick. [rolleyes]

As Dumbo Zumbo's remarks - and his fellow Fudds' defense of same - clearly show, many hunters do NOT view the matter as you do. Their ongoing ignorance and inertia caused the schism; their ready willingness to sell out gun rights exacerbates it.

Such hunters are not merely an impediment; they are a pronounced liability. Zumbo's drivel being quoted on the Brady site should make that obvious to even their most ardent apologist.

Then consider it an opportunity to upgrade and to educate. You're an intelligent guy, Scriv. Use that to persuade them of the error of their way of thinking. That's just an ongoing process that we all have to be doing whether it's with some hunters or the public at large.

And yet, there are none so blind as those who will not see........

he still manages to essentially completely skirt the "terrorist" accusation..thats what annoys me, with no appology to the Armed forces and all the various federal and local law enforcement agencies who employ the AR platform on a daily basis...

+1

...He can learn more. Don't write him off because he didn't come completely around in one week. Keep the lessons coming his way and maybe we will see the complete turnaround we all desire from him in time. ...

...Give the "old dog" some time to learn new tricks.

Personally I'm hopeful. If he comes around he could be a great ambassador between us and the Fudds. ...and someone needs to bridge the gap. ... Maybe if we and the Nuge can open Zumbo's eyes he maybe able to help us open their eyes.

another +1

Last edited:
Like its been said the damage is done. The 1st apology was pointless. You mention 40+ years in the gun/hunting industry and NRA and you label a gun and its owners "Terrorists". You common stereotyped your own ppl.

I'm not big on hate, yes you lost your job and for good reason. How bout the IRS tax you for all the gifts you've milked off sponsors the last 40 years like they do with celebrities. Besides I like Garry James better.

Last edited:
I gotta say that I'm very proud of the people on this board. After reading some of the total crap in support of his views that has been posted on other boards; not just hunting boards, but gun and shooting boards, I was a little surprised. [smile]

B

Hey at least he hasn't checked himself into the Betty Ford yet, like every other person who gets some bad press[smile]

Honestly, I hope he continues to burn and poison himself. Not because I'm a vendictive man, frankly I'd love to see him recover from all of this, still Scrivner has a GREAT point. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see. I know several hunters who are the most short-sighted people on earth. They don't care for the 2nd ammendment or gun control unless it directly attacks the guns in THEIR closset.

The Zumbo explosion hopefully will be such a horror show that maybe a few eyes will be opened. Not just THAT his career is over, but WHY its over. Zumbo may not have figgured it out yet, but I'm sure many have, and many more will.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I'm not a very vindictive person either. There is a sigline in one of the other forums that's attributed to Will Rodgers. The quote goes something along the lines of " Some people you can tell them not to do something and they don't. Some people can read about it and that's all it takes. Most everybody else has to piss on the electric fence for themselves." Mr Zumbo basically pissed on the fence and found out that 6V or 12V hurts! If ( big if ) he is honest on what he has said and can convince a few of his hunting buds that EBR's are okay and maybe get involved in the 2nd Amendment, he'll do some good.

We as a group of shooters have seen people that shoot because it is something to do. These are the people that don't care about politics at all and will pick up a set of golf clubs if their guns are taken away. Those type of people I just say " Hi " to and don't try to make them understand. If we can make the rest of the shooting community understand the concept of " we're all in this together " and do something positive, we MIGHT have a chance. I know, I'm reaching here but I'm a pessimist at heart so this is good for me. Now I need to get out of MA!

Joe R.

There is no "them" or "us." There is only "we" and we will prevail together or we shall hang together. Take your pick. [rolleyes]

Jim, intellectually you are right. But practically, Scrivener is right. There are too many Fudds that simply will not change their tune. After Dumbo's debacle you would think that Fudds would stop and think that maybe their position on certain guns is simply wrong. But what do we get, Fudds going to Dumbo's defense.

The only way to defeat these Quislings is to make them powerless. We need to demonstrate to the gun industry that our buying power eclipses that of the Fudds. We need to show politicians that shooters, not hunters, are the predominant voice in this debate.

Fudds, by definition gun owners who have a narrow definition of firearms and their use, need to be marginalized. Not all hunters are Fudds (you and I, for example), but all Fudds are hunters.

Well Zumbo taught us one important lesson.

There are some dogs you cant teach new tricks to.

And he is one of them.

His bit about a firearm having a legitimate hunting purpose makes me see that he will never get it. He is just too set in his ways.

Last edited:
Fudds, by definition gun owners who have a narrow definition of firearms and their use, need to be marginalized. Not all hunters are Fudds (you and I, for example), but all Fudds are hunters.

Would t'were that it were.

Ever talk to someone who shoots only clay birds? Very often the same mindset. Many of the sporting clays types are just yuppies playing at something other than golf, with even less commitment.

Many of the sporting clays types are just yuppies playing at something other than golf, with even less commitment.
You're right. I forgot. I also got tired of some of the racist invective I heard directed at blacks at a couple of the local skeet clubs where I used to shoot in Wichita.

Back
Top Bottom