Zumbo Responds to Sen. Carl Levin

SKsguns

No! I don't think you were misguided.
We were refering to Senator Levin and the way he used whatever he could to establish his argument for Gun Control.
My point to YOU was it had nothing to do with Zumbo, Levin if it wasn't a phrase from Zumbo would have been a phrase from the NRA or whatever. Levin is the type of person to blame the manuafacturer for the guns being used in the crimes and not the Criminals holding them. He has a hate for Guns, period. Those TACTICs have been used for decades by the Gun Control Freaks. I said it right and I said it with NO DISRESPECT to YOU.
That was my point, before it was taken off in a Grammar lesson.

SKsguns

No! I don't think you were misguided.
We were refering to Senator Levin and the way he used whatever he could to establish his argument for Gun Control.
My point to YOU was it had nothing to do with Zumbo, Levin if it wasn't a phrase from Zumbo would have been a phrase from the NRA or whatever. Levin is the type of person to blame the manuafacturer for the guns being used in the crimes and not the Criminals holding them. He has a hate for Guns, period. Those TACTICs have been used for decades by the Gun Control Freaks. I said it right and I said it with NO DISRESPECT to YOU.
That was my point, before it was taken off in a Grammar lesson.

I meant my misguided hatred for Zumbo that I've been venting throughout this whole thread that drgrant set me straight on a few post back. I wasn't implying you think I am misguided...whether you do or not that is not what I meant. lol

I get your point now. Levin is one of those POS' that will twist anything to his self imposed advantage. Ok...point taken.

No disrespect inferred from my end from any posts implied or otherwise. I get upset at the idiots trying to take my rights, not the fine people I converse with out here.

The thing that still troubles me about Zumbo is that he has not publicly changed his opinion regarding the government’s ability to ban a certain firearm. At least I have not seen it.

Most of his negative comments about semi auto versions of assault rifles didn’t bother me. What do I care what he thinks of ARs being used by hunters? He is a traditionalist and likes to see wooden stocks in the woods. So what? It really isn’t that unlike the friendly banter that happens on gun boards about Glocks vs. steel guns with all of the comments of plastic and Tupperware.

The problem I have and still do with Zumbo is he stated that the government should ban certain guns for hunting. He has come back and said that he was wrong about the guns. He said that he is now learning about them and that they can have a proper role in hunting. But he has not said that he was wrong about the government having the power to ban guns. Only that he now believes that semi auto versions of assault rifles are ok.

I still don’t think that he gets it.

He has come back and said that he was wrong about the guns. He said that he is now learning about them and that they can have a proper role in hunting. But he has not said that he was wrong about the government having the power to ban guns. Only that he now believes that semi auto versions of assault rifles are ok.

True, he hasn't said that persay, but I would assume accepting that they are not just evil baby killing machines and have useful purposes would inheirently mean he believes they shouldn't be banned. Of course I'd like to hear him say that all guns are ok for self defense purposes, then I'll consider him completely rehabilitated! [laugh]

-Tom

True, he hasn't said that persay, but I would assume accepting that they are not just evil baby killing machines and have useful purposes would inheirently mean he believes they shouldn't be banned. Of course I'd like to hear him say that all guns are ok for self defense purposes, then I'll consider him completely rehabilitated! [laugh]

-Tom

Yes Tom we can reasonably infer that he does not believe that they should be banned anymore. But I fear that he still believes that the government has the power to do so.

That's were I have the problem.

It doesn't matter if he believes it or not, the government has already banned firearms in the past, therefore they DO have the power to do it. It's simply a question of whether it is right or constitutional to do so.

Cato and Tom

I read his blog and I signed his blog before it was sent into never never land.
Did he actually call on the Govt to Ban these firearms or did he merely say that these Terrorist weapons should not be allowed in the faturnity of hunters? or something close... I do not remember a call on the govt to ban.

One of the GOOD arguments that came out when they were first trying to pass the AWB was that the Govt had already enough laws in effect to control firearms and that all was needed was Enforcement of the exsisting laws, not new laws. The Brady Bill when passed proved to be Counter Productive, for it took cops off of the streets and sat them behind computers doing Background checks that would take hours upon hours to complete on each applicant. Look at the Projectile Fingerprinting, wow! each and every gun will have to fire a projectile and then that projectile will have to be scanned and entered into a Very Large Database and can anyone phanthom the hours involved, just to have new guns come out everyday and more projectiles..... Enforcement of what we have will work far better than the creation of new laws.

Last edited:
My post was addressed to SKSguns and why you felt the need to do your grammar checking on it is beyond me.---Wingwiper

I didn’t check your grammar. I just pointed out that what you said and what you meant might have been two different things.

Be glad he is just correcting your grammar. You really know when you have gotten to jkelly when he accuses you of lying.---Fprice

Fprice,

You stated:
“….you are the only person who has mistaken my comment for a defense of Zumbo.”---Fprice

I asked you if you knew that your above statement was true when you said it. You didn’t answer and still haven’t. If you didn’t know the statement to be true when you said it then how would you not be lying?

He did that once already, that is why I have no use for him or his comments.---Wingwiper

Wingwiper,
In the “Wolf” thread, didn’t you admit that you made up information you had posted? And did you not try to use that false (and incorrect information if I remember correctly) to bolster your statement’s argument?

It’s probably not a wise and it’s certainly not a kind thing to publicly point out another’s transgression against the truth (or the apparent truth). I do not feel good about that and in the future hope to not do it again.

Sincerely,

jkelly

Jkelly

You mean this?

As far as the 300 million years, I made that number up, I knew it was in the millions and figured when you are talking millions, WTF is a few million either side. It is actually 52 million years ago for the FIRST ancestor.

We were talking mainly about Wolf habits and the 300 million wasn't a real relevent number, it held no bearing to the real topic. I could have said mega millions or whatever, but used 300 million, which to me meant a friggin long time.
WoW! I am a liar because of this? Geez! I had no idea you were so upset about something so trifle.
If this is all it is, Ah! Hell, I am sorry.

I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one on this forum who has suggested you have lied.

But to answer your question, yes that’s what I mean, you made up information that you knew wasn’t true and presented it as fact.

From Wikipedia:
To lie is to say something one believes to be false with the intention that it be taken for the truth by someone else.

jkelly

Last edited:
Jkelly

Good God if you are referring to Martlet, I could care less about him or what he thinks. I gave reference to everything I said and anytime, you or he wanted to check out those references and see the laws, you could, BUT you all didn't, instead you felt the urge to call me ignorant and a liar. Yet, neither of you presented facts to substantiate what I was saying was false. I also made it clear that laws change from state to state. So NO! I did NOT Lie or even come close. You both had a real tough time reading English.
As far as 300 million or whatever, Give it a break, you are choosing to win a debate over information that was totally irrevelant to the topic and was used to establish a LONG F--king Time. If I said a Quad zillion, you would have said nothing, but because I said 300 million, WOW! a pony show.
The TRUTH of the 300 million, you or anyone else could NOT prove me to be wrong. Could you name the DAY EXACTLY? how about the year? within 1000 years? OK! how about within 5 million years? Of course not! If you want to dwell on the 300 million as a figure of speech and use it as a fact, go for it. Knock yourself out.

Please ignore my posts in the future and I will return the courtesy.

Last edited:
Let me politely suggest that if anyone actually has anything useful to contribute to the topic of Jim Zumbo and his response to Senator Carl Levin, by all means post it here. OTOH, if it's just coining to be another round of reciprocal sniping, please sit back, have a few beers, then dispose of them in the usual manner rather than here.

Thanks.

Ken

Let me politely suggest that if anyone actually has anything useful to contribute to the topic of Jim Zumbo and his response to Senator Carl Levin, by all means post it here. OTOH, if it's just coining to be another round of reciprocal sniping, please sit back, have a few beers, then dispose of them in the usual manner rather than here.

Thanks.

Ken

Good advice.

you are choosing to win a debate over information that was totally irrevelant to the topic and was used to establish a LONG F--king Time.---Wingwiper

I pointed out that you stated something as fact to bolster your argument, when you were called on it, and I don't remember by whom, you admitted to making it up. Apparently you and Frosty think making things up to win arguments is okay. I don’t see that myself, but if you guys do then pointing it won’t help anyway.

jkelly

I pointed out that you stated something as fact to bolster your argument, when you were called on it, and I don't remember by whom, you admitted to making it up. Apparently you and Frosty think making things up to win arguments is okay. I don’t see that myself, but if you guys do then pointing it won’t help anyway.

jkelly

Looks like someone can't take a hint from a moderator.

jkelly

-[mg] [horse]-

[popcorn]

Looks like someone can't take a hint from a moderator.---Fprice

Frosty,
Sorry, I have a habit of answering posts related to me and I can see you didn’t take the hint either, now did you?
Now I'm done if you two guys are.

jkelly

Last edited:

Thanks.

Ken

Followed by:

jkelly

'nuff said.

Just in case anyone needs a reminder....

Thanks.

Ken

If that doesn't work, then we'll be ending this discussion.

Thank you,

Mother

Back
Top Bottom