ZHA broken into?

"Police were looking for three suspects, named Moe, Larry, and Curley".

Seriously, sorry to hear about the break. What a PITA it must be to get the place back in working order.

Sounds as though the car crapped out after being used as a battering ram and the two cases were left behind. I do question whether or not rifles were clipped in the break in, because they hang right over the door but given these guys are an audited FFL, they are not about to lie about it. I was just having a conversation @ NS firearms a few minutes ago (BTW: Mike Jr. hooked me up with a hard to find part!) about how thieves only get 10 cents on the dollar for what they steal, cause 10x that value in goods loss and then all of the damage, which in this case is going to be an astronomical $ figure. I hate f***ing thieves, they are such POS.

Back room area, no guns stored there, entry into the building was never made, reached in and grabbed two cases. Re-entered their alien space craft and attempted to return to home planet. Nuclear fission unit on vehicle failed and the little green men abandoned ship, leaving the two cases of ammo behind.

Back room area, no guns stored there, entry into the building was never made, reached in and grabbed two cases. Re-entered their alien space craft and attempted to return to home planet. Nuclear fission unit on vehicle failed and the little green men abandoned ship, leaving the two cases of ammo behind.

Oh, the back, that wasn't clear in the report.
Well then, Agent J, K and M will have to rely on Jeebs will rat the two out when they get back to their home planet. [wink]

Gun shop target of theft
By Katherine McInerney
Tue Dec 16, 2008, 02:14 PM EST

Easton -

In the early morning hours of Tuesday, Dec. 16, a gun shop in the Easton Industrial Park was broken into.

The alarm at Zero Hour Arms at 7 Renker Drive went off around 3:40 a.m., Easton Police Deputy Chief Allen Krajcik said. Police responded and found thieves had gained entry into the business by driving a stolen vehicle into a rear overhead garage door, Krajcik said.

“They were not able to gain access to the area where the firearms are stored,” Krajcik said. “That’s very secure.”

But they did make off with a couple of boxes of ammunition, which were recovered by police when the suspects’ getaway car — a Honda stolen from Randolph — broke down about a half-mile down the road and the suspects fled on foot.

Several canine teams came to assist the Easton Police, Krajcik said. Working together, the Brockton, Raynham, West Bridgewater and state police found several tracks, but no suspects.

The break-in is under investigation and police are reviewing videotapes, Krajcik said.

Zero Hour Arms is located at the back of the industrial park near the Turnpike Street entrance in West Bridgewater.

The business was robbed Oct. 11, 2007, when a thief or thieves pried open a steel bar over the store’s window, reached in, and grabbed approximately 10 handguns and shotguns that were stored below the window. Following the break-in, changes were made at Zero Hours to secure the firearms, Krajcik said.

No one was ever charged in the 2007 theft, though some of the weapons were recovered, Krajcik said.

If anyone has any information on the robbery they should call the Easton Police Department at 508-230-3322.

Katherine McInerney can be reached at 508-967-3508 or [email protected].

a tad more detail .........

Smash and grab has always been a problem especially with big chain electronic stores. Hence the steel/concrete posts often spread out in front of places like Best Buy and Circuit City.

With a shop like Zero Hour, I picture Dragon's Teeth and Omaha beach type defenses to prevent this from happening again and will more than happy to help pour concrete or assist in metal fabrication of anti tank devices.[wink]

haha i believe they do have measures in place to stop cars from smashing in on other sides of the store, but its hard to have something that both protects the building from a vehicle and still leaves the garage entrance functional.

With a shop like Zero Hour, I picture Dragon's Teeth and Omaha beach type defenses to prevent this from happening again and will more than happy to help pour concrete or assist in metal fabrication of anti tank devices.[wink]

Great idea! With all the Milsurps there, it would fit right in!

I guess you could say the same about Brockton - what a pit.

haha i believe they do have measures in place to stop cars from smashing in on other sides of the store, but its hard to have something that both protects the building from a vehicle and still leaves the garage entrance functional.

retractable security bollards would work for the garage entrance. by the way, an arrest was made in the break in.

Last edited:
I hate shit like this.
Glad to hear no firearms were taken, and that the Ammo was recovered.
I guess I'll have to head over soon and buy a gun to help get them back on track. After all it is the right thing to do. [wink]

Landmines...

The ED-209...
Ed-209.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ED-209
Hint: Robo cop

I hate shit like this.
Glad to hear no firearms were taken, and that the Ammo was recovered.
I guess I'll have to head over soon and buy a gun to help get them back on track. After all it is the right thing to do. [wink]

Yea I think we all need to pitch in [smile]

I would be more than happy to offer any services I can to help establish barricaide from this kind of crime again. Might just be a matter of getting some nice big boulders for lawn ornaments... probably find some across the street... we call em BFRs down at the base ( Big f***in rocks) ... They will stop everything short of a 5 ton truck....

Might think about just sinking some telephone poles arround the perimiter, get an 8 foot pole, sink 4 feet in the ground with an auger on a bobcat, put some nice rope arround em so they look almost like they belong there...........

OK The break in was through a garage door in the back, they rammed the car through it (took 4 tries) and we have it all on video. The alarm went off and they grabbed a couple of 500 rd cases that were stored near the door in the back and fled.
They also did try the bars but that was reinforced when the last break in happened a year or so ago. (3 pistols were stolen and 6 long arms in that break in) The pistols have been recovered in the break in over a year ago. All of the windows and main entrance doors are reinforced and there is no way anybody is getting in there short of taking the building down. If they do that's when we close for good!

I feel a strong sense of community ownership for shops like ZHA; it is "our" shop as much as it is Jim and Marcs. And our shop is under attack. Therefore, I suggest we volunteer for guard duty at ZHA. Marc, just set me up with Ma Deuce and a lawn chair, and I'll make sure there are no more break ins!!!

I've actually never been able to make it down to ZHA. I think I will take a trip down this Saturday and buy something I don't really need, just for shits. That plus I want to see how they handle transfers.

Back
Top Bottom