Zero Hour Arms gets hit this morning for 10 guns

well this f***ing sucks... no other way to put it.

Jim and his guys are the best handsdown... the worst part is the fact that being in mass... they will end up getting a buch of shit from the state im sure.

I feel freaking horrible about this... I'm in there often, sometimes to just look around and window shop and Jim and the others are always great.

I hope they catch the f***ers and get the guns back...

The fact that most of them are hunting style guns may make them a bit harder for the "gangbangers" to unload... but who knows. [angry]

What about alarms? I would think ZHA would have pretty sophisticated alarms including a motion detector. Did the alarm go off? Is that how the theft was discovered?

You can have all the alarms in the world but it still takes a few minutes to even make to call to the local PD. That's why you see the range of firearms stolen. Whatever was withing reach for the first few minutes, then they are out of there quickly.

Hopefully there was some evidence left like fingerprints or something. I hope these jerks get caught and an example is made out of them. That takes a lot of balls and stupidity to steal from an FFL.

I have only been to ZH once and had one transaction with the guys. They treated me very well even when I decided to make a return. It sucks because of all the crap they have to deal with now because of some lousy thugs. At least it was not a theft because of neglegence. These guys went to extremes to rip the bars off the windows with a truck!

thankfully they did not get their hands on anything like AR's or AK's ect... I could see the headlines now and the questions and bullshit the anti's of this state would start spouting off to the press.

Sorry to hear this bad news guys. ;o( Hang in there.

My sympathy to those at ZHA. Hang in there.

By the way, will their insurance cover whatever losses/damages they sustained in this incident?

Even if it does, I know it's a terrible hardship, particularly in this state, where there's plenty to think about without crap like this happening.

Last edited:
thankfully they did not get their hands on anything
like AR's or AK's ect... I could see the headlines now
and the questions and bullshit the anti's of this state
would start spouting off to the press.

IMO having handguns stolen is far worse (value issues aside)
as the chances that they'll get moved on the street or used in a crime
are much higher. Rifles are tougher to move on the black market. Look
at the crime stats for starters- most so called "gun crime" is
committed with handguns. I think there used to be a shotgun
in the BATFE top 10 lineup but not sure about that anymore... the
majority of the lineup is old wheelguns and junk autos like brycos
etc.

All that aside I hope the thieves get caught, get shot, and die of
cancer, or all three, and that ZH gets their guns back. At least
in this case if the thief/thieves get caught they can get prosecuted
federally (as stealing from an FFL is a fed crime) instead of being
pushed through the pansy MA justice system and getting off with
a comparative wrist slap.

-Mike

I sent an Email to Pat DiPrete, owner of DiPrete Promotions. She runs the NH/ME/VT gun shows. With one coming up in Manchester this weekend, I asked her to notify her dealers.

We can hope they try to sell them at the show and get nailed!

BTW, video in the shop should still be a winner here.

The perps HAD to have visited ZHA prior to the theft to check out where stuff was in relation to the window. So their mugs should be on-camera.

BTW, video in the shop should still be a winner here.

The perps HAD to have visited ZHA prior to the theft to check out where stuff was in relation to the window. So their mugs should be on-camera.
I'm sure that they are... but how do you tell who they are? I'm sure that they didn't wear signs saying "We're casing this joint". [frown]

Poor Fred, though... You just know that he's never going to get as much from the insurance company as an Automag V is worth in this state, with it's inflated prices.

I'm sure that they are... but how do you tell who they are? I'm sure that they didn't wear signs saying "We're casing this joint". [frown]

Don't be so sure! They may have been "studying" a lot more than the guns during their visit . . . things that become obvious when you view a tape with an "investigative eye".

MANY of ZHA customers are repeats and known to them. Although nothing is 100%, if they had some new customers who were looking around for cameras, locks, studying the window, etc., it's a good start.

I've posted the list on a bunch of forums and have sent it to shooters I know all over. I also plan on putting a bulletin up on my local club's board and suggest everyone else do the same.

That blows, but at least they didn't get too much of the "good" (pre-ban) stuff. Think about how bad it would have been if they would have been able to get to the register. After all, most of the good stuff is above it, below it, or on the right of it.

That blows, but at least they didn't get too much of the "good" (pre-ban) stuff. Think about how bad it would have been if they would have been able to get to the register. After all, most of the good stuff is above it, below it, or on the right of it.

Wow!!! I feel like I've just cased the joint myself and I've never been there.[thinking]

Seems like alot of planning to get some hunting rifles.

I think that is the worst part of it all. From the way they broke in to how and what they took I don't think the F*ckers who did this planned much at all. It seems more random that planned.

Last edited:
Damn Neptune. Hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag! DOH!

Hey, one has to wonder, maybe the ZHA guys are sneaky smart. After all, the things that could be easily taken were just some hunting guns and few handguns. I'd say that is a sign of some good store layout skills right there, considering the store we are talking about. They should have some sort of DMZ along the window now, maybe with a car battery hooked up to the inside grate... Hehehe.

Don't be so sure! They may have been "studying" a lot more than the guns during their visit . . . things that become obvious when you view a tape with an "investigative eye".

MANY of ZHA customers are repeats and known to them. Although nothing is 100%, if they had some new customers who were looking around for cameras, locks, studying the window, etc., it's a good start.

excellent point LenS. If they had visited the store, it would have been recent and ZHA can surely look and see if anyone is 1- not a regular and 2- less interested in the guns then the lay out.

I'm actually headed there now for a couple of things.

As somebody who has some experience in the private security sector, the first thing I do when I walk into a place is figure out how I could rob it blind. Think like a thief. Then look on the old camera footage to see who is looking at the same things you were looking at.

Where I work now, you can't get within 100 yards of our building without being on at least one camera.

My advice to ZHA: Have all of your usual cameras set up but also have one camera zoomed in VERY close on the door at the average persons height. Camera views that cover the whole store are very wide angle. When it comes to identifying the perp, you never get a good face shot. The front door is the perfect bottleneck where you KNOW his face will be within a foot or two of flexibility. Use that bottleneck to your advantage.

Also invest in a system that uploads images to a remote server. Then they can trash or burn the place to the ground and you'll still have the proof.

Last edited:
I'll try to notify and forward the list and story to the central and northern Maine dealers as well. Who knows, maybe one of these dogballs will try to use one of the rifles to deer hunt and try to p/u some ammo for it, or try to trade it for some cash (and lay on a story of how he doesn't want to part w/ it but needs cash). You all know the drill. Catch him and KICK HIM IN THE JIMMY!!

Back in the mid eighties(when the Metropolitan Police was still around) we raided a drug dealers house in Lynn and discovered(among other things) 4 huge chest freezers filled with stolen supermarket packaged meats and seafood and the like. Seems he would take this stuff in trade for coke and sell the food to bars in the area. Sorry, it's late and i'm rambling. But it goes to show you that the bad guys are thinking outside the box as well.

My condolences on the break-in. We should all be vigilant.
Time to warm up the nut-taser.

WOW Sorry to you guys (ZHA's and Fred) !!!

I'm wondering, due the LEO's or the ATF send these lists out to the gun stores in Mass so they know to look for them, if not I can get the list to some of the gun stores out here in the western part of he state.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom