• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yugo SKS M59/66...did I pay too much?

I went over to Tite Group last night to pick up my NES AR lower. While there, I noticed a "brand new looking" SKS. It turned out to be a never issued Yugo SKS M59/66 with a sling and a mag pouch. All the serial numbers match and the stock is in super condition. I bought it for $329. Was that a good deal or did I screw myself?

I went over to Tite Group last night to pick up my NES AR lower. While there, I noticed a "brand new looking" SKS. It turned out to be a never issued Yugo SKS M59/66 with a sling and a mag pouch. All the serial numbers match and the stock is in super condition. I bought it for $329. Was that a good deal or did I screw myself?

Decent deal with the sling and pouch included. Enjoy it and don't sweat the price.

$250 for an unissued 59/66 is standard price, but if you don't have a C&R and can't get one shipped to you, ya gotta take what you can get.

Thanks everyone. Perhaps I should consider getting a C&R.

But we do need pics [smile].

I will take pictures but need to clean the rifle up a bit as it is completely covered in cosmoline. So much so that when I handled it in the store it stuck to my hands and I couldn't easily let go [smile].

Perhaps I should consider getting a C&R.

Its really worth it if you want to start getting into surplus guns because you'll pay for what they're worth on the collector market, not what gun shops are charging.
You'll get the $30 back in money savings on the first C&R eligible gun you buy.

Its really worth it if you want to start getting into surplus guns because you'll pay for what they're worth on the collector market, not what gun shops are charging.
You'll get the $30 back in money savings on the first C&R eligible gun you buy.

Plus, many online vendors will place you in the "dealer" catagory, and you'll reap discounts on most of their products. After I got my C&R and sent it to MidwayUSA, my first order of cleaning supplies resulted in a savings equal to the cost of the license.

Even if you never buy a milsurp, get the C&R and save HUNDREDS of dollars.

Back
Top Bottom