Your source for MOLLE Pouches/Holsters/Hydration, etc'?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
As I'm waiting for my plate carrier and plates to come in I've been looking for the MOLLE ammo holders, pounches, holster, etc' for it and not having the best of luck. A number of sites are sold out of the limited offerings they had and will not be getting more in anytime soon. Other sites only had one item I wanted and the shipping was costly.

So wondering if anyone has a source they'd be willing to share on where they've purchased their gear?

As to what I'm getting I've pretty much decided on this setup.

Front:
Triple Kangaroo AR mag holder w/ pistol mag holders (Lower)
Admin pouch (Upper)

Back:
2.5L Hydration Pack

Left Side:
Holster for G26 set up for cross draw

Right Side:
Medic Pouch
Small Knife

I was looking at the Condor brand, but that might be the low end. I also looked at a few others in between price wise. I know you get what you pay for, so what brand have you had success with?

Thanks.

Condor stuff is hit or miss.

Tactical Tailor makes nice stuff as does Emdom. I have five or six different AR mag pouches and the Emdom's are the nicest.

Skdtac.com is a great site with lots of quality gear.

ETA:

FYI on my carrier I have 8 pmags, a hydration pack and an IFAK. That's it. I have a molle belt that I use for pistol, knife, dump pouch, pistol mags.

Last edited:
I am looking for a first aid pouch, but I have very specific requirements so if you happen to see one in this size could you let me know?

7.5-8" Wide x 4-6" tall x 2ish" Deep (Front to back) Opening on the top okay or panel opening would be ideal

Skdtac.com is a great site with lots of quality gear.

This, they ship real fast and are always having some reason to have a sale.

I put one of these on my Banshee...

Blue Force Gear Helium Whisper Ten-Speed Triple Mag Pouch

...because I am not sure I want a bunch of crap on my chest. You can stuff just about anything in these (mags, flashlight, cordless phone, ho-ho's) or nothing at all. When it is empty, it lays flat and is flexible, so it is like its not even there.

I have a padded belt that I have mag pouches and a holster on.

Last edited:
This, they ship real fast and are always having some reason to have a sale.

I put one of these on my Banshee...

Blue Force Gear Helium Whisper Ten-Speed Triple Mag Pouch

...because I am not sure I want a bunch of crap on my chest. You can stuff just about anything in these (mags, flashlight, cordless phone, ho-ho's) or nothing at all. When it is empty, it lays flat and is flexible, so it is like its not even there.

I have a padded belt that I have mag pouches and a holster on.

how well do they retain the mags? after my condor shit disintegrated during the hora dolor, rather, in the clubhouse doing NOTHING... i don't trust their shit anymore. not for the plate carrier at least.

how well do they retain the mags? after my condor shit disintegrated during the hora dolor, rather, in the clubhouse doing NOTHING... i don't trust their shit anymore. not for the plate carrier at least.

The backing has a rubbery texture, and the elastic is pretty strong/tight so it holds them pretty snug.

So the moral of this story is as I thought. You get what you pay for.

I have a vest on order from 511tactical.com its the vtac lbe, gotten lots of good reviews. Its all nylon mesh so very breathable and has a built in pouch for hydration pack.

Does anyone else make the kangaroo pouches besides condor?

wasn't even a goddamn pouch, either--was the inside the entire chest rig. i was ripshit.

Sir - I suggest you write an equipment review - if you're willing - detailing the experience and result. I think many here would benefit from your experience.

As mentioned above, the Condor brand is hit-or-miss depending specific item. The rip away med pack is solid, other items not so much.

I will say that resources like AR15.com and M4Carbine.net both have an equipment forum that you can study and figure out - depending on your usage - what set up might work for you. That said, test it all in training - you're gonna be amazed what you find.

OPSGEAR.com - Tactical Gear, Military Gear, Police Gear for Every Operation

They have a link on there to build your vest in a java application. They have a great selection of stuff in multiple brands. They just had a 20% off sale for 5.11 MOLLE gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at this site earlier in the week and just about everything they offer for sale is out of stock and on back order. I emailed them about when they think things will come back in stock and I'm still waiting for a response.

Only reason I ask is because when I got mine, I was kind of surprised how much smaller it was then I was expecting. 3 rifle mags on the front and that was about it, the cumber bound area changes with the size of the wearer's chest. Something to think about before ordering gear...

Only reason I ask is because when I got mine, I was kind of surprised how much smaller it was then I was expecting. 3 rifle mags on the front and that was about it, the cumber bound area changes with the size of the wearer's chest. Something to think about before ordering gear...

Thanks for the advice. I did see a pic of the vest with plates in it and some gear attached. I was surprised as well at the smaller size then I thought it would be. I'll be able to put three rifle mags on the front lower and a small admin pouch above the mag carrier. That will be about it. I was thinking that I'd be able to fit 4 mags in a row, but that will not be the case. Will do a small/medium medic pouch on the right side, a medium sized hydration pack on the back and I'm still up in the air on a holster for a small G26 on the left side. Been toying with the idea of a belt setup as well, but not sure yet.

Just got my pouches in the mail, pain in the butt to get mags in so i am leaving them full to break them in. Was hoping ak mags would fit also but they dont.

Can anyone recommend some good pouches that will fit both ar and ak mags? Looking for double stacker and/or a double kangaroo style.

What are peoples opinions on using a flap closure or bungee retention? I think i like the bungee retention but can see how in situations where i need to quickly put a mag back in tbe pouch one handed it could be difficult unless that bungee slackens a little after some use and will stay clear of the opening so that 2 hands are not required.

For condor you can hit the Army Barracks this way you see everything in person and can fondle the product, most condor stuff is far inferior to SDS and the other decent brands out there.

For better quality there is a place in New Hampshire I think they only do online sales but the price is right on Specialty defense products (military supplier) and the turn around and shipping is fast. The website is Tactical Advantage Online Store

I personally don't like bungee and only run flaps. I'm pretty certain the bungees will lose their elastic properties before the velcro will lose it's grip. Also you can tuck the flaps in and they stay out of the way.

The Emdom does both AK and AR.

Here's another link

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom