Your recomendations? I need a powder measurer and trimmer

I have finally been able to gather enough componts together to start reloading .308. To this point I have only reloaded 9mm and 38 special using my Lee Turret press and I have yet to venture into rifle reloads. My bench is in need of two things to get me going. A decent powder measure and a trimmer.

Any thought or suggestions ? I have only really looked at the hornady stuff as that's what's in stock at the dealer I frequent

I have the hornady powder mesure and it works just fine with all trhe powders I use. Sometimes it binds a bit with H4895. As for trimmers I have a RCBS trim pro.....im tired of hand cranking. It works well enough though.

I like the Hornady power measure as well. I also use an RCBS Chargemaster, which is excellent.

How many cases do you need to trim?

I have the hornady powder mesure and it works just fine with all trhe powders I use. Sometimes it binds a bit with H4895. As for trimmers I have a RCBS trim pro.....im tired of hand cranking. It works well enough though.

I like the Hornady power measure as well. I also use an RCBS Chargemaster, which is excellent.

How many cases do you need to trim?

Low volume 308 and 30-06 and perhaps some x54r for my nagant sniper.

What about the common type for powder for 308/30-06 with the Hornady?

Low volume 308 and 30-06 and perhaps some x54r for my nagant sniper.

What about the common type for powder for 308/30-06 with the Hornady?

Look at the LE Wilson Trimmer.

You can't go wrong with 4895 or Varget. Good luck finding them.

I have a forster original trimmer hooked up to an old drill. Wicked consistent, about 80 bucks, and if need be I can still do over 500 rounds an hour on it.

Mike

time for me to buy a cordless screw driver to attach to my rcbs. Looking at 5k+ cases that need preping.
I did a large batch (3500 cases) about a year ago all hand cranking...Instead of another gun time to update my trimmer set up.

Back
Top Bottom