• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

357 mag need help

no they dont chamber
Does a sized case gauge and chamber?
What bullet? Jacketed, plated or cast?
Cannelure, crimp groove or plain?

Is the case even at the base of the bullet or does the bullet expand the case more on one side than the other?

Do you seat and crimp in one die?

" Well I gave Dillon a call, explained what the problem was ,and that I had inspected, cleaned and readjusted all the dies. I told him that everything I tried I couldn't get consistent neck tension, and that I have never had this problem.

He had me hold for a couple minutes and when he got back to me, He told me that the Dillon sizing die is only good for about 100,000 rounds then its wore out..

I asked him will carbide wear out , he said in the Dillon die it will.

It hard for me to believe that , But I'm having the trouble with the Dillon die ! "
From Dillon 9mm sizing die problems

" Well I gave Dillon a call, explained what the problem was ,and that I had inspected, cleaned and readjusted all the dies. I told him that everything I tried I couldn't get consistent neck tension, and that I have never had this problem.

He had me hold for a couple minutes and when he got back to me, He told me that the Dillon sizing die is only good for about 100,000 rounds then its wore out..

I asked him will carbide wear out , he said in the Dillon die it will.

It hard for me to believe that , But I'm having the trouble with the Dillon die ! "
From Dillon 9mm sizing die problems

Dillon sent me a replacement 9mm sizing due because mine was like 0.0005" oversized and I wasn’t getting sufficient neck tension with Federal brass. Slightly thinner wall apparently. The die was new.

Did you figure it out yet? If not, try sizing an empty case and a case with a different bullet. If that doesn't work, try a different sizing die.

If you use cast bullets it swages them down - your individual results may vary but bullet size is very important to not leading up your gun.

If you need the FCD with the sizing ring then you have a problem somewhere else in your reloading process. Fix that problem and you won't need the FCD.

The FCD with a collet like the 223 FCD is a great die.
I don't use cast bullets !! Do not have any problems with accuracy, feeding or for that matter anything !! They just work for me !!!!

I don't use cast bullets !! Do not have any problems with accuracy, feeding or for that matter anything !! They just work for me !!!!
Like several of us stated - if you need the Lee FCD for a straight wall cartridge like 38/356 there is something wrong in your process that is being bandaided with the FCD.
If you are happy with, go for it.
But it doesn't change the fact that they only serve to cover up other issued.

I agree with the FCD comments. Having said that, I got 1.5" groups at 100 yards with my scoped DW revolver using Zero 158 gr JSPs over 2400 powder. And using a Lee FCD. Over the last few years I’ve been using a standard roll crimp die and haven’t really noticed a change in accuracy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom