Your New Knife!

Please tell me more about said "scout sheath". 🤔
It's cheap, the snaps in particular feel real cheap, and probably chinese, but wearing in on the small of my back is surprisingly comfortable even sitting at my desk all day. I do like how easy it is to put on and off without removing my belt, but I don't love the snaps.

I am hoping it lasts a few weeks, if I like carrying it this way, I'll pony up the money for a better quality set up.

Ottoza Handmade Leather Knife Sheath RIGHT HAND Bushcraft Knife Sheath - Hunting Knife Sheath - Survival Knife Sheath - Fixed Blade Knife Sheath Horizontal Carry Dark Brown TOP GRAIN LEATHER No:39 https://a.co/d/frGzWOM

It's cheap, the snaps in particular feel real cheap, and probably chinese, but wearing in on the small of my back is surprisingly comfortable even sitting at my desk all day. I do like how easy it is to put on and off without removing my belt, but I don't love the snaps.

I am hoping it lasts a few weeks, if I like carrying it this way, I'll pony up the money for a better quality set up.

Ottoza Handmade Leather Knife Sheath RIGHT HAND Bushcraft Knife Sheath - Hunting Knife Sheath - Survival Knife Sheath - Fixed Blade Knife Sheath Horizontal Carry Dark Brown TOP GRAIN LEATHER No:39 https://a.co/d/frGzWOM
Thank you.

I look forward to seeing that knife (and sheath) again when it has a few character marks on it.

Not cheap but looks pretty damn nice with the Esee 4…

I can attest to Sagewoods quality. I recently received one of their sheaths for an ESEE Camp Lore. It was a long wait, several months, but well worth it. I should have posted pics already but will try to get some good pics up tomorrow. I think this leather sheath will still be around long after I’m gone and to me that’s pretty good work.

I'm going to the store to buy a lottery ticket. I bought this knife at least 20 years ago, haven't seen it in at least 10 years since we moved into this house. Thought it was gone forever but low and behold after going through some totes in the basement to find some sh*t for my wife there she is! Love when that happens.
PXL_20221024_222934843.jpg
PXL_20221024_222946209.jpg

I'm going to the store to buy a lottery ticket. I bought this knife at least 20 years ago, haven't seen it in at least 10 years since we moved into this house. Thought it was gone forever but low and behold after going through some totes in the basement to find some sh*t for my wife there she is! Love when that happens.
View attachment 677615
View attachment 677616
Nice old Gerber Gator there. Those grips were great.

Here are some pics of the new Sagewood Gear sheath made for an ESEE PR-4. This guys work is like bomb proof leather artistry.

They’re pricey AF and I sure can’t afford one for all my knives, but if you have a favorite camp, hike or bonfire knife, dressing it up with one of these should be a strong contender of choice. All of his leather is deep treated inside and out with anti-corrosion juice to help out those high carbon blades as well as the leather itself from mold and bacteria if you end up in the drink for a bit.

In this second pic below you can see a small kydex tab built in that holds your snap strap out of the way for re-sheathing. There is also a secondary shock corded security strap at the top of the handle, that can be used or left aside as desired for your activity or terrain level.
DD90934B-FB27-46BE-8B06-C0D267B2F3BB.jpeg 955D33D6-5594-4D3D-AE92-3232B43D2C00.jpeg
F2E94885-013F-4FE6-B7AA-0CF984591C61.jpeg 3EADC530-0910-4D8E-AB93-98F201D5D075.jpeg

The fire stick (optional $ add on) is also secured with shock cord and tab with a nice secure fit with the leather slide sewn between the two opposing slabs for security.

A9D62F0B-2127-4B13-9755-A6805D83AD87.jpeg 58B95039-83FE-4D1A-A98C-113B07D04C02.jpeg C70C6D73-F43F-4699-90D1-E18AEE8701DE.jpeg 64FBC201-3733-4C85-B38C-FEB68AFF1CE9.jpeg D62ABD60-F25A-4539-A3CC-87FA6C485865.jpeg

There are choices for diff belt attachments, belt slides vs danglers, etc. All in all a great American made, quality leather sheath that even smells like freedom.

Also I forgot to mention there’s a dedicated drain hole as well on the back side of the sheath. 👌🏻

Alrite so I don’t know what’s going on with this guy and his shop. My apologies this is the first time I’ve looked at his webpage since I ordered about 4-5 mos ago, but it looks like he’s discontinued 95% of the sheaths he offered.

I was actually trying to find the sheath that I bought because I couldn’t remember how much it was, and I was only finding 2 sheaths available for sale. Then I came across this…

3CC5ED0A-784D-43BA-A072-157EB874C19B.png

Made to Order Knife Sheaths (ARCHIVE) - Page 2 - Sagewood Gear

I’m a little confused as to what he’s doing and would suggest contacting him for particular sheaths. On that link you’ll see all of them that were available just recently, like 10 pages of them, that don’t appear to be avail anymore. Fml

Alrite so I don’t know what’s going on with this guy and his shop. My apologies this is the first time I’ve looked at his webpage since I ordered about 4-5 mos ago, but it looks like he’s discontinued 95% of the sheaths he offered.

I was actually trying to find the sheath that I bought because I couldn’t remember how much it was, and I was only finding 2 sheaths available for sale. Then I came across this…

View attachment 678077

Made to Order Knife Sheaths (ARCHIVE) - Page 2 - Sagewood Gear

I’m a little confused as to what he’s doing and would suggest contacting him for particular sheaths. On that link you’ll see all of them that were available just recently, like 10 pages of them, that don’t appear to be avail anymore. Fml
Interesting… He did say that he’s stocking the Esee sheaths and there is currently no lead time. Sounds like he’s going to the mass production side and is building up his inventory, albeit slowly and only for a few knife models.

Interesting… He did say that he’s stocking the Esee sheaths and there is currently no lead time. Sounds like he’s going to the mass production side and is building up his inventory, albeit slowly and only for a few knife models.
That’s what it sounds like. But what that means isn’t really clear. For example Is he making 20 PR-4 sheaths and then selling all with no wait time? Before moving on to making 20 ESEE 5 sheaths? It doesn’t seem like a very sound business idea but then I only see a small part of what he’s doing and must rely on site information to stay updated.

Back
Top Bottom