• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yo Yo Trap- Survival Fishing

Does anyone have any unique ideas about ways to use yo yo traps? What kind of different trap sets work the best for you? Also was wondering if anybody has tried gill nets, throw nets, or other fish trapping apparatus's out there on the market. This is a quick video of how to utilize yo yo traps in your bug out kit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a throw net to catch bait but it took a coupe days to learn the proper throwing technique. Dont expect to use one effectively without learning how to throw it first.
Fish weirs in small streams are good for catching a hand full of fish and they can be made out of sicks and rocks.
Never used a Yoyo trap but it looks shiny. I would want to set it in the water or camo it up with some spray paint to avoid detection.

Are these legal in Ma? I dont mean that sarcasticly, I had someone tell me they were'nt, but I wouldnt know where to begin to look, but that seems like the kinda fishing I would do on a weekend. Bait, wait, beer.

Back
Top Bottom