XS Sights

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question.

I did a search but couldn't find the info I am looking for.

Does anybody use these-

http://xssights.com/sightimages.html

I am looking for people who have actually used them.

Also, if anyone in the SE Mass area has a set on a gun now, I would like to try them out. I will bring the ammo.

Thanks, in advance.

I ran these on my Glock 17 for approximately 4 months/1000 rnds. I switched to contrasting fiber optics and could not be happier.

The XS gave me good target aquisition quickly at close range but failed terribly with precise shots past about 50ft.

I ran these on my Glock 17 for approximately 4 months/1000 rnds. I switched to contrasting fiber optics and could not be happier.

The XS gave me good target aquisition quickly at close range but failed terribly with precise shots past about 50ft.

I concur!

Tried 'em, didn't like 'em, went with fiber optics and never looked back.

I have no problems making head shots with them at 25 yards and body shots at 50 with a S&W 915.

Some people cannot or will not deprogram themselves of notch/post sight use habits when switching to express sights. They work differently and must be used differently. Same thing sometimes happen when people used to scoped rifles try to use aperture sights. Cannot be used the same way.

My new M&P will probably end up wearing them too.

Found this quote attributed to the late Colonel Jeff Cooper in a similar thread over on 10-8 forums:

From Jeff Cooper, December 1997

"After considerable testing and discussion, we have concluded that the proper answer for a pistolero whose eyes have begun to go is not a pistol ghost-ring, but rather a pistol express sight. The express sight, as you know, was pretty standard on the British heavy rifles of the Great Days. It consisted of a shallow "V" rear sight, mounted well forward on the barrels, in combination with an ample round bead on the front. This sight was intended for very quick use on very dangerous animals at very close range, and it served its purpose well. It was by no means a target sight, but it was a superior defensive sight.

Consider then that a pistol is intended for very quick use at very close range against very dangerous targets. The similarity is inescapable. I am not content with the pistol ghost-ring, for a number of reasons, but the pistol express sight just may be the only important development in pistol sightings in modern times."

Interesting, huh?

I don't know too much about them other than James Yeager likes them, and I like his videos. I believe they are designed for combat when you have both eyes open and are trying to hit the trunk or the head, as opposed to bullseye precision shooting. I used swatmedic's once and I thought they were pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom