WWYD.. bear edition

Dude, bears are chill. You build in their back yard, now you have to deal with it.

This bear is a good example, all it wanted was some burgers, beer and pie.

If a bear broke in, I would give it edibles, give it a beer and see if it wants to play Mario Kart.
Dude, believe me I know all about living with bears. They wander through here on a regular basis. My trash cans and bird feeders know all about them also. :)

I had one come up on my deck after my wife plopped a fresh pizza out of the oven onto the table, bear wanted a piece (well probably the whole thing) and there was only a sliding screen door between me and him. Once I closed the sliding glass door and jumped up and down yelling he left.

Then there was the time one decided he wanted to come in through my kitchen window at 2am. Woke up and scared him away but he did a lot of damage. Ripped a 2x6 cedar corner board off of my house, some siding and the window trim, and there was glass everywhere.

You are right, they were here before me when I built my house 35 years ago. But I am not letting them in for a beer and edible.:D

Dude, believe me I know all about living with bears. They wander through here on a regular basis. My trash cans and bird feeders know all about them also. :)

I had one come up on my deck after my wife plopped a fresh pizza out of the oven onto the table, bear wanted a piece (well probably the whole thing) and there was only a sliding screen door between me and him. Once I closed the sliding glass door and jumped up and down yelling he left.

Then there was the time one decided he wanted to come in through my kitchen window at 2am. Woke up and scared him away but he did a lot of damage. Ripped a 2x6 cedar corner board off of my house, some siding and the window trim, and there was glass everywhere.

You are right, they were here before me when I built my house 35 years ago. But I am not letting them in for a beer and edible.:D

That bear wanted to chill, give it a slice of pizza.

This could be you with your new best friend riding to battle ...

fe7.jpg

Dude, bears are chill. You build in their back yard, now you have to deal with it.

This bear is a good example, all it wanted was some burgers, beer and pie.

If a bear broke in, I would give it edibles, give it a beer and see if it wants to play Mario Kart.

They were taking about real bears 🐻 not your kind of bears.

IMG_9619.jpeg

I’d tell the ole lady that I left my keys in the car and ask her to be a dear and go get them for me.

I kid I kid.

I’d befriend him and keep him in the house in case there was ever a no knock raid.
Shoot that dog you fuggers. 🤣🤣

I’d be careful.. always laughed at people who get scared of bears.

I’ve dealt with plenty. There’s one I had last year.

You could yell and scream at it and throw shit at it and it would just come at ya. I had to jump in my backhoe one time. Even with the backhoe running and me trying to shoo it taway with the boom, he wouldn’t go. He eventually lost interest went and retrieved his bag of trash.

this harassment was going on for months. When he showed up at my house f*** with my garbage and my neighbors were all taking selfies with it with their kids real close.

I even tried firing warning shots, and the f***er still wouldn’t just takeoff

I think it’s because it’s a male and there was a female with three cubs up there. I think he was trying to get the cubs.

I’m glad he’s gone. He had me scared of my own shadow.

Never met a bear like this one

Last edited:

You could yell and scream at it and throw shit at it and it would just come at ya. I had to jump in my backhoe one time. Even with the backhoe running and me trying to shoo it taway with the boom, he wouldn’t go. He eventually lost interest went and retrieved his bag of trash.

this harassment was going on for months. When he showed up at my house f*** with my garbage and my neighbors were all taking selfies with it with their kids real close.

I think it’s because it’s a male and there was a female with three cubs up there. I think he was trying to get the cubs.

A stump wall could have helped.

Talking about bears, last night I watched "Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey".

If you haven't watched it, watch it and you will get a good laugh at the gun one person is using and what happens to it. (Hint: typical POS company).

Bears are like people. Younger juveniles under 3yr old are curious and often wonder around villages mostly out of curiosity- and are easily scared and will retreat.

Older hungry ones who already know who humans are and not afraid of anything on their territory will not run, especially in spring when food is scarce.

If local bears here are not even afraid of gunshots- it only proves how far away that problem went, if predators have learned are no longer any reasons to be afraid.

A stump wall could have helped.
That’s probably the only thing a stump wall wouldn’t fix. My neighbors condone this behavior thinking it’s cute, rather than haze them like you’re supposed to. others feed them I don’t know about this one in particular.

It’s not like I’m overreacting to a bear getting in my trash it happens. I have a can of bear mace by the front door. I was going to mace it in front of my neighbors, but if they got oversprayed, they probably freak out and then I was worried the bear would run out to the road cause an accident.

So I just took other measures

Bears are like people. Younger juveniles under 3yr old are curious and often wonder around villages mostly out of curiosity- and are easily scared and will retreat.

Older hungry ones who already know who humans are and not afraid of anything on their territory will not run, especially in spring when food is scarce.

If local bears here are not even afraid of gunshots- it only proves how far away that problem went, if predators have learned are no longer any reasons to be afraid.
Yeah, I’ve never seen this behavior to this extreme one time. I thought somebody was breaking in my house and I ran down my lower driveway and I caught a bear face-to-face. We both scared the shit out of each other and ran away.
Probably should’ve checked my cameras before I ran out there

The Cubs we have are cute as hell. The mama bear is protective but she just makes a noise and send the cub up a tree then stands up, but she’s not aggressive.

Yeah, I’ve never seen this behavior to this extreme one time. I thought somebody was breaking in my house and I ran down my lower driveway and I caught a bear face-to-face. We both scared the shit out of each other and ran away.
Probably should’ve checked my cameras before I ran out there

The Cubs we have are cute as hell. The mama bear is protective but she just makes a noise and send the cub up a tree then stands up, but she’s not aggressive.
russian brown bear grows way larger than black, not a grizzly, but big enough to prey on a livestock.
it was always known to villagers how not to touch those who respect the boundaries of the forest, but show no mercy to those who breach the boundaries and begin to prey on the cattle, and in the worst case, on humans as well.
i really think that a a lot of bigger mammals are not really that different from us, humans, in the way how they think and behave, especially those who can live long enough. and there are plenty of stories from alaska of how mean old alpha male bears can get, if you cross them, or if they decide that you trespass them. there is no place for a liberal 'co-existence' sticker there.

so if people here will decide that they are no longer the top of the food pyramid, then they will become a part of it, it is as simple as that.

It’s not surprising how stupid people are and they’re not getting any smarter. I may not be very well educated or make a lot of money, but I wouldn’t go f***ing posing my little children for a selfie 2 feet away from a bear. It’s sad that these people don’t know any better.

You’ve got people that just don’t see bears very often if ever.

Then you got people closer to my spectrum who see them pretty often. But by teaching your kids to be stupid it’s just stupid.

I have a really had any fear of them till this one anyway.. I let them go about their business and Haze when necessary.. that way we all keep a safe distance.

Well, we were younger. We’d have a campfire and the middle of a field and I’d make coyote calls until they came in on us and it always freaked out everybody around me. This was when I was very young pre-night vision and laser beams…

Coyotes aren’t gonna attack you in a group when you’re near a fire. At least not around here..

When I first went coyote hunting with my own gear, I went into a very small clearing with bait and electric call and I was f***ing surrounded but even them I think they knew not to come out of the tree line either way shot would’ve scared them off. I would hope but after dealing with this f***ing bear, maybe I was wrong.

Coyotes aren’t gonna attack you in a group when you’re near a fire. At least not around here..
as i understand in swampscott those mutated yotes now hunt in packs and actually attacked joggers.
and anyway, if they hunt in packs - they are called wolves, not coyotes. a coyote, or a jackal was always a lone hunter. gotta be a new thing an evolution produced down here.

as i understand in swampscott those mutated yotes now hunt in packs and actually attacked joggers.
and anyway, if they hunt in packs - they are called wolves, not coyotes. a coyote, or a jackal was always a lone hunter. gotta be a new thing an evolution produced down here.
I don’t know about that, but their DNA is slowly going back towards Wolf and they are definitely hunting in packs. They’ve been doing that around here since I was a little kid we had this huge Akita that would sneak out when he hear them. They send a bitch out or something to Lure him out either way he go out there he come back covered and f***ing blood. We all freaked out, but he was hurt, you wash him up .. not a scratch on him but those Japanese Akita they use the hunt bears so it’s not surprising. He must’ve been out there massacring those f***ing things.

Sidenote, is anybody else’s iPhone butchering pronouns? It’s like f***ing my iPhone went woke

It’s like f***ing my iPhone went woke
the autocorrect on the new updates is more aggressive, i think.

dunno if akita can deal with those new coyotes or wolves - i saw one this spring as our silly dog was stupid enough and try to chase it - i was almost certain we lost her, as that thing was pretty massive. not a real grey wolf massive - those things are huge, but bigger than an average lab, i would say, a middle ground between a great dane and a labrador. and ran like a wolf too - paws in the single file, straight tail horizontal to the ground. ran fast.
plus you cannot mistake a wolf run - it is smooth, like it hovers over ground.

Last edited:
the autocorrect on the new updates is more aggressive, i think.
I’ve always struggled with this phone whether I use the push to talk or not but now every f***ing pronoun goes neutral or incorrect. It’s such a bitch to correct mistakes yourself because it makes it worse.

Back
Top Bottom