• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WaPo Mass Shooting Special Edition

MaverickNH

NES Member
Oodles of graphics and statistics. As always, those that prefer to guard their valuable clicks, beware - it’s Washington Post. The 3rd article oddly notes three states have not had a mass killing with a gun, like mass killings without a gun are … what - better?

IMG_2625.jpeg

Double mass shootings over weekend set grim U.S. record​

There have been 38 mass killings with guns in 2023 - 453 such killings have occurred in the United States since 2006​

65% of mass killings with guns occurred in homes - Since 2006, every state except Hawaii, New Hampshire and Rhode Island has had a mass killing with a gun​

At least 89% of mass shootings were perpetrated by men - Since 2006, 558 people have committed mass killings with guns​

Oodles of graphics and statistics. As always, those that prefer to guard their valuable clicks, beware - it’s Washington Post. The 3rd article oddly notes three states have not had a mass killing with a gun, like mass killings without a gun are … what - better?
There are 87 people in New York who might disagree. Or their families would, anyway.

There are 87 people in New York who might disagree. Or their families would, anyway.

Excluded from the list ‘cause “What are ya gonna do, ban gasoline and matches”?

WaPo is hitting it hard this Holiday season, after their mid-November break from unwritten rules wrt showing graphic images of murders. They justified it by saying - hey, the Gaza war and the 7Oct atrocities, blah, blah - the public needs to know the destructive power of AR15s. As though the hundreds of children brutally and sadistically murdered by Hamas freed them to shows dozens killed by lunatic mass killers in the US.

TERROR ON REPEAT - A rare look at the devastation caused by AR-15 shootings​

Editor’s note: The photos, videos and personal accounts below are extremely disturbing and may be too upsetting for some people.

“Read why The Post is publishing this story” below:

As mass shootings multiplied, the horrific human cost was concealed - States reeling from gun violence made graphic imagery confidential — part of a charged debate over privacy and public awareness​

”When the Denver Post mobilized to cover the 2012 massacre at a midnight showing of the superhero movie “The Dark Knight Rises,” the newspaper elected not to seek wide-ranging public records from the crime scene in suburban Aurora. Gregory Moore, the editor at the time of the Pulitzer Prize-winning coverage, said his staff’s approach was informed by past tragedies: “We were probably overly sensitized to victims and their grief here having gone through Columbine.”

“It’s part of our DNA not to traumatize victims and families in this community,” he said.

But the “landscape has changed” in the decade since Aurora, Moore said, and he now believes news organization must do more to “help people understand how out of control this situation is and what the devastation is from having these weapons of war on the streets.”

Governments of all sorts have used guns to kill unarmed people by the millions, WaPo would’ve run out of red ink if they published 1% of those atrocities. I don’t see WaPo on the podium advocating banning governments.

In the 2021 230 Faces shown, I see (from a quick glance) approximately 10 females (~4.3%), but could be more....I do not have my cheaters here with me right now. What possible would be more informative are pictures of the victims of each shooter, I would like to know if it would corollate to the race and gender of the shooters to a high degree, I suspect it would.

Further as to which of the shooters shown above were at the time of the shooting a "prohibited person" would also help get a more complete picture (though you really can never get a complete picture from any news sources....as frankly each comes to the story with a certain predisposition on one side or the other or their Editor/Publisher does). Another important piece would be how many victims were "strangers" i.e. not known to the shooter, and also what number of victims were gang related victims (this is important....as is the stranger or not issue....).

So bottom line for me looking at this/these posts (without access to the WaPo article itself) and without further information needed such I mention above, I cannot even begin to learn anything, so instead I am left thinking of what a waste of human life and grief to the families and friends of the victims.

How about identifying them by political party affiliation and whether or not they belong to the NRA ???
...or if their firearm was purchased through legal channels...whatever that means.

Back
Top Bottom