WWII battle for airfield and new American Heritage Museum now in Hudson, MA

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
I didn't see any mention of this. The new battle for the airfield is now takes place in Hudson MA. It's this weekend.

They also added a yuuuuuuuge place with mostly armor collection, mostly new pieces. It's frigging nice, a must see. The American Heritage Museum in Hudson MA

The Collings Foundation - Preserving Living Aviation History

They got a landing craft that was actually in Normandy on D-day, SCUD missile and launcher, too much cool things to list.

2i27pjq.jpg

33nu7me.jpg

25tkuh4.jpg

2kn4uc.jpg

24whrtt.jpg

ejvjpt.jpg

The new museum is open?! I didn't think it was. Their "Wings of freedom" tour was up at Norwood airport last weekend. My dad and I went up to see the planes. We are going today to the 11AM battle.

Is this the new expanded building at the Collins foundation in stow? Does their property spill over into Hudson?

Another awesome museum is the WW 2 museum in Framingham, just off rt 9. In addition to wicked weaponry, that you can handle btw, they have some incredible original documents. They also have Hitler's bust that General Patton taught his dog, Willie, to pee on! Priceless!

It's in Hudson

So it is a separate location? I have been to the stow location, they have some acreage there, some of which presumably could be located in Hudson as I’m pretty sure they’re on the Hudson border there in stow.

So it is a separate location? I have been to the stow location, they have some acreage there, some of which presumably could be located in Hudson as I’m pretty sure they’re on the Hudson border there in stow.

Due to dispute with Stow neighbors, they built a new access road to the grounds from Hudson. It's the same property as before, just a different approach.

New building on the same property with a new driveway.

Thank you for the informed responses. I have worked in the old building before, and noticed the welcoming signs coming in. I live on a dirt road in nh, albeit in a much less populated area, and it is nicer than that road in from stow.

Glad they were able to work around the nimby liberals!

Back
Top Bottom