WTF!what do i do now?

my class A LTC expired 02/16 ,so rather than follow advice posted here.i renewed it in about the 2nd week of jan,01/16 well so far the state spent my money,and just left me hanging!!!! called the nice girl that does ltcs at the wspd,about 3 weeks ago,she said eveything is fine with them,still waiting for state.i checked the state web site last week it said my LTC is ''ACTIVE"",but i'm still sitting here with nothing in my hand but my *&^%$ WTF thanks for letting me vent!!!!!!

It can take a week for them to mail the LTC to the local.

Call them next week and be all like wtf

You can buy guns, ammo, and you have no legal exposure.

actually you can't buy guns until you get your new permit. Once the old one expires your pin is dead too. You can't buy or sell till your new one comes in with your new pin but you're legally ok for possession, etc and buying ammo.

actually you can't buy guns until you get your new permit. Once the old one expires your pin is dead too. You can't buy or sell till your new one comes in with your new pin but you're legally ok for possession, etc and buying ammo.

No, That is not supposed to be the case. By law an expired license is FULLY valid as long as the renewal was submitted prior to the expiration date of the old license.

When the law changed in 2014 the FRB went to great lengths to update MIRCS and inform dealers that expired licenses accompanied by a renewal receipt were valid for the purposes of purchasing guns and ammunition.

If someone with an expired license and a valid renewal receipt is denied a purchase it is either because the dealer is ****ing clueless or because there's a problem with MIRCS that NEEDS to be corrected. If this is in fact a problem with the state, it can be fixed.

My LTC expired the end of June and I received a card in early March telling me to renew ASAP due to long wait times. So I filled out the App. and went to the Ashburnham Police station about the middle of March and was told it was to early and to call back some time in April. I called the middle of April and it took a couple weeks for them to call back but they did finally call and my appointment was set for May 5th. Had the interview and I received my new LTC about 6 weeks later, about a week before it expired. Boy they sure know their stuff in Ashburnham.

In January 2014 I was still waiting for my renewed LTC to come in and I could not use my expired license number to do a transaction. Maybe they changed it after that?

I did my renewal appt two months before expiration and received the new license a month after the expiration, so 3 month total turnaround

all I know is,state took my money,spent it immeditly and for 5 plus months my rights have been infringed,have you ever bought ammo or guns with exp.LTC??

How have your rights been infringed? You still have your guns, right? If you're worried about not being able to buy new ones, go try it. If you can't, I'd say you have a case and I'm sure that Knuckle Dragger and the good folks at Comm2A can help advise you on next steps, legally.

I just don;t see why it takes 7 plus months,state law says 90 days.i don;t have the $$$$$ to take the state to court. i don;t feel comfortable doing anything firearm related.

I just don;t see why it takes 7 plus months,state law says 90 days.i don;t have the $$$$$ to take the state to court. i don;t feel comfortable doing anything firearm related.

Dude, listen to KnuckleDragger. You've got nothing to worry about. You are completely legal.

Did you get a receipt from the local PD from MICRS noting the renewal was submitted?

If you don't feel comfortable, then don't do anything firearm related. Don't buy any guns and ammo. Don't carry. Keep everything locked up at home. Risk tolerance is a personal decision. Even if you're fine (if you have the timely receipt) and you don't feel comfortable...don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable.

I received my receipt for submission to the licensing authority on May, 5 2016 for a renewal. I have in hand my old LTC which expired on June 27 2016 and my new LTC. Should I could try to buy ammo on my old LTC with receipt in hand to see if they honor the receipt.

all I know is,state took my money,spent it immeditly and for 5 plus months my rights have been infringed,have you ever bought ammo or guns with exp.LTC??

Your lack of comfort doing something legal is not a case of your rights being infringed.

Dude, listen to KnuckleDragger. You've got nothing to worry about. You are completely legal.
Where things get tricky, both as a practical and theoretical matter, is using an expired but valid MA LTC in states that recognize MA LTCs.

Back
Top Bottom