wtf i hate this state

i tried ti purchase a vepr k rifle off of ar15.com and now the seller refuses to sell it to me...he says his ffl wont ship to mass because

First my FFL and me must send to a FFL in MA?, second your FFL will transfer it to you??..I think not.

MASSACHUSETTS STATE LAWS - Assault Weapons Are there limitations on assault weapons and magazines.

Sorry no deal.

am i correct that if the gun has no flash hider, bayonet lug or folding stock it can be shipped to MA? i've had a mak 90 shipped here before i nthe same configuration the vepr is in...some one please help!!

blood hound said:
i tried ti purchase a vepr k rifle off of ar15.com and now the seller refuses to sell it to me...he says his ffl wont ship to mass because

am i correct that if the gun has no flash hider, bayonet lug or folding stock it can be shipped to MA? i've had a mak 90 shipped here before i nthe same configuration the vepr is in...some one please help!!

It doesn't have to be shipped by an FFL (common misconception)... it does have to be shipped to an FFL.

I had someone from that board who wouldn't ship preban magazines to me because of his reading of the imbecilic massachusetts gun laws. They could at the very least write them in plain English. I even pointed out the ad from Four Seasons selling mags, but the lawyerese scared the guy away.

It's adding insult to injury when people won't ship stuff to MA just because they are scared of the rumors about the laws here.

It seems like many just don't want to even take a chance of wading through the regulations so they just play it safe and don't ship ANYTHING. When I hear the companies won't even ship reloading supplies such as cases and bullets you know it is screwed up.

Be sure to tell them that MA AWB is an almost exact replica of the FED AWB. Some people think we have some kind of uber ban on everything like CA or CT.

blood hound,
FWIW, I had a .308 VEPR II shipped to a MA dealer from Robinson Arms (the distributor/importer), a couple years ago, with no problems.
It was about the same configuration as the one you described and came with two 10rd. mags.
I suppose the seller can make whatever rules he wants, but it sounds kind of silly for him to pass up a sale for no good reason.
Jack

blood hound said:

His FFL probably has "anti MA fumes paranoia" the same way the guys in
nevada will outright REFUSE to sell stuff to california residents, regardless of
it being 110% legal to do so in many cases. Just move onto the next
seller, and clear that "issue" ahead of time.

-Mike

this is the last correspondance i had with the seller...

Matt

Your State laws cover more then (Folding stocks and B-lugs) any firearm with a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition.

There is no way you can have this in your State or your FFL. There is no way I and my FFL or I will send this firearm.

Cannibus 14 please do not inquire about this firearm any more, I can not sell it to you

he then proceeded to send me a copy of all the mass laws which i already know...if i had the guy in front of me id love to sucker punch him...since almost all veprs are legal to own in MA...except those ones with flashhiders...i'm gonna see if my cousin in NH can find me a deal on one...itll prob be alot cheaper and easier...or is that considered a straw purchase????

i'm gonna see if my cousin in NH can find me a deal on one...itll prob be alot cheaper and easier...or is that considered a straw purchase????

Let your Cousin find it and you go up to NH and buy it! Perfectly legal and problems solved!

blood hound said:
this is the last correspondance i had with the seller...

he then proceeded to send me a copy of all the mass laws which i already know...if i had the guy in front of me id love to sucker punch him...since almost all veprs are legal to own in MA...except those ones with flashhiders...i'm gonna see if my cousin in NH can find me a deal on one...itll prob be alot cheaper and easier...or is that considered a straw purchase????

Well, if he can find the gun, you can simply drive to NH and buy it yourself, do
the paperwork, etc, at the dealer, thus avoiding the whole straw purchase thing.....
Even MA residents can buy most rifles and shotguns in NH with no
issues. The only thing you have to do is register it (on an FA-10) when
you bring it back into MA. (Unlike handguns, you can take posession of
long guns in another state from a dealer, no problem).

-Mike

If you really want to avoid this problem in the future, just find an FFL in NH that will accept delivery and conduct the transfer for you (hopefully the person won't take advantage of the situation and demand more for the transfer fee).

Back
Top Bottom