WTB clamp on front sight assembly for ar 15 flat top.

mac1911

NES Member
I been looking for a clamp on A2 style front sight assembly to turn my 22 lr upper into a practice gun. It has no front sight. I would like to get the clamp on style A2 sight assembly. Armalite is the only one 1 found and they are not available at the moment.

Last edited:
Brownells doesn't have what I'm looking for. All there sights require a railed gas block. Not needed for my application.

Look at the listings for gas blocks as all of the clamp on fron sights are also gas blocks. I like the ARMs folding front sight/gas block. I put one on an AR; it works well with the throw lever mount for my scope. I can go from a scope to iron sights very quickly.

White Oak sells them. Not sure if they have them in stock or not.

Link

You could also buy a standard FSB and drill & tap it for set screws yourself.

Thank you Jason's but the woa one is different. The armalite actually clamps on. The woa needs flats milled onto barrel. I could achieve the same result with a standard base and drill and tap but I don't want to alter the barrel or dig the set screws into the barrel. The barrel has a aluminum houseing......thanks you again

Thank you Jason's but the woa one is different. The armalite actually clamps on. The woa needs flats milled onto barrel. I could achieve the same result with a standard base and drill and tap but I don't want to alter the barrel or dig the set screws into the barrel. The barrel has a aluminum houseing......thanks you again

What's the OD of the barrel with the housing? The barrel that I have like that (from TACCOM) is way too fat for any FSB that I've ever seen. (On mine I ran a long float tube and mounted the sight to that.)

I thought about a longer float tube...the upper is a tactical solutions with s paclite barrel. The clamp on style sight is. .750 in.dia my barrel is. .950 I will mill out to fit. My goal is not to spend to much on this upper. If I need to dish out more than 100.00 I might just order a CLE 22lr match upper ? The time it would take to came in I would have saved enough to pay it off.
I was just hoping someone would have one in the parts bucket they where not useing.
I could go elcheepo on a clamp on gas block rail and some sort of rail mount sight. I just prefer to have fewer screws and parts as possible.

I thought about a longer float tube...the upper is a tactical solutions with s paclite barrel. The clamp on style sight is. .750 in.dia my barrel is. .950 I will mill out to fit. My goal is not to spend to much on this upper. If I need to dish out more than 100.00 I might just order a CLE 22lr match upper ? The time it would take to came in I would have saved enough to pay it off.
I was just hoping someone would have one in the parts bucket they where not useing.
I could go elcheepo on a clamp on gas block rail and some sort of rail mount sight. I just prefer to have fewer screws and parts as possible.

I don't think you'll find .200" worth of metal left to hog out, but maybe I'm wrong.

If you're looking to practice highpower with a .22 the CLE upper is hands down the way to go. I've been down that road myself and while it's tempting to try to piece something together to save some cake there's a reason that the CLE uppers are so expensive. (I have a 20" .22 bolt and barrel kit in my spare parts bin to prove it.)

Used ones do come up occasionally on national match and they usually sell (well used) for about 90% of the new pricing. They hold their value and sell quick when they come up. You really can't go wrong.

I have been trolling NM and cmp for cle a while back. Your right they run close to new. At that point I would go new so its " mine". The regular sight might not have enough meat like you say. I think the clamp on one from armalite will though.
I will figure something out.

Back
Top Bottom