Wrongful death suit says suicide followed IRS raid

I don't know. Regardless of the bullshit that the IRS pulled, you've still got to keep it together and deal with your problems when you have a family. If you're single and no one really depends on you, then you can go suffocate yourself. I could care less. It is your life to take so you have the right to do that if you choose, and I will never fault you. But, I think it is pretty selfish of her to do that with the family and all. She basically just amplified all the problems that her family had. IRS wins, your family loses. You've got to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and deal with your problems.

I agree, suicide, no one wins, lose-lose situation. But you know, 10 guys busting thru your door at 7am with no cause or followup charges, gotta wonder what country were living in.

I don't know. Regardless of the bullshit that the IRS pulled, you've still got to keep it together and deal with your problems when you have a family. If you're single and no one really depends on you, then you can go suffocate yourself. I could care less. It is your life to take so you have the right to do that if you choose, and I will never fault you. But, I think it is pretty selfish of her to do that with the family and all. She basically just amplified all the problems that her family had. IRS wins, your family loses. You've got to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and deal with your problems.

The IRS can destroy you without establishing your guilt.

Permanent solution to a temporary problem (which in hindsight, proved to have had nothing come of it, though I am by no means defending the actions of the IRS).

This must have been a straw that broke the camels back type of thing. With a family, nothing could be more selfish than killing yourself.

Mike

Yes, and that is a problem that needs to be dealt with. But killing yourself and leaving your family worse off is not dealing with it. It is succumbing to your selfish emotions. And there is nothing wrong with succumbing to your selfish emotions if you do not have a family that depends on you and that you are responsible for and dedicated to.

Wrongful death three days after the incident isn't the battle to fight here. The fight has to do with what the IRS actually did while she was alive.

A fair tax or consumption tax eliminates just so much!!

Didn't we have a war over a transaction tax? When are you going to stop repeating the rich people mantra? They can only drink the same amount of coffee as you. They get to keep all of their money, while you lose most of yours to taxation.

That's why I think they are one of the most evil agencies out there.
Accountants with guns, coming after your money. So many policies they can't even keep track of it...but you are expected to follow it. They can force you to submit documentation that they can use to prosecute you with...in effect you have no ability against self incrimination. Either you do not file your taxes and they come after you, or you file and they can force you into a living hell and subsequent prison.

Back
Top Bottom