WOW! Reality check last night!

While I was cleaning my car in one of the storms, I noticed 2 guys approaching my car. One back handed his buddies arm, and then went toward the back of my car, while the other continues toward the front, kinda like they were trying to flank me. I unholstered my pistolm and quickly put it in my jacket pocket, taking a step back so my back is against the other car. I'm trying to keep an eye on both, while facing more toward whoever is closest. Turns out one was trying to sell me a necklace, and the other walked right by towards the bodega.

Nice SA. That could have been something totally different than it turned out to be. Thankfully it wasn't, but definately good that you were as prepared as possible.

glad to hear you're ok

had a similar home situation once

heart rate goes up FAST

adrenaline is crazy stuff

Glad you're ok. I'm thinking he may be back. It's pretty ballsy to keep approaching after the motion lights turn on. Do you have snow there? Any footprints?

I had a couple of drunks stand of my front porch back at my old apartment. Many a times I thought they were home intruders, until the motion lights came on and the drunks usually fell over. This guy sounds more like a B&E type of criminal. Especially once he ran to his car when your lights came on. I would time how quickly you were up and armed compared to the first alert.

I had a couple of drunks stand of my front porch back at my old apartment. Many a times I thought they were home intruders, until the motion lights came on and the drunks usually fell over. This guy sounds more like a B&E type of criminal. Especially once he ran to his car when your lights came on. I would time how quickly you were up and armed compared to the first alert.

He attempted to open my sliding door after lights came on. He ran away after he heard me.

Now last nite, I awake from a sound sleep to my wife saying there's a man on our deck. I sit up in bed and she her peeking out the blinds of our slider. I say "what the expletive is going on"? She then says "I think he tried opening the slider". Our slider actually opens to our bed room. I jump to action but he has already made his way back to his car. Which was in our front driveway and takes off. Did I say WOW?!?

Crazy world. 2 nights ago I awoke at 2:30AM to 8-10 loud bangs on my front porch. The windows on my front porch lead directly into the house, pretty scary. I jumped out of bed, told the wife to grab a pistol, and I grabbed my Rem870. Turned on all the lights and the banging stopped. I have no idea what or who it was...but like said above, you never know when it might be you.

Yeah, that's enough to make me sleep with one eye open for a while.

What if he sleeps in the nude? Gun first? Or undies? There was a thread about this last year can't find it. OP no need to post pics of your sleep attire.

Gun first; absolutely. After you've dealt with the intruder, there is plenty of time to get dressed at your leisure.

Hopefully you have a stick on the inside frame on the slider? I know it's easy to take a slider off the frame but at least the stick will keep the slider from opening if you forget to lock it.

I recently put plexi in glass frames on my steal front door.

Have an alarm? Pretty cheap these days. Mostly wireless. Dont really need monitored if your worried about just thieves. Most robbers are not hanging out once the sirens start going off. We got the house done for 1200 or so. Piece of mind. And some insurance companies reduce your rate if you have one. When im out the wife sets to ''home mode'' everyone is free to move about, just dont open windows or doors. Dont be like everybody else who waits to get robbed to get one, like my folks. Get one before, seeing mom heart broken over losing this and that taught me my lesson. Good luck.

Last edited:
My boy eats basketballs under 10 seconds. He hasn't had thigh meat yet

[video]http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/twbarrett1/media/VIDEO0014.mp4.html?sort=3&o=8[/video]

Get him a Jollyball made for horses, they seem to last longer and dogs can play fetch themselves.

There was a kid in my town from my high school who had taken a bunch of shrooms and ended up breaking down a door to some randoms house only to occupy the living room.

That would warrant some buck shot or slugs from most you fellas. Kid should count his blessings.

He attempted to open my sliding door after lights came on. He ran away after he heard me.

Mmmm. Too bad you don't have a make on the plates. Maybe the next time they try $hit? For their sake, maybe they will be smart enough to defer.

Next time, be quiet. Let him come in. Then, give him a geography lesson. When you're done with him, he should know everything there is to know about Mozambique.

Hey I'm glad he bolted before it got worse, and nice reaction time. The motion lights are key, game cameras too, and the furry trip flare if you can. Did you call the PD? It's possible you weren't the only one probed that night, and it's possible someone has a plate or description etc. Can't hurt to report it.

I think the problem is that the real criminals think that they can get away with pulling more stuff, because our state government is on their side, and really consider us the criminals. Glad everyone is OK though. You got to be alert, all the time to be safe.

I think the problem is that the real criminals think that they can get away with pulling more stuff, because our state government is on their side, and really consider us the criminals. Glad everyone is OK though. You got to be alert, all the time to be safe.

This.

Back
Top Bottom